New Internet Checkin features

Old Nov 12, 2004, 7:22 pm

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
If it is that important to you, you can try to call SIN phone check-in and do the check-in. They might refuse to do it for you though since you are not yet in SIN (happened to me before) but if you ask for their assistance politely (given the long flight SIN-LAX), they might help you.
For premium passengers (F, C, PPS) this is the number: (65) 6540-3033. Sorry you have to do a search for the general number. Good luck.
Old Nov 12, 2004, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just used the check-in for my Japan/ DPS trip tommorow. Worked well but the app is quite strict about the time rule , so I could only get a seat on the first leg and then wait 6 hours or so to do the 2nd leg. But all in all an almost "seamless" experience. You should have seen the seats they had pre-selected for me !
Old Nov 12, 2004, 7:37 pm

follow up

I found the SQ bkk number ( thanks to another thread here) and called them up. I asked for an emergency exit row since the flight was "full" and she first told me that the seats were full. After asking her to rearrange someone in that row since I should have priority, she told me that there were no emergency exit seats on this plane (too funny). So now I'm stuck with a not so good seat and will try my luck tomorrow in SIN.

It seems like the internet check in feature still needs some work to accomodate those who originate on their partner airline ( MI) before getting on to SQ. Don't know why they can't have the SQ portion allocated via internet check in and the MI leg allocated at the terminal upon checking in.
Old Nov 12, 2004, 7:51 pm

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Originally Posted by phuket_jeff
I found the SQ bkk number ( thanks to another thread here) and called them up. I asked for an emergency exit row since the flight was "full" and she first told me that the seats were full. After asking her to rearrange someone in that row since I should have priority, she told me that there were no emergency exit seats on this plane (too funny). So now I'm stuck with a not so good seat and will try my luck tomorrow in SIN.
In this situation, I would call SIN check-in and ask. Sometimes emergency row seats, or first few rows seats which are usually reserved for PPS/*G may be blocked by the station where the flight departs.
Old Nov 12, 2004, 7:54 pm

Good idea

I'm KF gold so I think I'll do that. Thanks StarG.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 7:07 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
I just used the internet check-in today and see that we can now select a partner FFP to credit miles if we don't want to credit to KF. Excellent.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 8:20 am

Programs: LH SEN (A* Gold), SPG GOLD, HiltonHonours Gold, Leaders Club Elite
Originally Posted by fimo
I just used the internet check-in today and see that we can now select a partner FFP to credit miles if we don't want to credit to KF. Excellent.
That are good news, do you have to use the Krisflyer Number to check in (and select one of the recorded "other FFP's there) or can you freely select the FFP number?

cheers,
Andycisa
Old Nov 23, 2004, 8:39 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by Andycisa
That are good news, do you have to use the Krisflyer Number to check in (and select one of the recorded "other FFP's there) or can you freely select the FFP number?

cheers,
Andycisa
You can check-in using any of the 4 options:

a) Input your ticket number
b) Input your passport number (I guess this will only work if you have purchased a e-ticket, and the agent has inputted your passport number)
c) Input the booking reference number
d) Input your SIA KrisFlyer Account Number

During the check-in process, you can select your seats and input your preferred mileage programme number.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 9:12 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Originally Posted by StarG
Just wanted to add:
It seems that Internet Check-in is now available to ALL passengers.
No longer have to buy your ticket online or enter your Krisflyer number into the PNR.
There is an option saying "Other Users" or something like that. Click on that and you can just enter your flight details.
I've got a flight in mid Jan, booked on SQ JFK-FRA-SIN in F, but I asked to have my miles credited to UA. While I do have a KrisFlyer #, I am unable to view my reservations on SQ's site. I called SQ and was told they only allow viewing/changing/checkin if you are crediting your miles to SQ?? The agent did try to help and had an associate check and call me back, but he too confirmed I would be unable to view my reservation unless my KF account were listed for the miles. Now I know I can ask to have KF miles on my account and then change it back to UA, but this seems a tad strange
Old Nov 23, 2004, 9:25 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
Originally Posted by mauld
I've got a flight in mid Jan, booked on SQ JFK-FRA-SIN in F, but I asked to have my miles credited to UA. While I do have a KrisFlyer #, I am unable to view my reservations on SQ's site. I called SQ and was told they only allow viewing/changing/checkin if you are crediting your miles to SQ?? The agent did try to help and had an associate check and call me back, but he too confirmed I would be unable to view my reservation unless my KF account were listed for the miles. Now I know I can ask to have KF miles on my account and then change it back to UA, but this seems a tad strange
I did a booking on-line this weekend. I was asked to create an on-line account (nothing associated with SQ FF programs) and I am able to view my reservations on-line. Mind you, I've credited the flights to LH M&M. Strange...
Old Nov 23, 2004, 7:49 pm
JPB

Programs: BAEC, LH M&M
Definitely if you have booked on-line you can see your reservation and check in no matter what FFP you put in. I have always put my miles to LH M&M account and have always been able to see my reservation and check in(both before and after the recent changes to on-line check in).
Old Nov 23, 2004, 8:54 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, UA 1K MM
The agent did try to help and had an associate check and call me back, but he too confirmed I would be unable to view my reservation unless my KF account were listed for the miles. Now I know I can ask to have KF miles on my account and then change it back to UA, but this seems a tad strange
The SIA web site will *only* show your itinerary if you originally booked it on singaporeair.com. I've booked SQ tickets over the phone before, using my KrisFlyer number, and they did not show up until it was time for online check-in. As far as I know, this policy has not changed even though internet check-in is not limited to KrisFlyer members anymore.

While this is indeed inconvenient when compared to some other airlines (UA, for one), it is nothing new.
Old Nov 24, 2004, 9:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
Just used the check-in for my Japan/ DPS trip tommorow. Worked well but the app is quite strict about the time rule , so I could only get a seat on the first leg and then wait 6 hours or so to do the 2nd leg. But all in all an almost "seamless" experience. You should have seen the seats they had pre-selected for me !
When I did KUL-SIN-ATH, I was able to check-in the first leg and then after a couple of hours the second leg.

On my return flight ATH-SIN-KUL, I wasnt able to check-in for the first leg eventhough it was within 48 hrs of that flight. I suspect that it was due to the second leg being almost 60 hrs from that time. I succeeded in checking-in only when both legs were within 48 hrs.
Old Nov 24, 2004, 10:15 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by crazycrab955
The SIA web site will *only* show your itinerary if you originally booked it on singaporeair.com. I've booked SQ tickets over the phone before, using my KrisFlyer number, and they did not show up until it was time for online check-in. As far as I know, this policy has not changed even though internet check-in is not limited to KrisFlyer members anymore.

While this is indeed inconvenient when compared to some other airlines (UA, for one), it is nothing new.
Actually, when you check in for a flight online, the web site does show future booked itineraries, even if those are unavailable for check in, and even if booked elsewhere. It just won't let you check in for these.

I think this is a new feature of the upgraded online check-in service.
Old Nov 25, 2004, 12:42 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
Checked in yesterday for a FRA-JFK flight on Friday that was booked on-line; no problems. The system preassigned me a random seat but when I asked to change it got a seat map and picked the seat I wanted ^ . I was also able to view (but not check-in obviously) my flight to SIN in December .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.