NRT-SIN in F

Old Nov 6, 04, 2:58 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Location: Grand Rapids, MI USA UA 1K, AA EXP 1MM, SQ PPS, BA GOLD, Hyatt D, Hertz Plat and AMEX Cent
NRT-SIN in F

I am stunned to realize that I am taking my first SQ flight from NRT to SIN week after next.

I say stunned since I fly to and from NRT every month and SIN usually 2-3 times per month. Moreover, I have taken SIN-NRT many times -

Anyway, is there anything unique I should now about departing NRT on SQ?
Old Nov 6, 04, 7:14 pm
Moderator, CoronaVirus and Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Apart from the obvious of trying to be on the 747 (SQ997 and SQ11) instead of the 777 (SQ995 and SQ5901 - NH codeshare)?
Old Nov 6, 04, 7:32 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Location: Grand Rapids, MI USA UA 1K, AA EXP 1MM, SQ PPS, BA GOLD, Hyatt D, Hertz Plat and AMEX Cent
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Apart from the obvious of trying to be on the 747 (SQ997 and SQ11) instead of the 777 (SQ995 and SQ5901 - NH codeshare)?
Clearly! I am on 997
Old Nov 6, 04, 7:44 pm

If you can't find the check-in desk, chances are you are in the wrong terminal. It does happen. SQ and NH, which I persume you have flown on this route previously, depart from different terminals.
Old Nov 7, 04, 12:08 am

I'm on that flight too (997) week after next. Such a pity you can't get the Kaiseki meal ex-NRT !
Old Nov 7, 04, 12:35 am

I notice that SQ996 departs SIN at 2230 compared to SQ998's 2340. Is there any reason why they have 2 aircraft departing practically at the same time?

Unless there is a huge demand for 998 which has resulted in the spillovers into 996.

ANyhow, 998 has spacebeds and skysuites, 996 has Regional F and J. Figure which one you would rather take if you were premium pax!

IMHO, SQ should redefine "Regional" sectors to those under 5 hours. QF is going to start sending skybeds from PER to SIN on all its flights will SQ will still only have Regional J on that sector.

SQ's Regional J product is approaching 8 years old. I guess it's time they re launch it to beat the competition!
Old Nov 7, 04, 2:56 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fliar
I'm on that flight too (997) week after next. Such a pity you can't get the Kaiseki meal ex-NRT !
From SIN you do not need to request it - they load them automatically - I am rather assuming they do the same ex NRT meaning that BTC does not apply

What day are you on the flight? I am on 16 Nov. 1B of course!
Old Nov 7, 04, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by B Watson
From SIN you do not need to request it - they load them automatically - I am rather assuming they do the same ex NRT meaning that BTC does not apply
Are you saying that Kaiseki is one of the (standard, i.e. non-BTC) meal options SIN-NRT? If that's the case from NRT too that would be great.

Ah so you're the bast*rd who snatched my coveted 1B!

Just kidding - I'm flying the same day but (SYD-)SIN-NRT, back a few days later (1B - of course!)
Old Nov 7, 04, 9:06 am
CGK

Programs: UA MM
I have taken SQ 997 and SQ 11 NRT-SIN this summer, also SQ 12 NRT-LAX. Kaiseki is always on the menu printed in the next page after the regular menu choices.
Old Nov 7, 04, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by CGK
I have taken SQ 997 and SQ 11 NRT-SIN this summer, also SQ 12 NRT-LAX. Kaiseki is always on the menu printed in the next page after the regular menu choices.
Cool ^
Old Nov 7, 04, 2:15 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fliar

Just kidding - I'm flying the same day but (SYD-)SIN-NRT, back a few days later (1B - of course!)
Typical FT!!

I am flying NRT-SIN-SYD!

SQ997 connection with SQ221
Old Nov 7, 04, 11:25 pm

deleted

Last edited by Chiangi; Nov 8, 04 at 7:16 am
Old Nov 11, 04, 8:13 am

Programs: *G SPG Platinum

B Watson, what a small world.... 2 of my Norwegian friends are in 2A and 3A on your flight....

Would be fun if you said something like "Do you know one crazy guy "Mads" from Norway"??

Cheers,
Mads

Search this Thread
Search Engine: