J seat 11 c on 777

Old Nov 15, 04, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
J seat 11 c on 777

I am booked in this seat for SFO-SEL this week and just checked seatexpert.com

They have it marked as both good and bad. It is aisle of bulkhead. Anybody know why it's bad or can you recommend a better seat?
Old Nov 15, 04, 2:48 pm
CGK

Programs: UA MM
I think 11C is a good aisle seat. Perhaps you will get bumped occasionally during meal service, but you have more space in front of you compare to other non-bulkhead seats. The draw back is that you have to store all your carry-on in the overhead bin (well this applies to all Spacebeds, no storage underneath the seat in front of you). I prefer 11K or 11A. I can store my newspapers and magazines between my seat and the window wall; and I can get in and out from my window seat easily.
Old Nov 15, 04, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
Please note also that for some strange reason, your IFE video monitor is higher and further away due to the fact that it's mounted on a wall instead of being mounted in the seat in front of you. But you have no seat in front of you!

It's also 'angled' very slightly. I don't know why... because the window seat's video is not angled. And I've been on the aircraft enough times to wonder the smae thing.
Old Nov 15, 04, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

CGK - can you get out of the window seat while aisle seat mate is sleeping with seat extended?
Old Nov 15, 04, 7:40 pm

Programs: TK E+, BA Gold, Marriott/HH Gold, IC Amb, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
CGK - can you get out of the window seat while aisle seat mate is sleeping with seat extended?
You have to step over your seatmate to get out if the seat is extended. That's 11A below.
http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=72251
Old Nov 15, 04, 8:08 pm
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
In my opinion, for 777-200ER, to get out from 11A is easier while 11C seatmate has the bed fully extended. I can jump over above his feet (lower to the ground). But if I seat in 12A for example, to get out, I have to jump over my seatmate legs (the feet will be under the seat in front), and since I am not that tall, usually it's quite a big jump in order not to wake the seatmate up).
I don't have these problems though in A345. The reason is larger pitch; wider distance between my seat and the seat in front of me, which in turn also make it feels roomier.
Old Nov 16, 04, 6:03 am

Programs: SQ TPP25, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
I have to agree with CGK on this.
First row is where it is easiest for you to step over your seatmate.
Just a little side note that the picture linked by Savage25 is the first generation SpaceBed which has now been updated with a steady, non-movable drink holder.
Old Nov 16, 04, 9:37 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, SPG LTP, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Dia
I always go for 11A or 11K. That gives you the window and the opportunity to get out as often as you want without giving your seat-mate too much grief.

Handy if you decide to partake in consumption of reasonable quantities of beverages, and also if you did so before boarding .
Old Nov 16, 04, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
I always go for 11A or 11K. That gives you the window and the opportunity to get out as often as you want without giving your seat-mate too much grief.
I'm about 6'2" and I've been wondering whether I'd have enough leg room in 11K? Whaddaya think?

Also, how would the leg room be in the front row of Raffles on the 744 upper deck?
Old Nov 17, 04, 1:40 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, SPG LTP, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by danielmhd
I'm about 6'2" and I've been wondering whether I'd have enough leg room in 11K? Whaddaya think?

Also, how would the leg room be in the front row of Raffles on the 744 upper deck?
I'm not as tall as yourself but I 'think' you'd be fine, maybe others can confirm ?.

Last time I sat in front row on upper deck was before the spacebeds were fitted and again it seemed fine. Have you tried for 17A or K exit row ?.
Old Nov 18, 04, 10:20 pm

I just did SIN/CPT round trip. I decided to do the middle seats since I hate being stepped over (or having to do so). Almost all of that trip is also at night so the view was not terribly important to me. Turns out I was on the first non-stop from SIN to CPT (normally stops in Johannesburg) and there were plenty of empty seats. I moved to a window both directions without anyone beside me. Did the same trip a few weeks ago (via JNB) and it was full both ways. For me it is not worth it to take the risk of the 'step over' problem. It does appear to me that the row 11 center seats would not be a good choice. Not even the minimal seat in front of you storeage that the non-bulkhead has.
Old Nov 20, 04, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Greetings from Sg lound at ICN after 11c SFO-ICN. I would take 11A next time if i had a choice. 11k has a magazine holder in front that hit my feet (i'm 6') and the guy next to me did not have this. he was also able to get over me when i was sleeping. also in 11c crew keep coming through curatin and brushing against you.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: