Wiki Posts
Search

Buying Lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2004, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Platinum Royal Ambassador,GC Elite,HH Gold,DC Gold,*A Gold
Buying Lounge access

Was thinking about joining priority pass, but hmmmm not sure if it will work for me, Can you pay to access singapore air lounges ? or *A lounges?

Many Thanks

Dino
Old Oct 30, 2004, 11:56 pm

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Hi,

SQ does not have paid lounges access as far as I know. However, you may wish to consider United Airlines or Air Canada lounge passes. For UA, you will be able to use the UA lounges and *A designated lounges worldwide.

For more info, you may wish to visit the following websites for details:

United: http://www.ual.com.sg/english/travel...rcc/index.html

Air Canada: http://www.aircanada.ca/services/bus...esentation.pdf and http://www.aircanada.ca/services/bus...ation-form.pdf

Judging from the steep fees, you may be better off with a Priority Pass.
Old Oct 31, 2004, 12:33 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Plaza Premium Lounge

I am not sure of the costs, but you can pay for a single entry visit to this lounge. You could email them to ask. Hope it helps!

http://www.plaza-asia.com/airport_lo...rport_sing.htm
Old Oct 31, 2004, 12:57 am

Programs: some
Originally Posted by kpc
I am not sure of the costs, but you can pay for a single entry visit to this lounge. You could email them to ask. Hope it helps!

http://www.plaza-asia.com/airport_lo...rport_sing.htm
As is the case in many other airports these days - I don't see the point in getting a card unless you fly a lot but then you'd get to Gold at some point anyway.

Air NZ have their own card (Koru Club membership). This came in handy for me in my first year of regular flying with them before getting Gold.

Last edited by Fliar; Oct 31, 2004 at 1:00 am
Old Oct 31, 2004, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Other airlines' paid Club Memberships will not get you into Singapore Airlines' lounge. Maybe the Premier lounge in Singapore but even that I am not sure about.
Old Oct 31, 2004, 6:16 am

you may want to check dinersclub.com - a US diners card will get you into most of the lounges free of charge. Singapore is not included but some locations in US/Asia are. You would only have to pay the annual fee.
Old Oct 31, 2004, 6:34 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
You can view the airport lounges that Diners Club cardmembers can access by visiting the following website:
http://www.dinersclub.com/en/DCIHome/airport.jhtml

In addition, if you have the CitiBank Gold Credit Card, you can visit certain airport lounges as extracted from CitiBank website:

Airport Lounge Access
The flash of your Gold card also gives you access to airport lounges around the world, thus ensuring that your travels will be comfortable. Freshen up with complimentary cocktails, soft drinks, tea, juices, snacks and beverages or catch up on work through private workstations with data port access, fax and photocopy amenities*. Check out the table below for our list of Northwest Airlines WorldClubs and their respective opening hours.

*Some amenities and services may not be available at affiliated locations.

Northwest Airlines World Clubs: Opening days & hours
Boston (BOS) Daily 5:30AM - 7:45PM
Chicago O'Hare (ORD) Sunday - Friday 5:30AM - 7:30PM, Saturday 5:30AM - 5:30PM
Detroit - Main (DTW) Daily 5:30AM-10:00 PM
Detroit - South (DTW) Sunday - Friday 5:30AM - 9:00PM, Saturday 5:30AM - 1:00PM
Detroit - North (DTW) Sunday - Friday 5:30AM - 9:00PM
Detroit - Concourse B (DTW) Saturday 5:30AM - 1:00PM, Daily 5:30AM - 9:00PM
Honolulu (HNL) Daily 7:30AM - 9:00PM
Los Angeles (LAX) Daily 5:30AM - 10:00PM
Memphis (MEM) Weekdays 5:30AM - 9:30PM
Saturday/Sunday 6:30AM - 9:30PM
Milwaukee (MKE) Monday - Friday 5:00AM - 7:00PM, Saturday 5:00AM - 11:00AM, Sunday 12:00PM - 7:00PM
Minneapolis - Concourse F/G (MSP) Daily 5:00AM - 10:00PM
Minneapolis - Concourse C (MSP) Daily 5:00AM - 10:00PM
New York LaGuardia (LGA) Sunday - Friday 5:30AM - 9:00PM, Saturday 5:30AM - 6:00PM
Newark (EWR) Sunday - Friday 5:30AM - 7:45PM, Saturday 5:30AM - 6:00PM
Philadelphia (PHL, closing on 30th Sep 2004) Sunday - Friday 5:30AM-7:00PM
Saturday 5:30AM-6:30PM
Portland (PDX) Daily 6:15AM-2:15PM
San Francisco – Domestic (SFO, closing on 30 Sep 2004) Daily 6:00AM - 5:00PM
San Francisco – International (SFO) Tuesday/Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday 9:00AM - 4:00PM
Monday/Wednesday 9:00AM - 12:30PM
Seattle (SEA) Daily 5:00AM - 3:00PM
Washington D.C. – Dulles International (IAD) Saturday - Friday 5:30AM - 6:00PM, Sunday 7:30AM - 6:00PM
Washington D.C. – Reagan National (DCA) Sunday - Friday 5:30AM - 7:30PM
Saturday 5:30AM - 6:00PM
International Northwest Airlines World Clubs: Opening days & hours
Manila (MNL) Daily 3:30AM – 8:30AM, 2:30PM – 7:30PM
Seoul (SEL) Daily 7:30AM – 6:00PM
Old Oct 31, 2004, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Sorry it was late when I posted the message, here is some more details, I want to be able to access a good lounge at Manchester uk(MAN) and also one in Singapore(SIN) and one at Brisbane(BNE).

From what i can see the red carpet club would be the one for me as I could access BMI lounge in Manchester and *A in Singapore and Brisbane or am I wrong??

Scratch that bmi is in the wrong terminal.

Wonder where Business class ticket holders use in MAN for *A flights out of the uk

Many Thanks

Dino

Last edited by Dino2020; Oct 31, 2004 at 10:53 am Reason: update
Old Oct 31, 2004, 2:38 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Originally Posted by Dino2020
Wonder where Business class ticket holders use in MAN for *A flights out of the uk

Many Thanks

Dino
Where are you flying to from MAN and who with ?.

BMI domestic and European flights operate out of T3, where they have their own lounge. BD long-haul, LH and SK operate out of T1 where they use the Globeground lounge.

SQ fly from T2 and they use the Servisair lounge, which gets crowded in the morning when the flight leaves. There is a nice private lounge called 'Escape' in T2 near the Servisair lounge which anyone can visit for £16 GBP.
Old Oct 31, 2004, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Yeah I found the manchester airport website and it listed the servisair lounge and the escape one, it says you can buy access in to either for £16 so guess that escape would be the better one to go for??

Only leaves me with lounge access to sort in SIN and BNE now any ideas???

And thanks for the help so far just brilliant

Routing is MAN-SIN-BNE and BNE-SIN-MAN with Singapore air
in cattle class

Dino

Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
Where are you flying to from MAN and who with ?.

BMI domestic and European flights operate out of T3, where they have their own lounge. BD long-haul, LH and SK operate out of T1 where they use the Globeground lounge.

