Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Internet Checkin features

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2004, 6:20 am

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Originally Posted by mauld
I've got a flight in mid Jan, booked on SQ JFK-FRA-SIN in F, but I asked to have my miles credited to UA. While I do have a KrisFlyer #, I am unable to view my reservations on SQ's site. I called SQ and was told they only allow viewing/changing/checkin if you are crediting your miles to SQ?? The agent did try to help and had an associate check and call me back, but he too confirmed I would be unable to view my reservation unless my KF account were listed for the miles. Now I know I can ask to have KF miles on my account and then change it back to UA, but this seems a tad strange
mauld, just to be clear: the enhanced accessability is only applicable to the Internet Check In. 'Retrieve booking' is still only available for only bookings made via the website. I don't think it matters where you credit your miles, as long as you made the booking via SQ website.

Last edited by StarG; Nov 25, 2004 at 6:23 am
Old Dec 2, 2004, 1:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Anyone else having trouble with online checkin yesterday and today? I haven't been able to check in for 2 of my flights in Y on the same itinerary - the flights show in the list after I select Check In, but they're all greyed out. I had to call SIN to do a phone checkin for the second segment.

No SMS Check-in notifications 48 hrs before both the flights as well. I usually get these.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 1:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Savage25
Anyone else having trouble with online checkin yesterday and today? I haven't been able to check in for 2 of my flights in Y on the same itinerary - the flights show in the list after I select Check In, but they're all greyed out.
I think I have the same problem 2 weeks ago (post #28 above).

Having spent Euro10 to access the internet, I certainly wasnt pleased but I was able to check-in the following day.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Hmmm...I'm still not able to checkin online...called the BKK reservations line and they just said try again after some time. No big help there. But they were able to assign me the seat I wanted without having to checkin for BKK-SIN.

Also, the SIN telephone checkin ppl were able to check me in and assign me the seat I wanted, so I'm not so worried, but this is unusual. Never happened in 80-odd flights this year.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 2:38 pm

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
Originally Posted by StarG
I don't think it matters where you credit your miles, as long as you made the booking via SQ website.
Indeed I can confirm this. Booked a ticket about ten days ago on the SQ website FRA-JFK-FRA (and actually completed travel this past weekend) and credited miles to LH's Miles & More. I had no problems viewing/retrieving my booking on-line and checking in for the flight 48 hours prior to departure. Excellent feature ^ ^ .
Old Dec 2, 2004, 3:36 pm

On a recent trip LAX-SIN-LAX, I purchased the ticket online, and used online checkin for the outbound legs. While in SIN I had to change my return date. The Singaporeair office had to contact their LA to make the change. When I tried to use the online checkin 3 days later, the site still showed my original itin, and I was unable to check in. I had to call the phone check in, which kept me on hold for 35 minutes. Not a tragedy, but obviously the system needs some tweaking.
Old Dec 3, 2004, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

Anyone else having trouble with online checkin yesterday and today? I haven't been able to check in for 2 of my flights in Y on the same itinerary - the flights show in the list after I select Check In, but they're all greyed out. I had to call SIN to do a phone checkin for the second segment.

No SMS Check-in notifications 48 hrs before both the flights as well. I usually get these.
Update...there was a VIP passenger (or passengers) on my originating flight SQ67 from BKK on Friday and there was extra security on this flight...they made everyone open their checkin luggage as well for a hand check. It seems they disabled online checkin for this flight for the same reason...not sure how that affects security though.

It was interesting seeing three obvious security personnel/bodyguards move into economy to take their seats in row 56 or something like that once the plane pushed back...I wonder if they were armed.
Old Dec 4, 2004, 2:32 am

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
Update...there was a VIP passenger (or passengers) on my originating flight SQ67 from BKK on Friday and there was extra security on this flight...they made everyone open their checkin luggage as well for a hand check. It seems they disabled online checkin for this flight for the same reason...not sure how that affects security though.
I flew SQ64 SIN-BKK on Tuesday and had to undergo the same process. Actually got a call on Monday from SQ asking me to check in 2 1/2 hours before the flight. Check in was only at the row used for SQ 20/22 (the nonstop LAX/EWR flights), and all check-in and carry-on luggage was hand-inspected. Laptops and all electronic equipment needed to be taken out of the carry-ons and go through x-rays separately, and they even hand inspected my wallet. I also noticed the security personnel on the plane, as well as a small delegation of well-dressed people who sat in Y but moved up to the front of the plane prior to landing. Wonder who the VIP was?

However, I actually was able to check in for the flight online the day before, so at least for that flight it wasn't disabled.
Old Dec 4, 2004, 5:01 am

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Or is it possibly because they recently received some kind of threats like they did a few months ago for BKK flights?
Old Dec 4, 2004, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by StarG
Or is it possibly because they recently received some kind of threats like they did a few months ago for BKK flights?
That was my thought initially, but on the plane it was clear that there was an important person on board--the group of people accompanying him or her weren't all guards--they were sharply dressed men and women.
Old Dec 4, 2004, 9:28 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
You were very likely flying the same flight as Lee Kuan Yew, who was just in Bangkok for a 4 day visit which ended on Friday.

In fact, there is no equivalent to an Air Force One in Singapore, so even the Prime Minister of Singapore and his entourage fly commercial airlines.
Old Dec 4, 2004, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by fimo
You were very likely flying the same flight as Lee Kuan Yew, who was just in Bangkok for a 4 day visit which ended on Friday.
Cool! Didn't know that there wasn't an "Air Force One" equivalent in Singapore. But from all we had to go through, it was apparent someone very important was on board as well.
Old Dec 4, 2004, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Quite possible that it was LKY. At least one of the "bodyguards" was Singaporean.

Smart bugger though...he got onto SQ64/67 which both have Skysuites
Old Dec 4, 2004, 11:08 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
The rest were?? Just wondering because the Lees have been quite public in their complete trust for Ghurkas as their local bodyguards.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 2:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fimo
The rest were?? Just wondering because the Lees have been quite public in their complete trust for Ghurkas as their local bodyguards.
They were not Thai, Malay or Chinese...I couldn't place them definitely( i did consider Burmese at one point), so they could well have been Gurkhas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.