Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Complaints, thoughts, questions and advice re moderation

Old Oct 25, 04, 12:24 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Location: Grand Rapids, MI USA UA 1K, AA EXP 1MM, SQ PPS, BA GOLD, Hyatt D, Hertz Plat and AMEX Cent

I am here to serve you as the users of this board, therefore I have created this to use as a vehicle for discussion of my moderation activities - it will stay open at the top of the thread and when you have a thought or a concern, please feel free to express them.
Old Oct 30, 04, 2:41 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Location: Grand Rapids, MI USA UA 1K, AA EXP 1MM, SQ PPS, BA GOLD, Hyatt D, Hertz Plat and AMEX Cent
I just needed to delete a post to this thread

PLEASE limit comments to MY actions HERE and do not discuss other moderators and their activities elsewhere on FT.
Old Oct 30, 04, 2:46 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE
You are doing an excellant job- no complaints whatsoever
Old Nov 17, 04, 6:47 am

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
I would like to formally complain.

Your a big stinky poo, cos you stopped the muppet oneworldfan from posting messages to which I could introduce the subject of his questionable paternity, his appeal wearingn spendies and a brassiere and finally his ability to outdrink myself and several other members of the board.

In short, your dictatorial approach to board management has brought about a climate of fear.

Alas you have brought into line a good deal of the slightly erratic membership, and fostered an atmosphere of optimism and social responsibility.

THERES NO WAY YOU CAN BE AMERICAN

Finally I would like to say I was beaten as a child, but appreciate there is little if nothing you can do about that.

Jon Garside
one day at a time, i prove self meds work

Last edited by jongar; Nov 30, 04 at 5:12 am
Old Nov 24, 04, 10:56 pm

Deleted.......for many reasons.

Last edited by Q Shoe Guy; Nov 25, 04 at 3:54 pm
Old Nov 25, 04, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Discussion of B Watson's death and condolences can be found here

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=374655
Old Dec 1, 04, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: LAS; 1991 - 2010: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: Marriott Titanium. Lifetime: UA United Club, UA 540K mi., AA Admirals Club & Marr. Gold
That thread is now locked. I always appreciated his directness, and writing style.

As for the other aspects of his life, for those who are deists, Barton could undoubtedly use our prayers.

The French have a saying, "To know all is to forgive all."

In the meantime, perhaps some good can come out of his death if it raises awareness about suicide, and we can resolve to do something about it amongst FlyerTalkers.

Those subject to depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and other neurosis such as anal-retentiveness may be at higher risk of suicide. The same behaviors that might lead one to spend excessive time online or focusing on miles and points could be symptomatic of other problems.

Additionally, his death can serve as a cautionary tale about the need to be vigilant about those we meet online, even in a "community" such as ours.
Old Dec 1, 04, 9:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: Loyal to Myself
What a beautiful and meaningful post. Exceptionally well spoken.

I would rather remember anyone by their best moments than their worst ones.
Old Dec 2, 04, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: LAS; 1991 - 2010: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: Marriott Titanium. Lifetime: UA United Club, UA 540K mi., AA Admirals Club & Marr. Gold
There is an OMNI thread on our late moderator's demise, to which any further comments on that subject should be addressed. I would have posted there had I been aware of it, non-descriptive thread title notwithstanding.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=376280

Let us save this one for our new moderator, "as a vehicle for discussion of [his or her] moderation activities."

Perhaps if we continue to demonstrate proper temperament and posting behaviour, the SQ flight stewardess hotel-sighting thread may again be unlocked?

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Dec 4, 04 at 2:01 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: