SQ SIN-EWR on USAir Mileage Ticket

Old Oct 18, 04, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

SQ SIN-EWR on USAir Mileage Ticket

I am on a Dividend Miles 90K Asia C class award in November. We are going over on UA and back on SQ. It is booked in "I" class for business class. We have business class seat assignments on the new SQ SIN - EWR nonstop. I have heard that they have been putting "I" class in Executive Economy on that flight.

Any truth or am I just scared for no reason?

Someone has told me their is an upcharge of miles for the new A345 on that super long haul? Maybe it is only for the roundtrip versus the one way.

I don't want to get to the airport in SIN and get "downgraded"....

Argh! Please help assure me that I can rest comfortably in C class!
Old Oct 19, 04, 1:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K; UA Plat MM; Hyatt Globalist; Starwood, Marriott, Hilton Gold.
Don't panic.
No truth and no upcharge.
Old Oct 21, 04, 8:29 am

Location: SEA/PDX/NRT/SIN almost every month. I love my sanctuary at Sentosa Cove
Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Originally Posted by ordflyboy
We have business class seat assignments on the new SQ SIN - EWR nonstop. I have heard that they have been putting "I" class in Executive Economy on that flight.
What's your seat assignment on the SIN-EWR nonstop? Perhaps someone on this board can shed some light if your seat is in Biz or Exec Economy.
Old Oct 21, 04, 9:27 am

Programs: TK E+, BA Gold, Marriott/HH Gold, IC Amb, Hertz PC
I think you may have heard that a CRTWSTAR booked in business class are seated in Executive Economy on the EWR and LAX nonstops, which is true. There is a charge of $150 per leg (increasing or recently increased to around $500 or thereabouts - check the *A forum) for sitting in business class on a CRTWSTAR on these flights.

There is no surcharge in miles redemption for these flights and you will be seated in business class with a "I" class award.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: