FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   ATWonline: SQ looking to replace A345s with 772LRs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/372211-atwonline-sq-looking-replace-a345s-772lrs.html)

StarG Nov 17, 2004 8:04 pm

I do agree that being in a middle seat is a big minus to the whole Raffles experience. But with the advance seat assignment feature in C, you can make sure not to get the middle seat, right? Unless of course, if the flight is very full at the time of reservation and only middle seats are left.

SQ's B777-200ERs also have no middle seats - configured 2-2-2 in a aircraft width usually used as 2-3-2 by most other airlines (AF, MH, etc.). MOre spacious cabin. ^

ghostboy Nov 17, 2004 10:40 pm

Configuration?

Does anyone know if SQ will configure the 772LR cabins the same as they have the A345's?

StarG Nov 17, 2004 11:06 pm

I don't know, but my guess is:
F: 2 rows max (8 pax) in 1-2-1 config
C: Next generation Raffles seats (55-60 pax)
EY: 2-4-2 in Executive Economy for the rest of the plane

ConcordeBoy Nov 20, 2004 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by ghostboy
Does anyone know if SQ will configure the 772LR cabins the same as they have the A345's?

The buzz from the bees is that they want to use the twinjet's expectant superior performance to add a 1st class to the service.... but no real corroboration there yet.

Swanhunter Nov 22, 2004 7:07 am

Originally Posted by ConcordeBoy
....and too spacious, and too fast, and too dispatch reliable, and too fuel-efficient, and too high of a payload/range profile, and too fast-selling, and too.....

All very valid points.

However from a pax experience point of view, I find the A330/340 family more comfortable and quieter. But then the 747-400 beats them all hands down from a premium cabin perspective.

And I douby my opinion will have any bearing on what SQ do. :D

crazycrab955 Nov 22, 2004 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
However from a pax experience point of view, I find the A330/340 family more comfortable and quieter. But then the 747-400 beats them all hands down from a premium cabin perspective.

And I douby my opinion will have any bearing on what SQ do. :D

I guess it's a matter of personal opinion. I can't stand the Airbus "widebody" cabin. To me, the low ceiling and lack of cabin width combine to make the interior feel extremely claustrophobic. Sitting on long-haul flights in the Airbus A300/310/330/340 cabin has always been a dreadful experience for me, and I now avoid those aircraft at all cost. Give me the true widebody experience in the 777 or 747 and I'm a happy guy.

And you're right...SQ isn't likely to care one iota what either of us prefer! ;)

UA_Flyer Nov 23, 2004 9:29 am

My experience on the A300/310/330/340:

If I am in Y, I do care about the height. I love the high ceilings in 767/777/747. Width-wise, there isn't much the difference.

If I am in F and C, then I hate flying the Airbuses. Width comes to play as well as the height. Even in the 767, I feel there is more space than A330/340, perhaps it is the overall layout and the high ceiling makes the width seems wider. I remember flying first class in A310 on SQ and A300 on MU, I felt so trapped. In the F and C of the A330/A340 in various configurations of KA, MU and CX, the height and width of the aircrafts make me feel the plane is over-crowded.

Perhaps it is just my limited experience; I noticed the A330/A340 encounter more shakes during take-off and landing. The overhead TV monitors and the overhead luggage compartments tend to shake more noticeably than the Boeing aircrafts.