SQ fly from T2 and they use the Servisair lounge, which gets crowded in the morning when the flight leaves. There is a nice private lounge called 'Escape' in T2 near the Servisair lounge which anyone can visit for £16 GBP.
Old Nov 5, 2004, 8:20 am

Programs: Krisflyer Silver
[QUOTE=hclee01]You can view the airport lounges that Diners Club cardmembers can access by visiting the following website:
http://www.dinersclub.com/en/DCIHome/airport.jhtml

In addition, if you have the CitiBank Gold Credit Card, you can visit certain airport lounges as extracted from CitiBank website:

I have the CitiBank Gold , but they don't have lounge access in Narita, and I'm stucked there for 13hrs, flying SIN-NRT on NH.
Old Nov 5, 2004, 10:00 am
Original Poster

I did find this at SIN, close as I am going to get me thinks but seems like a good deal.

http://www.changi.airport.com.sg/cha...=1099451124729

Dino
Old Nov 5, 2004, 11:55 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Originally Posted by Dino2020
Yeah I found the manchester airport website and it listed the servisair lounge and the escape one, it says you can buy access in to either for £16 so guess that escape would be the better one to go for??

Dino
Yes I would definitely go for Escape over the Servisair. I didn't realise you could also pay for the latter. I wouldn't pay to visit the Servisair lounge to be honest as it's very busy in the morning when the SQ flight leaves.

If you are flying MAN-SIN in Y try for any day except Tuesday or Thursday. The other 5 days it's a 772ER direct and this is better than the 744 IMHO as there is more legroom in Y. Tuesday and Thursday it's the 744 via ZRH, which also adds at least a couple of hours to the journey and regularly seemed to be late when I was on it. Obviously the same applies SIN-MAN on Monday and Wednesday.
Old Nov 5, 2004, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I think no one aswered the OP's original question, so what lounges are accessible with the Priority card in SIngapore ?
Old Nov 6, 2004, 1:20 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Priority Pass Lounges

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I think no one aswered the OP's original question, so what lounges are accessible with the Priority card in SIngapore ?
Airport SINGAPORE,Changi
Terminal Terminal 1
Lounge CIAS LOUNGE
Location Airside - past Immigration counters in the East Departure Hall. Take the escalator on the extreme right. Turn left and the Lounge is along the corridor.
Opening Hours 03.00 - 24.00 daily. Hours may be subject to change.
Conditions Children under 12 years are admitted free.

Airport SINGAPORE,Changi
Terminal Terminal 1
Lounge RAINFOREST BY SATS
Location Airside ? West Wing. Turn left after Immigration and proceed to the end of the terminal building, near Gate C1. Take the elevator or stairs up to Level 3 where the Lounge is located.
Opening Hours 24 hours daily.
Conditions Maximum 4 hour stay ? Children under 6 years are admitted free ? No alcoholic drinks are available for passengers under 18 years of age ? Cash bar, complimentary snacks and soft drinks from the buffet table ? Non-smoking ? Complimentary access to the fitness facilities ? Optional facilities and services are subject to payment.

Airport SINGAPORE,Changi
Terminal Terminal 2
Lounge PLAZA PREMIUM LOUNGE
Location Airside - located on Level 3 of the Departure/Transit Hall (opposite the Transit Cafe - via the escalator).
Opening Hours 24 hours daily.
Conditions Non-smoking • No alcoholic drinks • Light snacks and optional facilities are subject to payment.

Airport MANCHESTER,International
Terminal Terminal 1
Lounge SERVISAIR EXECUTIVE LOUNGE
Location Airside - proceed through Passport Control, turn left and take the stairs to the floor above. Turn right, follow signs and proceed down the corridor. Turn right again for the entrance to the Lounge.
Opening Hours 05.00 - 19.30 daily. Closed: Dec 25.
Conditions No children under 12 years admitted ? Non-smoking.
Additional Info Flight information is only available upon request.

Airport MANCHESTER,International
Terminal Terminal 2
Lounge SERVISAIR EXECUTIVE LOUNGE
Location Airside - proceed through Passport Control, turn left and take the stairs (near 'Cafe Europa') to the floor above. Go through the double doors and the Lounge is located immediately on the right.
Opening Hours 05.30 - 20.30 daily. Closed: Dec 25.
Conditions No children under 12 years admitted ? Non-smoking.
Additional Info Flight information is only available upon request.

No lounge in BNE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.