FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   FRA-SIN Raffles Class (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/378252-fra-sin-raffles-class.html)

hungrytraveller Dec 8, 2004 12:04 am

FRA-SIN Raffles Class

I would like to know in your opinion which flight is better to take between FRA-SIN, as there are two flights a day.
I am supposed to fly on december 19th on SQ 025 C class but I saw there is one flight leaving on 18th at 22h20.
Would meal service be the same or faster, etc... is usually that flight less crowded???
Thanks for your help... The D-day is approaching very quickly... hope I can still make changes...

demue Dec 8, 2004 2:41 am

Originally Posted by hungrytraveller
I would like to know in your opinion which flight is better to take between FRA-SIN, as there are two flights a day.
I am supposed to fly on december 19th on SQ 025 C class but I saw there is one flight leaving on 18th at 22h20.
Would meal service be the same or faster, etc... is usually that flight less crowded???
Thanks for your help... The D-day is approaching very quickly... hope I can still make changes...

I always liked SQ 325 better due to the fact that I have a whole day before hopping onto the plane and heading over to SIN. Last winter and in spring / early summer they even used to operate a 777-200ER for SQ 325/326 SIN-FRA-SIN (currently it is a B744) and a B744 for SQ 25/26 (SIN-FRA-JFK-FRA-SIN). I prefer the 772ER as the Raffles Class seating is 2-2-2 and not 2-3-2 like on the Megatops, but that's not the point right now.

Flights were pretty full when I took them regularly (every 6 weeks or so) with Raffles class at about 80%. The drinks and meal service starts pretty much right after take-off though I guess it'll still be around 11:30pm when your meal is served. If that is too late for you go with the mid-day departure.

As of this morning SQ 325 was showing decent availability in J (C) for the 18th of Dec. Enjoy your trip on SQ regardless of the flight you decide to take. Cheers ...

paffendorf Dec 8, 2004 4:25 am

Originally Posted by demue
I always liked SQ 326 better due to the fact that I have a whole day before hopping onto the plane and heading over to SIN. Last winter and in spring / early summer they even used to operate a 777-200ER for SQ 325/326 and a 747 for SQ 25/26 (SIN-FRA-JFK-FRA-SIN). I prefer the 777ER as the Raffles Class seating is 2-2-2 and not 2-3-2 like on the Megatops.

Flights were pretty full when I took them regularly (every 6 weeks or so) with Raffles class at about 80%. The drinks and meal service starts pretty much right after take-off though I guess it'll still be around 11:30pm when your meal is served. If that is too late for you go with the mid-day departure.

As of this morning SQ 325 was showing decent availability in J (C) for the 18th of Dec. Enjoy your trip on SQ regardless of the flight you decide to take. Cheers ...

now SQ 325/326 are operated with B744.
I suggest you SQ325 rather than SQ 25, cause i prefer it for the arrival time (evening), so that you can relax yourself, during the night.
:)

Kiwi Flyer Dec 8, 2004 11:46 am

I have been on both (325 more though) and always full or very nearly full.

If I'm connecting to NZ or OZ, or stopping over in SIN I take 325 due to better connections and also can quickly catch up sleep lost on 325 either at SIN or the onward flight.

If I'm connecting to Asia I take 25 or 325 depending on circumstances (and whether want to spend time in Singapore).

hungrytraveller Dec 8, 2004 11:09 pm

Thank you all for your reply. I have made the change to get on GVA-FRA-SIN and get SQ 325 leaving at 22h20 from FRA.

I was supposed to fly via ZRH but the thing that made me also change my mind beside the schedule is you don't get "Book the Cook" from there. That's one thing I don't understand as they have daily flight ZRH-SIN and in three classes...

Oh one more question and then I let you all go and celebrate Christmas around the world. I have reserved the Four Season in SIN. Is it very good or should I change to the Fullerton or Raffles?? Have been to the Grand Hyatt last summer and I did like it.

Thanks in advance.

demue Dec 9, 2004 2:56 am

Originally Posted by hungrytraveller
Oh one more question and then I let you all go and celebrate Christmas around the world. I have reserved the Four Season in SIN. Is it very good or should I change to the Fullerton or Raffles?? Have been to the Grand Hyatt last summer and I did like it.

Thanks in advance.

If you liked the Grand Hyatt than you will love the FS SIN. ^ I would stick with that one and choose it over Raffles (nice, historic charme) and Fullerton (nice too, but close to Financial District and away from Orchard Rd. if that matters). Service at the FS has always been great and IMHO it beats your other two choices. However, neither Raffles nor the Fullerton is bad though and I would say all offer higher standards than the Grand Hyatt. Enjoy ...