SQ Girls Hotel sighting

Old Nov 2, 04, 8:58 pm

I work for Sheraton, and yes, the SQ Girls from both the JFK and EWR flights stay at the Sheraton NY. They are very gracious and pleasant to serve, impressive since they're out of uniform and not working while at the hotel. The captains and pilots, however, are nightmares to deal with... very rude and obnoxious. But that's the service industry! Emirates and Aer Lingus also stay with us. Emirates is the best crew to deal with, and really good looking!

Last edited by nyuboy; Nov 3, 04 at 12:07 am
Old Nov 2, 04, 10:46 pm

Hello Stalkers...

Jesus you guys. Back in my FA days it used to freak the heck out of me when pax started trying to figure out where we were staying.

I know your just shooting the breeze but we had several incidents of FA's being assaulted, raped and (once) even killed on layovers. For the SQ girls sake lets lock this one up
Old Nov 2, 04, 11:01 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, BA Gold Executive, United 1K, HHonors VIP Gold, Hyatt Diamond Passport
Grand Hyatt Melbourne

The SQ cabin crew stay at the Grand Hyatt Melbourne. How do I know?

I was rushing for a news assignment when I saw the crew disembarking from their bus. And as I am a regular SQ passenger, I looked into the crowd to see if I would recognised the girls or guys. Lo and behold. Could my eyes be playing tricks on me? Is this right? I thought I saw someone I knew from elementary school - more than 20 years ago! I called out her name, she, a leading stewardess, turned and screamed my name and gave me a hug! As I was running late, we swapped handphone numbers and promised to catch up after she got some rest.

We met for drinks the next evening. And she confessed she was embarrassed by her overexuberance and thought it was inappropriate as she "was in uniform". (SQ is strict abt crew conduct in public). She also said her flight was being audited and for her to be hugging me may be deemed "inappropriate conduct". Paranoid girl. I assured her that if the auditor knew that we've not met for 20 years, he'd be as happy for her.

That's how I know...
Old Nov 3, 04, 12:38 am
In Memoriam

Location: Grand Rapids, MI USA UA 1K, AA EXP 1MM, SQ PPS, BA GOLD, Hyatt D, Hertz Plat and AMEX Cent
Originally Posted by electra
Jesus you guys. Back in my FA days it used to freak the heck out of me when pax started trying to figure out where we were staying.

I know your just shooting the breeze but we had several incidents of FA's being assaulted, raped and (once) even killed on layovers. For the SQ girls sake lets lock this one up
SQ promotes the SQ girl as a core marketing concept - lets just try and not transfer the American PC paranoia to this international thread
Old Nov 3, 04, 1:35 am

Programs: FB Plt; LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Frankfurt Marriott
Old Nov 3, 04, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by B Watson
SQ promotes the SQ girl as a core marketing concept - lets just try and not transfer the American PC paranoia to this international thread
Mr 'moderator' sir, firstly, I can't believe that this comment comes from a 'moderator'!!!

electra was not talking about FAs being paranoid. She stated that "we had several incidents of FA's being assaulted, raped and (once) even killed on layovers". To me that sounds like a statement of fact and, unfortunately in the world that we all live in (yes even you Mr 'moderator' sir), I do not find that so unbelievable. Now I must admit that we must assume that this was directly related to their job rather than unfortunate random incidents. However, I am sure we can empathise with the concerns raised.

Yes they do promote the SQ girl as a marketing concept but when they are off duty and staying over? Does this then make it ok to post their home addresses???

I fully understand the interest in this thread and this information in the hands of us good people is no issue whatsoever!

But to conclude that there are no nutters out there with the ability to find flyertalk.com, find the search (now that would be the impressive part as regulars frequently struggle )and type 'sq girl hotel frankfurt' is delusional on your part rather than unwarrantedly paranoid on behalf of electra.

Last edited by adamwebster; Nov 3, 04 at 3:08 am
Old Nov 3, 04, 3:21 am

Moved From Moderation Thread

Ok at the risk of being banished/censored, since I suppose that this is techincally OT as I do not have an issue with your moderating.

However, I did find your comment #19 in SQ Girls Hotel Sightings http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...5&page=2&pp=15 blissfully ignorant of the concerns that a former FA has for the safety of the SQ Girls and for showing no ability to see them as human beings opposed to just "as a core marketing concept".

