FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   F lounge food at LHR (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/364734-f-lounge-food-lhr.html)

woodey Oct 19, 2004 11:03 am

F lounge food at LHR

Hi, can anyone tell me what sort of food SQ have in the LHR F lounge in the evening? Is it just the standard bar food or is it possible to get a more substantial snack before the flight? Thanks for your help.

luxury Oct 19, 2004 11:17 am

When I took the noon SQ flight LHR-SIN in F, there was a menu in the F Lounge which had ramen noodles, sandwiches, and some other items (sorry, I cannot remember what they are) which can be ordered from the Lounge attendents, in addition to the offerings at the self-help bar. Since I arrived early at the airport to see off my sister on a different flight that morning, I was at the lounge in the early morning and aside from breakfast items, there was congee available at the bar counter.

I am sorry that this does not answer your question directly but I hope it helps.

Cheers,

neilmac Oct 19, 2004 1:22 pm

I would just agree with Luxury that there is a very adequate supply of food and there are tables much like in the F Kris lounge in SIN where you can sit and have a meal if that is your wish. The sad thing is if you'e travelling F your get more than enough to eat anyway when you're on board. I must say I really like the SQ F lounge in LHR

As an aside I notice from the priority magazine that arrived today that alterations in T3 in LHR is affecting the Raffles lounge. Anyone any first hand knowledge of this?

MAN Flyer Oct 19, 2004 1:47 pm

The lounge at LHR also has Satays and different types of soup as well, all of which can be ordered off a small menu. I think the menu is the same all day ?

I was there about 5 weeks ago and there is a lot of work being done immediately next to the lounge on both the tarmac area itself and the terminal near gate 6, where SQ normally 'park'. Preparation for the A380's I believe. It hadn't affected the lounge itself, just that you could see numerous earth moving vehicles and rubble instead of a Megatop :) .

It's also now a bit of a walk to board the a/c instead of stumbling out of the lounge at the last minute.

DoctorWu Oct 19, 2004 2:09 pm

Satay!!!

Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
The lounge at LHR also has Satays and different types of soup as well, all of which can be ordered off a small menu. I think the menu is the same all day ?

Just wondering, but is the satay available in the Raffles Class section of the LHR lounge, or is it exclusive to the First Class section? I'm flying in Raffles just before Christmas and in First at the end of January, and I'm planning how best to maximise my gastronomic enjoyment. :D (It must only be on a select few carriers that gastronomic enjoyment is even an option...) :p