Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ Girls Hotel sighting

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2004, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sheraton Dubai Creek - though I normally only see freight flight deck crew there.
Old Nov 3, 2004, 5:19 am

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Slightly OT, but I was reminded of an incident some eight years ago where an SQ girl was raped and murdered in her hotel room in Los Angeles . The bad guy was her colleague (male FA).

Last edited by StarG; Nov 3, 2004 at 7:31 am
Old Nov 3, 2004, 5:46 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by adamwebster
Well why not? Don't we all come here to gain useful information on airline travel?? I thought that was the whole purpose.

Yes, I understand that some of you will feel that I am over-reacting but I have had first hand experience of a stalker (no I was not the stalked) with whom I moved in the same circles. He was caught and locked up. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/597431.stm I know for a fact that there are strange people out there who are extremely resourceful. To me flyertalk would be the obvious choice of gaining information.

What disappoints me most though is that despite electra's post you fail to realise that things can and do happen

I know that posts on this thread are posted without malice by good people. I am just concerned because that information could be used for other purposes and appalled by the 'moderator's' view that just because SQ market the SQ Girl that that authorises the tracking of off-duty employees whilst demonstrating no regard whatsoever for the dangers justly highlighted by electra.
Hi there, first of all let me say that I can understand your concerns and that it is very honorable of you trying to avoid the spread of such information. ^ However, please be also aware of the fact that anyone who really is up to something in that regard will be able to find that information without too many headaches. If you are traveling a lot on international routes and spent a fair amount of your time in big chain hotels in popular destinations then you are bound to see crews/FA's rather sooner than later. The fact that the SQ girls stand out a lot more than the other crews really can be attributed to their Sarong Kebaya's and their (normally) quite pleasant looks.

Be ensured that the SQ girls are absolutely aware of the fact that they are the center of attention in many places and that they take their own precautions. (I've got an inside source so to speak ) Ever wonder why most often you only meet them in groups (apart from the fact that they are women and asian ) be it for sight seeing, shopping or even when they are out partying. If some nut cases are running around out there and are up to no good then we will not stop them by deleting this thread. In that regard I have to side whith BEYFlyer and MANFlyer that they already know where to go and don't need our forum as a starting point.

Last edited by demue; Nov 3, 2004 at 6:11 am
Old Nov 3, 2004, 6:01 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
What disappoints me most though is that despite electra's post you fail to realise that things can and do happen
While I don't doubt these bad things have happenned (and if you have experience of this I am very sorry to hear that), I think it unlikely SQ are changing crew Hotels as we speak. As Savage25 says, there are certain measures in place already.

Bad things do - tragically - also happen to Postmen, Accountants, Dancers, Sportsmen (and Women before anyone jumps in ) and all types of people. What are we supposed to do, stop talking about any of them ?.

The fact is, if ANYONE really wants to find out crew Hotels it's very simple, and they don't need a thread on FT to tell them.

Last edited by MAN Flyer; Nov 3, 2004 at 7:11 am
Old Nov 3, 2004, 6:19 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
Well why not? Don't we all come here to gain useful information on airline travel?? I thought that was the whole purpose.

Yes, I understand that some of you will feel that I am over-reacting but I have had first hand experience of a stalker (no I was not the stalked) with whom I moved in the same circles. He was caught and locked up. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/597431.stm I know for a fact that there are strange people out there who are extremely resourceful. To me flyertalk would be the obvious choice of gaining information.

I know that posts on this thread are posted without malice by good people. I am just concerned because that information could be used for other purposes and appalled by the 'moderator's' view that just because SQ market the SQ Girl that that authorises the tracking of off-duty employees whilst demonstrating no regard whatsoever for the dangers justly highlighted by electra.
I understand where you are coming from and I do not mean to make light of such a serious issue, and I apologize if that is how my posting was viewed. I don't think anyone is taking electra's post lightly. Indeed stuff can and does happen and I am sorry you experienced something like that. Again, sick minds will find a way to create these situations regardless.

In this day and age of technology and information overload, it is very difficult not to find the information you need, when you need it. Look at this entire forum. People who hardly know each other (well, okay... I am sure some people know each other ) are sharing flight details, seat numbers, hotel room numbers, full travel details, etc... Where do we draw the line?
Old Nov 3, 2004, 6:53 am

Programs: NWA - Plat...Hilton - Diamond
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Ok Cheapie ask yourself one question, "In what forum am I?".

haha...i did that right after i posted.
Old Nov 3, 2004, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Talking

Now look what you all did, from SQ girl to extreme US Terror Alert, now what should we classify the code as, High Elevated Mildly Laxative......

Last edited by djjaguar64; Nov 3, 2004 at 7:46 am
Old Nov 3, 2004, 8:08 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Now look what you all did, from SQ girl to extreme US Terror Alert, now what should we classify the code as, High Elevated Mildly Laxative......
^ Still laughing.
Old Nov 3, 2004, 1:33 pm
In Memoriam

Location: Grand Rapids, MI USA UA 1K, AA EXP 1MM, SQ PPS, BA GOLD, Hyatt D, Hertz Plat and AMEX Cent
A comment that I found too inhumane to tolerate…

…is delusional on your part…

I find that people take comments more seriously when they lack such melodramatic components.

Last edited by B Watson; Nov 3, 2004 at 2:03 pm Reason: edited to repair grammer
Old Nov 3, 2004, 2:00 pm
In Memoriam

Location: Grand Rapids, MI USA UA 1K, AA EXP 1MM, SQ PPS, BA GOLD, Hyatt D, Hertz Plat and AMEX Cent
****WARNING*****
****WARNING*****
****WARNING*****

I AM NOW SPEAKING AS THE MODERATOR

I am going to close this thread since it obviously has run its course and can add no value at this point. However, I will make three comments:

1) It is important to remember that moderators will post as themselves and that we he have full flexibility to act as any other user. Randy has affirmed this MANY times and without this policy FT would have no volunteer moderators

2) Establish has no place on this board and I must insist that everyone remain civil

3) Since I am closing the thread now, I will be happy to insert a last word from adamwebster if you would like to PM me with your post.

B Watson
Old Nov 3, 2004, 5:17 pm
In Memoriam

I am posting the PM sent to me by adamwebster as per my previous comment

Hi,

Perhaps I did overreact in my posts on the SQ Girls Hotel Sighting thread. However, I believe that civility was maintained by both sides throughout the discussion and sincerely hope that I did not cause offense to anybody.

In fact I quickly deleted a post of mine that originally served little purpose other than to antagonise another. I apologise if anybody was able to read that before clear thinking returned to my head.

I concede that the 'too inhumane' comment was melodramatic but after once again reading the 'delusional' reference I feel both confident and comfortable in standing by each and every word.

I do regret B Watson's decision but respect and understand the need to close this thread. Please rest assured that it was never my intention to force this closure. I have yet to come across a bad member of our community and hope that no contributor personally thought that I was calling into question their integrity or good nature.

The crux of my posts were my disappointment at B Watson's apparent disregard for the legitimate concerns of a previous poster for the safety of the SQ Girls. For this I can not apologise.

To be honest, I did not feel the need to have the last word in this discussion but thank B Watson nonetheless for affording me this opportunity.

Many thanks,

adamwebster
Old Nov 3, 2004, 5:21 pm
In Memoriam

A quick clarification as to why I invited adamwebster to have the last word on this thread - although technically I guess I am usurping that with this post

I feel that in my need to balance being a user and moderator, if I make a comment in response to something a users posts and I do so as another user and then I proceed to immediately close the thread since circumstances require closing, I have deprived that user from responding to my post. Therefore, as a personal policy when circumstances like this occur I will invite the user to PM me a message which I will post verbatim (assuming it is professional and civil like the one above from adamwebster
Old Nov 3, 2004, 5:25 pm
In Memoriam

In fact I quickly deleted a post of mine that originally served little purpose other than to antagonise another. I apologise if anybody was able to read that before clear thinking returned to my head.
We ALL say things we later regret and it is essential that we all demonstrate the self moderation shown by adamwebster when we realize that a post should be adjusted. I have personally many times done the same and as a moderator it is very VERY encouraging to see people able to edit their own posts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.