A comment that I found too inhumane to tolerate from the average poster and would have expected better from a moderator!

Last edited by B Watson; Nov 3, 04 at 2:19 pm Reason: As the OP points out, this belongs here rather than in the mod thread
Old Nov 3, 04, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
It's just that the SQ uniform is so striking that wherever they go, they stand out amongst the others. I mean at the NY Sheraton, there are many cabin crew that stay there too. But one wouldn't be bothered to report the other airlines... certainly not say, American Airlines?

If you put an SQ girl amongst the other cabin crew, you'd find the other airlines' cabin crew stealing glances at the Sarong Kebaya. They know of the Singapore Girls. They know of Singapore Airlines' reputation.

Which is why after many years, whilst SQ may have undergone corporate identity makeovers, and many uniforms have been changed for ground staff and male F/As, the Pierre Balmain designed Sarong Kebaya will be forever a corporate trademark for Singapore Airlines.
Old Nov 3, 04, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
Originally Posted by adamwebster
Ok at the risk of being banished/censored, since I suppose that this is techincally OT as I do not have an issue with your moderating.

However, I did find your comment #19 in SQ Girls Hotel Sightings http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...5&page=2&pp=15 blissfully ignorant of the concerns that a former FA has for the safety of the SQ Girls and for showing no ability to see them as human beings opposed to just "as a core marketing concept".

A comment that I found too inhumane to tolerate from the average poster and would have expected better from a moderator!
I think you're overreacting.
Old Nov 3, 04, 4:18 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, SPG LTP, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by adamwebster
Mr 'moderator' sir, firstly, I can't believe that this comment comes from a 'moderator'!!!

Yes they do promote the SQ girl as a marketing concept but when they are off duty and staying over? Does this then make it ok to post their home addresses???

I fully understand the interest in this thread and this information in the hands of us good people is no issue whatsoever!

But to conclude that there are no nutters out there with the ability to find flyertalk.com, find the search (now that would be the impressive part as regulars frequently struggle )and type 'sq girl hotel frankfurt' is delusional on your part rather than unwarrantedly paranoid on behalf of electra.
How hard do you seriously think it is for someone to find out where crew stay on a stopover ??

Time some people lightened up methinks.
Old Nov 3, 04, 4:32 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
How hard do you seriously think it is for someone to find out where crew stay on a stopover ??

Time some people lightened up methinks.
Me thinks you are right, matey... Someone bent on creating problems for any FAs is not going to refer to Flyertalk for details.
Old Nov 3, 04, 4:43 am

Programs: TK E+, BA Gold, Marriott/HH Gold, IC Amb, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
It is not difficult at all. You just have to hang around and wait for them to board the coach/van provided by the hotels to see where they are staying. Any semi-capable stalker would know to do that anyway.

Which is why most (if not all) of the hotels that SQ contracts with usually take extra precautions to protect crew. They usually have separate crew floors (sometimes with crew lounges for drinks) with extra security, asking for crew by name will not get you their room numbers (because pax on their flights could easily turn up at the hotels and remember their names).
Old Nov 3, 04, 4:47 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, SPG LTP, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by BEYFlyer
Me thinks you are right, matey... Someone bent on creating problems for any FAs is not going to refer to Flyertalk for details.
EXACTLY ^ .

Last edited by MAN Flyer; Nov 3, 04 at 5:06 am
Old Nov 3, 04, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by BEYFlyer
Well why not? Don't we all come here to gain useful information on airline travel?? I thought that was the whole purpose.

Yes, I understand that some of you will feel that I am over-reacting but I have had first hand experience of a stalker (no I was not the stalked) with whom I moved in the same circles. He was caught and locked up. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/597431.stm I know for a fact that there are strange people out there who are extremely resourceful. To me flyertalk would be the obvious choice of gaining information.

What disappoints me most though is that despite electra's post you fail to realise that things can and do happen

I know that posts on this thread are posted without malice by good people. I am just concerned because that information could be used for other purposes and appalled by the 'moderator's' view that just because SQ market the SQ Girl that that authorises the tracking of off-duty employees whilst demonstrating no regard whatsoever for the dangers justly highlighted by electra.

Last edited by adamwebster; Nov 3, 04 at 5:36 am
Old Nov 3, 04, 5:34 am

Last edited by adamwebster; Nov 3, 04 at 5:50 am Reason: Civility

Search this Thread
Search Engine: