FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   SQ Girls Hotel sighting (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/368365-sq-girls-hotel-sighting.html)

ws8n Nov 2, 2004 8:08 am

SQ Girls Hotel sighting

Ok, I couldn't find a thread on this, so I thought I start one. I was at Sheraton NY Hotel and Towers last night, and guess what....SQ Girls... :D

Didn't check if they are the JFK or EWR flight crew, but they certainly did cause a few head turnings in the lobby.

Savage25 Nov 2, 2004 8:59 am

Originally Posted by ws8n
Ok, I couldn't find a thread on this, so I thought I start one. I was at Sheraton NY Hotel and Towers last night, and guess what....SQ Girls... :D

Didn't check if they are the JFK or EWR flight crew, but they certainly did cause a few head turnings in the lobby.

I can tell you that EWR crew stay there for sure...JFK crew used to stay at the Radisson Lexington Ave, but I don't know whether they changed.

Are we going to start a thread of crew hotels to make things easier for the stalkers? :D

MAN Flyer Nov 2, 2004 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Savage25
Are we going to start a thread of crew hotels to make things easier for the stalkers? :D

:D .

As Savage25 says, it the EWR lot in there. I stayed there for the night after getting off SIN-EWR a few weeks ago, purely by chance :) . I am surprised they have seperate crew Hotels for SIN-EWR and FRA-JFK.

The only other place I've seen them is the Seoul Hilton, where they are coming and going all the time.

Savage25 Nov 2, 2004 9:44 am

If you want to see them at MAN, I have a phone number (+44 1618352555). Go find out what hotel it is :D

MAN Flyer Nov 2, 2004 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Savage25
If you want to see them at MAN, I have a phone number (+44 1618352555). Go find out what hotel it is :D

:D ^ .

While I don't mind seeing them trotting up and down the cabin, I draw the line at hanging around outside their hotels :D . I didn't realise they stayed there to be honest.

You seem very well 'connected' with them ;) :cool:

billiam Nov 2, 2004 12:08 pm

For AMS, a good number of SQ crew stayed at the Marriott near the museum area when I was in the same hotel.

djjaguar64 Nov 2, 2004 12:29 pm

Whats the big deal, after all they are just people like me and you, they probably are glad to get away from all the demanding and annoying passengers from their long flights. And you if really feel that it is important just put on a sarong kebaya and try to fit in with them while they are in their respective hotels. :cool:

flamboyant 1 Nov 2, 2004 2:07 pm

In HKG they stay at the Kowloon Hotel, which is right behind the Peninsula and has a totally blocked view by its famous partner hotel.

Kowloon Hotel is also managed by PEN group.

ByrdluvsAWACO Nov 2, 2004 2:08 pm

.. or are your stalking?

I don't get it. Are SQ girls "Party girls" or something? I remeber a thread in the VS group that said their FA's can party.

DoctorWu Nov 2, 2004 2:12 pm

London bound?

Anyway for what it's worth, the Copthorne Tara appears to be the hotel of choice for SQ girls in London. Not the best of hotels, but the occupants make up for it... ;)

cheapie Nov 2, 2004 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
I don't get it. Are SQ girls "Party girls" or something? I remeber a thread in the VS group that said their FA's can party.

i'm even dumber. what are sq girls?

djjaguar64 Nov 2, 2004 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by cheapie
i'm even dumber. what are sq girls?

Ok Cheapie ask yourself one question, "In what forum am I?". ;)

Alinlondon Nov 2, 2004 3:42 pm

They stay at the Biltmore in Los Angeles.

Peregrine415 Nov 2, 2004 4:00 pm

First Hotel - Copenhagen. Quite a number of heads turn and traffic literally stops when the Singapore girls walk to the airport bus. Even their winter coats are fashionably designed.

Savage25 Nov 2, 2004 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Whats the big deal, after all they are just people like me and you, they probably are glad to get away from all the demanding and annoying passengers from their long flights.

Truer words were never spoken. ^

Then again, it also makes for a good reason to party :D

The only time I've stayed in the same hotel as them was in the Hyatt Regency in BOM. I was checking out at the same time as the crew was leaving and I said hi to one of the LSS - who ended up working my aisle on the flight to SIN. Lets just say my wine glass was filled everytime I put it down - in Y!

nyuboy Nov 2, 2004 7:58 pm

I work for Sheraton, and yes, the SQ Girls from both the JFK and EWR flights stay at the Sheraton NY. They are very gracious and pleasant to serve, impressive since they're out of uniform and not working while at the hotel. The captains and pilots, however, are nightmares to deal with... very rude and obnoxious. But that's the service industry! Emirates and Aer Lingus also stay with us. Emirates is the best crew to deal with, and really good looking!

electra Nov 2, 2004 9:46 pm

Hello Stalkers...

Jesus you guys. Back in my FA days it used to freak the heck out of me when pax started trying to figure out where we were staying.

I know your just shooting the breeze but we had several incidents of FA's being assaulted, raped and (once) even killed on layovers. For the SQ girls sake lets lock this one up

Flyguy1971 Nov 2, 2004 10:01 pm

Grand Hyatt Melbourne

The SQ cabin crew stay at the Grand Hyatt Melbourne. How do I know?

I was rushing for a news assignment when I saw the crew disembarking from their bus. And as I am a regular SQ passenger, I looked into the crowd to see if I would recognised the girls or guys. Lo and behold. Could my eyes be playing tricks on me? Is this right? I thought I saw someone I knew from elementary school - more than 20 years ago! I called out her name, she, a leading stewardess, turned and screamed my name and gave me a hug! As I was running late, we swapped handphone numbers and promised to catch up after she got some rest.

We met for drinks the next evening. And she confessed she was embarrassed by her overexuberance and thought it was inappropriate as she "was in uniform". (SQ is strict abt crew conduct in public). She also said her flight was being audited and for her to be hugging me may be deemed "inappropriate conduct". Paranoid girl. I assured her that if the auditor knew that we've not met for 20 years, he'd be as happy for her.

That's how I know... ;)

B Watson Nov 2, 2004 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by electra
Jesus you guys. Back in my FA days it used to freak the heck out of me when pax started trying to figure out where we were staying.

I know your just shooting the breeze but we had several incidents of FA's being assaulted, raped and (once) even killed on layovers. For the SQ girls sake lets lock this one up

SQ promotes the SQ girl as a core marketing concept - lets just try and not transfer the American PC paranoia to this international thread

LH738 Nov 3, 2004 12:35 am

Frankfurt Marriott

TEX277 Nov 3, 2004 1:59 am

Originally Posted by B Watson
SQ promotes the SQ girl as a core marketing concept - lets just try and not transfer the American PC paranoia to this international thread

Mr 'moderator' sir, firstly, I can't believe that this comment comes from a 'moderator'!!!

electra was not talking about FAs being paranoid. She stated that "we had several incidents of FA's being assaulted, raped and (once) even killed on layovers". To me that sounds like a statement of fact and, unfortunately in the world that we all live in (yes even you Mr 'moderator' sir), I do not find that so unbelievable. Now I must admit that we must assume that this was directly related to their job rather than unfortunate random incidents. However, I am sure we can empathise with the concerns raised.

Yes they do promote the SQ girl as a marketing concept but when they are off duty and staying over? Does this then make it ok to post their home addresses???

I fully understand the interest in this thread and this information in the hands of us good people is no issue whatsoever!

But to conclude that there are no nutters out there with the ability to find flyertalk.com, find the search (now that would be the impressive part as regulars frequently struggle;) )and type 'sq girl hotel frankfurt' is delusional on your part rather than unwarrantedly paranoid on behalf of electra.

TEX277 Nov 3, 2004 2:21 am

Moved From Moderation Thread

Ok at the risk of being banished/censored, since I suppose that this is techincally OT as I do not have an issue with your moderating.

However, I did find your comment #19 in SQ Girls Hotel Sightings http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...5&page=2&pp=15 blissfully ignorant of the concerns that a former FA has for the safety of the SQ Girls and for showing no ability to see them as human beings opposed to just "as a core marketing concept".

A comment that I found too inhumane to tolerate from the average poster and would have expected better from a moderator!

Guy Betsy Nov 3, 2004 2:31 am

It's just that the SQ uniform is so striking that wherever they go, they stand out amongst the others. I mean at the NY Sheraton, there are many cabin crew that stay there too. But one wouldn't be bothered to report the other airlines... certainly not say, American Airlines?

If you put an SQ girl amongst the other cabin crew, you'd find the other airlines' cabin crew stealing glances at the Sarong Kebaya. They know of the Singapore Girls. They know of Singapore Airlines' reputation.

Which is why after many years, whilst SQ may have undergone corporate identity makeovers, and many uniforms have been changed for ground staff and male F/As, the Pierre Balmain designed Sarong Kebaya will be forever a corporate trademark for Singapore Airlines.

Guy Betsy Nov 3, 2004 2:33 am

Originally Posted by adamwebster
Ok at the risk of being banished/censored, since I suppose that this is techincally OT as I do not have an issue with your moderating.

However, I did find your comment #19 in SQ Girls Hotel Sightings http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...5&page=2&pp=15 blissfully ignorant of the concerns that a former FA has for the safety of the SQ Girls and for showing no ability to see them as human beings opposed to just "as a core marketing concept".

A comment that I found too inhumane to tolerate from the average poster and would have expected better from a moderator!

I think you're overreacting.

MAN Flyer Nov 3, 2004 3:18 am

Mr 'moderator' sir, firstly, I can't believe that this comment comes from a 'moderator'!!!

Yes they do promote the SQ girl as a marketing concept but when they are off duty and staying over? Does this then make it ok to post their home addresses???

I fully understand the interest in this thread and this information in the hands of us good people is no issue whatsoever!

But to conclude that there are no nutters out there with the ability to find flyertalk.com, find the search (now that would be the impressive part as regulars frequently struggle;) )and type 'sq girl hotel frankfurt' is delusional on your part rather than unwarrantedly paranoid on behalf of electra.

How hard do you seriously think it is for someone to find out where crew stay on a stopover ?? :confused:

Time some people lightened up methinks.

BEYFlyer Nov 3, 2004 3:32 am

Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
How hard do you seriously think it is for someone to find out where crew stay on a stopover ?? :confused:

Time some people lightened up methinks.

Me thinks you are right, matey... :D Someone bent on creating problems for any FAs is not going to refer to Flyertalk for details.

Savage25 Nov 3, 2004 3:43 am

Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
How hard do you seriously think it is for someone to find out where crew stay on a stopover ??

It is not difficult at all. You just have to hang around and wait for them to board the coach/van provided by the hotels to see where they are staying. Any semi-capable stalker would know to do that anyway.

Which is why most (if not all) of the hotels that SQ contracts with usually take extra precautions to protect crew. They usually have separate crew floors (sometimes with crew lounges for drinks) with extra security, asking for crew by name will not get you their room numbers (because pax on their flights could easily turn up at the hotels and remember their names).

MAN Flyer Nov 3, 2004 3:47 am

Originally Posted by BEYFlyer
Me thinks you are right, matey... :D Someone bent on creating problems for any FAs is not going to refer to Flyertalk for details.

EXACTLY ^ .

TEX277 Nov 3, 2004 4:17 am

Originally Posted by BEYFlyer

Well why not? Don't we all come here to gain useful information on airline travel?? I thought that was the whole purpose. :confused:

Yes, I understand that some of you will feel that I am over-reacting but I have had first hand experience of a stalker (no I was not the stalked) with whom I moved in the same circles. He was caught and locked up. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/597431.stm I know for a fact that there are strange people out there who are extremely resourceful. To me flyertalk would be the obvious choice of gaining information.

What disappoints me most though is that despite electra's post you fail to realise that things can and do happen :(

I know that posts on this thread are posted without malice by good people. I am just concerned because that information could be used for other purposes and appalled by the 'moderator's' view that just because SQ market the SQ Girl that that authorises the tracking of off-duty employees whilst demonstrating no regard whatsoever for the dangers justly highlighted by electra.

TEX277 Nov 3, 2004 4:34 am

Swanhunter Nov 3, 2004 4:47 am

Sheraton Dubai Creek - though I normally only see freight flight deck crew there.

StarG Nov 3, 2004 5:19 am

Slightly OT, but I was reminded of an incident some eight years ago where an SQ girl was raped and murdered in her hotel room in Los Angeles :(. The bad guy was her colleague (male FA).

demue Nov 3, 2004 5:46 am

Well why not? Don't we all come here to gain useful information on airline travel?? I thought that was the whole purpose. :confused:

Yes, I understand that some of you will feel that I am over-reacting but I have had first hand experience of a stalker (no I was not the stalked) with whom I moved in the same circles. He was caught and locked up. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/597431.stm I know for a fact that there are strange people out there who are extremely resourceful. To me flyertalk would be the obvious choice of gaining information.

What disappoints me most though is that despite electra's post you fail to realise that things can and do happen :(

I know that posts on this thread are posted without malice by good people. I am just concerned because that information could be used for other purposes and appalled by the 'moderator's' view that just because SQ market the SQ Girl that that authorises the tracking of off-duty employees whilst demonstrating no regard whatsoever for the dangers justly highlighted by electra.

Hi there, first of all let me say that I can understand your concerns and that it is very honorable of you trying to avoid the spread of such information. ^ However, please be also aware of the fact that anyone who really is up to something in that regard will be able to find that information without too many headaches. If you are traveling a lot on international routes and spent a fair amount of your time in big chain hotels in popular destinations then you are bound to see crews/FA's rather sooner than later. The fact that the SQ girls stand out a lot more than the other crews really can be attributed to their Sarong Kebaya's and their (normally) quite pleasant looks. :D

Be ensured that the SQ girls are absolutely aware of the fact that they are the center of attention in many places and that they take their own precautions. (I've got an inside source so to speak ;) ) Ever wonder why most often you only meet them in groups (apart from the fact that they are women and asian :D ) be it for sight seeing, shopping or even when they are out partying. If some nut cases are running around out there and are up to no good then we will not stop them by deleting this thread. In that regard I have to side whith BEYFlyer ;) and MANFlyer that they already know where to go and don't need our forum as a starting point.

MAN Flyer Nov 3, 2004 6:01 am

While I don't doubt these bad things have happenned (and if you have experience of this I am very sorry to hear that), I think it unlikely SQ are changing crew Hotels as we speak. As Savage25 says, there are certain measures in place already.

Bad things do - tragically - also happen to Postmen, Accountants, Dancers, Sportsmen (and Women before anyone jumps in ;) ) and all types of people. What are we supposed to do, stop talking about any of them ?.

The fact is, if ANYONE really wants to find out crew Hotels it's very simple, and they don't need a thread on FT to tell them.

BEYFlyer Nov 3, 2004 6:19 am

I understand where you are coming from and I do not mean to make light of such a serious issue, and I apologize if that is how my posting was viewed. I don't think anyone is taking electra's post lightly. Indeed stuff can and does happen and I am sorry you experienced something like that. Again, sick minds will find a way to create these situations regardless.

In this day and age of technology and information overload, it is very difficult not to find the information you need, when you need it. Look at this entire forum. People who hardly know each other (well, okay... I am sure some people know each other :) ) are sharing flight details, seat numbers, hotel room numbers, full travel details, etc... Where do we draw the line?

cheapie Nov 3, 2004 6:53 am

Ok Cheapie ask yourself one question, "In what forum am I?". ;)

haha...i did that right after i posted.

djjaguar64 Nov 3, 2004 7:44 am

Now look what you all did, from SQ girl to extreme US Terror Alert, now what should we classify the code as, High Elevated Mildly Laxative...... :p

demue Nov 3, 2004 8:08 am

Now look what you all did, from SQ girl to extreme US Terror Alert, now what should we classify the code as, High Elevated Mildly Laxative...... :p

^ :) :cool: :D Still laughing.

B Watson Nov 3, 2004 1:33 pm

A comment that I found too inhumane to tolerate…

…is delusional on your part…

I find that people take comments more seriously when they lack such melodramatic components.

B Watson Nov 3, 2004 2:00 pm

****WARNING*****
****WARNING*****
****WARNING*****

I AM NOW SPEAKING AS THE MODERATOR

I am going to close this thread since it obviously has run its course and can add no value at this point. However, I will make three comments:

1) It is important to remember that moderators will post as themselves and that we he have full flexibility to act as any other user. Randy has affirmed this MANY times and without this policy FT would have no volunteer moderators

2) Establish has no place on this board and I must insist that everyone remain civil

3) Since I am closing the thread now, I will be happy to insert a last word from adamwebster if you would like to PM me with your post.

B Watson