Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SIA, SilkAir raise fuel surcharges by up to 83%

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2004, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold

Source: CNA

SINGAPORE : Singapore Airlines and its regional arm, SilkAir, say they will be raising their fuel surcharges because of continued high oil prices.

The new surcharges will apply to tickets issued from November 15 onwards.

For flights between Singapore and Southeast Asian destinations, the surcharge will rise 42 percent to US$10 from US$7 previously.

But all other flights will have even steeper increases - up 83 percent to US$22, from US$12 previously.

This is the second time this year that the SIA group is increasing its ticket prices to compensate for higher fuel charges.

Fuel accounts for about a quarter of SIA's total costs. - CNA
Old Nov 8, 2004, 7:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Are other airlines following suit? While it might not be much, but the cumulative surcharges do become a substantial chunk to the final cost of air travel.
Old Nov 8, 2004, 11:39 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Unfortunately a fact of life lately - many other airlines have recently increased their fuel surcharge.

However I do think it is getting a bit ridiculous when fuel surcharges are starting to rival real taxes on a trip, and for complicated itins now need to add so much to the base rate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.