E fare class - changes allowed?

Old Nov 14, 04, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Prem, BA gold, Starwood gold,
E fare class - changes allowed?

I was curious if E Fares were changeable. These are fares that are available online and allow mileage accrual. The fare notes say that the fares are refundable (except for a $75 fee). Don't say anything about date changes.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with changing tickets booked online.
Old Nov 15, 04, 12:16 am

Programs: SIA PPS, OZ Asiana Club, CX MPC, IHG Royal Amb, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Silver
Unless stated in the website or ticket, E class tickets allow you to change dates via the reservation desk. I have done that before and no extra charges incurred.
Old Nov 15, 04, 12:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K .97MM, IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hclee01
Unless stated in the website or ticket, E class tickets allow you to change dates via the reservation desk. I have done that before and no extra charges incurred.
I can also vouch for this exactly as stated. I made date changes over the phone - no charge. ^
Old Nov 15, 04, 3:05 am

Programs: SQ TPP25, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Same here. Had 'E' class ticket purchased from PPS Service Center in Paragon, was able to change in JKT without any charge.
Old Nov 15, 04, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Prem, BA gold, Starwood gold,
great - thank you. I thought that might be the case given the fare rules did not say anything specific about changes, but it is good to hear it from someone else.

Thanks a lot.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: