SQ Chili Sauce

Old Nov 18, 04, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Location: Los Angeles, CA USA UA Premier Plat , 1.24MM, AA EXP
SQ Chili Sauce

One of the favorite small details I like about flying SQ is their special chili sauce that is served on their planes and in their lounges. Is it available somewhere in the U.S. or is there some commecially available fascimile product as an alternative?
Old Nov 18, 04, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
Originally Posted by Jimbo
One of the favorite small details I like about flying SQ is their special chili sauce that is served on their planes and in their lounges. Is it available somewhere in the U.S. or is there some commecially available fascimile product as an alternative?
I think it's Maggi Chilli Sauce. It's the 'sweet' chilli sauce right?

Try your local Chinese grocery store and see if they have Maggi Chilli Sauce.
Old Nov 18, 04, 9:44 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
It's a lot spicier than the Maggie sweet chilli sauce, quite piquant and less gummy. Also a much deeper red. I'll go check out the supermarkets and see if there's something similar.
Old Nov 18, 04, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

Location: Los Angeles, CA USA UA Premier Plat , 1.24MM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by fimo
It's a lot spicier than the Maggie sweet chilli sauce, quite piquant and less gummy. Also a much deeper red. I'll go check out the supermarkets and see if there's something similar.
Thanks fimo, I would really appreciate that. I love spicy foods and sauces and I've never had anything like that SQ chilli sauce.
Old Nov 18, 04, 11:39 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
From the SQ web site:

"To complement your meal, our Kris Chilli sauce which is made from an original Singapore Airlines recipe, is always available. "

Not sure if you can buy something similar in stores (I haven't found it, but also haven't looked too hard), but I wish you could because I also like it. I confess that when I'm at the SQ lounge I sometimes take an extra packet for later.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: