Amenity Kits

Old Dec 6, 04, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE SQ Solitaire BA Gold, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Amenity Kits

I find I get so many of these but hate turning down the offer espcially as the F ones are very nice. I tend to store them away, like a squirrel, and just hate throwing them out. I've given loads away to friends but can't give them another one! At least with the sleep suits I now just leave them on board.
What do other others do with with their kits?
Old Dec 6, 04, 10:53 am

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
More SQ F amenity kits than you know what to do with sure is a nice problem to have! Wish I had it!

Uhmm... don't know, try ebay?
Old Dec 7, 04, 1:05 am

My kits always end up being given away to some other person. Nowadays i don't even bother asking for the male one anymore. I'll just get a female one since they're more popular. I can just imagine my all my female friends having a slumber party dressed in those PJs.....
Old Dec 7, 04, 3:09 am
Original Poster

You're right Shortfinals I'll just have to harden my heart and refuse them.
Old Dec 9, 04, 1:04 am

Programs: UA 1K
My Aunt, Solitaire PPS with 1.25mm lifetime miles, gives the kits to her maid...
Old Dec 9, 04, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by shortfinals
I can just imagine my all my female friends having a slumber party dressed in those PJs.....
Aaah, spoken like a true red-blooded male FT. Sounds kinky.
Old Dec 9, 04, 1:37 pm

Talking

how about offering them to all us poor souls who only dream of getting to sit up front? I would be glad to pay shipping for the experience of getting some of these neat little kits. I only get the little soaps and lotion from all the hotels I stay in. unfortunatly I have to drive to all my business meetings with only the odd flight in coach.
Old Dec 9, 04, 11:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt GP,HHonors,Priority Club,NW Worldperks,SQ,CX
Originally Posted by coopervanning
how about offering them to all us poor souls who only dream of getting to sit up front? I would be glad to pay shipping for the experience of getting some of these neat little kits. I only get the little soaps and lotion from all the hotels I stay in. unfortunatly I have to drive to all my business meetings with only the odd flight in coach.
Yup, you can count me in as a poor soul.
Old Dec 10, 04, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by Pickles
Aaah, spoken like a true red-blooded male FT. Sounds kinky.
It's not. Trust me on this one. You've never seen my female friends.
Old Dec 12, 04, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Moonlight
Yup, you can count me in as a poor soul.
Yeah, me too

...And I was so excited about my trip in Exec Eco (which I also have to pay for as it is a vacation)
Old Dec 13, 04, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Sorry to disappoint you guys but being a lazy sob the bother of wrapping them up then posting them is a hassle. Money doesn't come into it.
Old Dec 13, 04, 11:14 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA Silver, AlaskaAir Gold, HHonors DIA, Accor Silver, Marriott Silver, IHG Plat, TK/UA/AA
Collect a bunch, drop them off at a Womens' shelter. I've done it here in the US, and also in Japan, and it was appreciated.
Here's an odd one, though:
I actually use the eye masks in class (I'm a Junior High School literature teacher) when we read the book "The Cay", about a boy who loses his sight for a year. The students have to wear the mask for the class period, and then journal about their experience. It works really well.
Old Dec 13, 04, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by neilmac
I leave them onboard. The only things I take are the amenity kits on BA, which lots of friends want, and the pyjamas on CX and NH.
Old Dec 13, 04, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by neilmac
I find I get so many of these but hate turning down the offer espcially as the F ones are very nice. I tend to store them away, like a squirrel, and just hate throwing them out. I've given loads away to friends but can't give them another one! At least with the sleep suits I now just leave them on board.
drop them off at your local women's shelter. Or drop them off at your local hospital emergency room...extra clothing for those who come in injured with clothes ruined from fluids or being cut off, is always appreciated.

Just don't accumulate them beyond your needs. There's lots of folks who could use what we take for granted.
Old Dec 13, 04, 9:51 pm
J-H

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AA EXP
Originally Posted by jujube
My Aunt, Solitaire PPS with 1.25mm lifetime miles, gives the kits to her maid...
That is soooo Singapore and KIASU!!! I was just like that when I lived in SIN for a few years! ^

I'm giving out a bunch of my old kits to my brothers and sister in law this Christmas!!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: