Wiki Posts
Search

SIN BOM Question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2004, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE
SIN BOM Question

Planning to fly Raffles next year SYD SIN BOM. Are there spacebeds SIN BOM?. Which is the better flight to take - late evening or morning?

Thanks
Old Nov 13, 2004, 4:40 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MrSydney
Planning to fly Raffles next year SYD SIN BOM. Are there spacebeds SIN BOM?. Which is the better flight to take - late evening or morning?

Thanks
No SpaceBeds on SIN-BOM.

The evening flight is a 777-300 and is usually full in J but has a full dinner service, while the morning flight on the 3-class 777-200 is usually emptier, so you'll have the 2 smaller J cabins and likely a seat empty next to you and a more relaxed crew, although it is only a breakfast service. You will also get out of immigration in BOM faster with the morning flight since there aren't many flights arriving at that time.

YMMV depending on the day of travel and what you consider a "better flight"
Old Aug 11, 2005, 6:25 pm

Still No Spacebeds???

This thread is from 9 months ago. Is it overly optimistic to think spacebeds may have been introduced in the last 9 months? Any other updates or tips on SIN-BOM for an SQ newbie? Thanks in advance ....
Old Aug 11, 2005, 11:50 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jupitermars
This thread is from 9 months ago. Is it overly optimistic to think spacebeds may have been introduced in the last 9 months? Any other updates or tips on SIN-BOM for an SQ newbie? Thanks in advance ....
Still no Spacebeds, but both daily flights will be 777-300s starting later this year.
Old Aug 12, 2005, 1:07 am

Thanks Savage25. I didn't really expect it. The competition on that route seems to be AI so I suspect adding the good seats wouldn't make any difference to most travellers' choice of airline ....
Old Aug 12, 2005, 6:51 am

Thanks Savage25. I didn't really expect it. The competition on that route seems to be AI so I suspect adding the good seats wouldn't make any difference to most travellers' choice of airline ....
Actually, the only nonstop competition on that route is Jet Airways with a 738 and this seat in business, although there was talk of AI starting a nonstop using the ex-UA 777s with the UA seats.
Old Aug 13, 2005, 12:48 am

Programs: QF-LTS & P, SQ-TPPS, IC-RA, HH-D, *wood G, Others
I flew SIN-BOM retuen last month, and no spacebeds. I find the 8.30am flight SIN-BOM, and the 12.30am return BOM-SIN suit me the best.

Considering Delhi for the extra sectors (and I have clients there as well as BOM) and an internal to BOM next time.
Old Aug 13, 2005, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Personally if you have trouble getting any sleep onboard, then I would highly recommend avoiding the red-eye flights and hop on a morning & afternoon departure instead.
Old Aug 14, 2005, 5:22 am

Personally, I prefer the 20:30 flight to BOM, and the 00:30 return flight.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 9:04 am

You guys are a wealth of information. Turns out i'm on F SIN-BOM for the evening flight due to lack of C space (I'm nearly inconsolable) but the good news is that I don't need the redeye on the return--so the spacebeds are only academic.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 9:07 am

You guys are a wealth of information. Turns out i'm on F SIN-BOM for the evening flight due to lack of C space (I'm nearly inconsolable) but the good news is that I don't need the redeye on the return--so the spacebeds are only academic.

When are you flying? I shall be on the flight tomorrow evening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.