Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

JFK/FRA Lounge Questions from first-timer

Old Oct 19, 04, 7:15 am
Original Poster

All - chose SQ J instead of LH F for upcoming JFK-FRA. Booked 11A. Couple of questions, though:

1) Does anyone disagree with my decision? Having never flown SQ before, and having flown LH F more than a few times, it seemed like it was time for a change.

2) Which JFK lounge may one use? I'm *Gold and UGS, which hopefully gets me into the Virgin Clubhouse instead of customary Swiss Club for "ordinary" Raffles passengers.

3) What arrival facilities are there in FRA? If I recall, United has a First Class arrival lounge there.

4) Any other tips are appreciated.
Old Oct 19, 04, 12:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K; UA Plat MM; Hyatt Globalist; Starwood, Marriott, Hilton Gold.
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
All - chose SQ J instead of LH F for upcoming JFK-FRA. Booked 11A. Couple of questions, though:

1) Does anyone disagree with my decision? Having never flown SQ before, and having flown LH F more than a few times, it seemed like it was time for a change.

2) Which JFK lounge may one use? I'm *Gold and UGS, which hopefully gets me into the Virgin Clubhouse instead of customary Swiss Club for "ordinary" Raffles passengers.

3) What arrival facilities are there in FRA? If I recall, United has a First Class arrival lounge there.

4) Any other tips are appreciated.
Having flown SQ C and LH F and C multiple times, I agree with your decision. SQ does not have arrival lounge in FRA. If you have a continuing *A flight, you may use the Senator lounge or RCC for a shower.

When are you flying?
Old Oct 19, 04, 6:48 pm
Moderator, CoronaVirus and Hilton Honors

Programs: some
The FRA SEN lounge and RCC are not available on arrival (at least not unless there is same day onward *A flight).
Old Jan 9, 05, 8:28 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
This Thurs I'm in F on SQ JFK-FRA-SIN. Will I #1-be able to use the Virgin Club in JFK, #2- the LH Senator or RCC F arrivals lounge in FRA between my flights (I think I have a 90 min layover). I've only used the main LH lounge in FRA in the past, and it always seems so crowded. Is that the Senator lounge?
PS-I am 1K on UA.
Old Jan 9, 05, 10:51 am
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by mauld
... the LH Senator or RCC F arrivals lounge in FRA between my flights (I think I have a 90 min layover). I've only used the main LH lounge in FRA in the past, and it always seems so crowded. Is that the Senator lounge?
PS-I am 1K on UA.
Yes, it's the main B terminal Senator lounge. Now it's less crowded I think because of the new F lounge for LH F and HON only. Usually the flight from JFK will park at B terminal. Therefore it's kind of a long hike to reach RCC (which SQ uses for the flight FRA-JFK).
Old Jan 9, 05, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by jamienbaker

2) Which JFK lounge may one use? I'm *Gold and UGS, which hopefully gets me into the Virgin Clubhouse instead of customary Swiss Club for "ordinary" Raffles passengers

JFK lounge useage runs like this (as of last week anyways...)

First Class/PPS in any class - Virgin Clubhouse
Business Class - Swiss Lounge
*G (any class) - Varig Lounge

So you're stuck with either Swiss or Varig - with the "ordinary" folk.
Old Jan 21, 05, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat/QF Lifetime Gold/Bonvoy Lifetime Plat, Accor Plat, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
So, is there a F arrivals lounge in FRA available for arriving SQ F PAX to shower and freshen up/have breakfast, etc.? I guess the worst option would be the RCC: but what has SQ arranged for F PAX?
Old Jan 22, 05, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I recently flew in F on SQ JFK-FRA-SIN. Upon arrival in FRA the F passengers were taken by cart to the UA RCC F lounge. This lounge was very small & crowded (at 11:30 am). I didn't notice anything special about this lounge, nor did I see any showers--the bathrooms were outside the F area and for use by the regular RCC & F passengers. So unless you normally have access to the LH Sen lounge (or other F lounge), this may be your only option.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: