Error Message When Booking

Old Nov 15, 04, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Error Message When Booking

Hello there,
For the past 2 weeks, I've been having problems trying to book a one-way flight online thru SQ website.

When I click on the selected flight I want, a message is displayed:
'Sorry, the system is unavailable to price your itinerary now. Please try again later'

I have been trying for the past 2 weeks. Any suggestion?

P/s Reason I've booked online is because it's much cheaper to pay using the local currency compared to booking it thru my local office.
Old Nov 15, 04, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I've been looking to check on easy round trip fares EWR-SIN and I've been getting the same message for the past month!
Old Nov 15, 04, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
SQ's booking engine has problems when you are trying to book a oneway fare. If it's in coach, maybe book a return?
Old Nov 15, 04, 5:50 pm

Programs: TK E+, BA Gold, Marriott/HH Gold, IC Amb, Hertz PC
I had the same problem...I've been trying to price a one-way EWR-SIN coach fare for months, and was thinking of just getting a return instead. I guess they haven't loaded the fares for that into the booking engine.

It happens for return trips as well, even for very common 4-segment trips. I've noticed this especially on the first few days after new online fares are advertised on the website but you can't get the website to price it for your itinerary, which makes me believe that the fares are not yet loaded into the booking engine, but marketing or whoever has gone ahead and published the fares on the website.
Old Nov 16, 04, 1:10 am
Original Poster

I've tried booking return, but it still wouldn't work. It seems to be the outward flight which is causing the trouble.

I've emailed SIA Internet helpdesk last week, but still haven't received any reply from them.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: