Wiki Posts
Search

Any tips on Securing Seats: YVR-CGK

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2004, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Any tips on Securing Seats: YVR-CGK

Hi, we are wondering on how to reserve seats from YVR-CGK via SQ17/SQ152. SQ152 should not be a problem, but SQ17 seems to always be full and overbooked and whenever we shop around for fares on this flight, all the low fare seats have been sold out and only limited seats remain which by the way cost at an unbelievable C$3,500 . The problem is that this flight only operates 3X/week and could be solved if SQ increases it to daily service. Don't know how early should we book this flight and if there are any reputable SQ agents around Vancouver that can help us secure seats at a decent fare.

Also during the transit, since SQ17 arrives SIN at 11:30pm and SQ152 doesn't depart for CGK until the next day at 8:00 am can I check my bags all the way to CGK when I check in at YVR or would I have to retrive & re-check them again at SIN considering that this is an overnight transit.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 4:59 pm

Programs: SQ silver, NH, TG
No problems to check-in luggage all the way to CGK as this is a transit of less than 24 hours. You also should get your boarding pass for the SIN-CGK in YVR.
Enjoy your flight
Sorry I can't help with an agent in YVR. Some good fares are available on SQ's own website.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
This agency I know is one of the largest consolidators for SQ in Canada.

CONTINENTAL TRAVEL AGENCY
100 1037 W Broadway West, Vancouver, BC V6K3A9
(604) 736-2601
(604) 736-3319 (fax)

I can't find a website for them.

Alternatively, you may also try:

http://www.campbelltravel.bc.ca/en/ticket/other.asp

YVR-CGK should not be more than $1800... even in high season. Preferred travel agencies always have special 'connections' to the airline that can prioritise you ahead of even PPS members!

As for check-in lugggage, yes you will most likely be checked through to CGK and SQ may arrange transit hotel accomodation for you at SIN.

Alternatively, you may also travel via SFO / LAX that may allow easier connections to CGK than the YVR flights. It should be around the same fare as ex-YVR except the taxes..

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Nov 21, 2004 at 6:32 pm
Old Nov 22, 2004, 2:05 am

If you don't want to have the overnight connection, Cathay have daily flight that connects (CX889/CX777)

Price would certainly be below 3,500CDN

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.