FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   15% savings every time you redeem online (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/367155-15-savings-every-time-you-redeem-online.html)

hclee01 Oct 28, 2004 9:34 am

15% savings every time you redeem online

Hi

Got this from KF website. Good news for those redeeming their award tickets soon.

================================================== ====

15% savings every time you redeem online

Going online to redeem your KrisFlyer miles for award tickets really is the most rewarding way to fly.

From 1 November 2004 onward, every time you redeem online at www.krisflyer.com, you will enjoy 15% discount on the usual miles required to any destination with electronic ticketing facilities*.

That's right. Regardless of when you are travelling, you will enjoy a 15% discount on the usual miles required when you redeem an award ticket online.

Terms and Conditons
*Online redemption is currently not available for selected Singapore Airlines destinations in China, India and South Africa. Any amendments made through Singapore Airlines Ticket Offices, Singapore Airlines Reservations or KrisFlyer Membership Services to award tickets booked online will render tickets ineligible for this discount.

CryptKeeper Oct 28, 2004 1:49 pm

Good to see SQ have discounted internet bookings rather than made an offline fee as many airlines seems to be doing right now.

15% is a massive saving too! 136k for Raffles LHR-SYD now - what a deal!

miles4all Oct 28, 2004 7:20 pm

Great news, but go ahead and try to book an award to Ahmedabad! If you open the site they tell you they upgarded.....still got some work to do! :rolleyes:

hclee01 Nov 2, 2004 4:27 am

Wonder when they are going to allow one-class upgrade online as well, so that I can save 15%.

Savage25 Nov 2, 2004 5:24 am

Originally Posted by hclee01
Wonder when they are going to allow one-class upgrade online as well, so that I can save 15%.

I'd like to see that too...all my redemptions are for upgrades.

shortfinals Nov 2, 2004 7:41 pm

Does anybody know?

There's a paragraph in there somewhere stating that any amendments done via the call center will render the entire award ineligible for the 15% discount.
Basically if I read it right, any human intervention in the PNR would make it ineligible.

The question is: Would a seat request done via the PPS club coordinator constitute an amendment?

ghostboy Nov 2, 2004 11:34 pm

Your interpretation is correct; as for whether or not intervention by a PPS club coordinator voids the discount, I'm not sure but there's no harm in calling KrisFlyer and asking them??

Cheers, gb.

kpc Nov 14, 2004 3:10 am

SQ website problems?

I have been unable to log into my SQ Krisflyer account for the last 4-5 hours :td: Anyone else having similar problems?

ranad Nov 14, 2004 4:35 am

Same here

Originally Posted by kpc
I have been unable to log into my SQ Krisflyer account for the last 4-5 hours :td: Anyone else having similar problems?

Same problem here - and my redemption ticketing time limit expires today! I would have to lose my booking just cos of a website problem. I wonder why this is - first time I faced this problem....

hclee01 Nov 14, 2004 5:07 am

I have been getting problems accessing the website for the past few days. It seems that after they upgraded the check-in functions, the website is pretty unstable or is it just pure coincidence?

kpc Nov 14, 2004 7:52 pm

still can't access my account...

Rang SQ finally out of frustration and they tell me that there is NO problem with their web page and therefore they can't / won't give me the 15% discount if I make the booking over the phone :mad: :mad:

They said try later... :td: :td:

ghostboy Nov 14, 2004 8:37 pm

They're right! No problems today, but I couldn't log in yesterday either - hope you didn't miss out on your award tickets. That's probably the only niggle I have with SQ - they NEVER pre-warn you about website maintenance/downtime. :td:

StarG Nov 14, 2004 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by ghostboy
... only niggle I have with SQ - they NEVER pre-warn you about website maintenance/downtime. :td:

Actually they do, but only on your Account Summary page.
So who knows how effective those warnings are :rolleyes:.

I have been having a hard time logging onto my KF account in the past few days; if I do get logged on, it takes forever and with errors on the page.
I thought it has something to do with the high volume of travel around the Hari Raya (people checking in online, redeeming tickets, buying tickets, etc.).

ghostboy Nov 14, 2004 9:57 pm

Still unacceptable - they should forecast & plan for higher volume periods (they have data on everything else so I'm sure they have endless data points on the web traffic).

At least a static page during maintenance/downtime would be better than what we get currently.

'Nough said. Now I just hope the waitlist comes through for our Xmas award booking SIN-AKL (crosses fingers)!

MAN Flyer Nov 15, 2004 2:51 am

Originally Posted by shortfinals
The question is: Would a seat request done via the PPS club coordinator constitute an amendment?

No, seat requests do not represent an amendment according to what I was told last week.

Now, the cynical amongst us could always call for a seat request and see if you could get something else done. 'Oh, while I'm on can you just.....' ;).

Would be an interesting thing to try and enforce to be honest. I wonder if they would be decent enough to warn you along the lines of 'You do realise that doing this will cost you you're discount?'

On a related note I also had problems with the website yesterday.