SQ flight then Denver?

Old Oct 18, 04, 9:43 am
Original Poster

SQ flight then Denver?

I'm looking for someone flying SQ in the next month or two and who will be in Denver after the flight...

My daughter broke her "souvenir" wine glass from a flight last year and is hoping we can get her a new one.

Contact me via email. Thanks.

<Cross posted in the United Forum>
Old Oct 18, 04, 4:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K; UA Plat MM; Hyatt Globalist; Starwood, Marriott, Hilton Gold.
Originally Posted by DIAFlyer
I'm looking for someone flying SQ in the next month or two and who will be in Denver after the flight...

My daughter broke her "souvenir" wine glass from a flight last year and is hoping we can get her a new one.

Contact me via email. Thanks.

<Cross posted in the United Forum>
When does SQ give out souvenir wine glasses?
Old Oct 18, 04, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

There are reasons the word was in quotes.
Old Oct 18, 04, 6:57 pm

Programs: SQ, HHonors, Priority Club
You may want to try this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...277534332&rd=1

or even this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...125110897&rd=1

or
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...124684681&rd=1
Old Oct 18, 04, 7:26 pm

Programs: SQ TPP25, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
When does SQ give out souvenir wine glasses?
In mid 1990s SQ actually did just that in Raffles Class.
That was the time when J and F pax receive gifts for every long haul.
Old Oct 18, 04, 7:30 pm
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by DIAFlyer
Just curious, is it the Y, C or F wine glass? I understood the "souvenir." One time I told SQ FA in my flight that my niece wanted a souvenir, and I mentioned that my niece likes to collect glass. And the FA told me to keep my wine glass as a souvenir for my niece, plus she gave me a couple playing cards and toys...
Old Oct 18, 04, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Just a Y class glass...
Old Oct 19, 04, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
I can't beleive people are responding to this. The OP wants someone to steal a glass? If you are going to take something that doesn't belong to you, don't get people here involved.
Old Oct 19, 04, 1:18 am

Someone going on an SQ flight to FRA? I'd love to have a pair of Spacebeds for my living room...

Sorry, couldn't resist

Torsten
Old Oct 19, 04, 2:38 am

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by zrs70
I can't beleive people are responding to this. The OP wants someone to steal a glass? If you are going to take something that doesn't belong to you, don't get people here involved.
I think one could always ask for a glass as a souvenir. In F they'll let you keep the menu (leather binder and all) if you ask for it, so I would expect a glass wouldn't be a big deal...
Old Oct 19, 04, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
Originally Posted by MovieMan
I think one could always ask for a glass as a souvenir. In F they'll let you keep the menu (leather binder and all) if you ask for it, so I would expect a glass wouldn't be a big deal...
Uh... no SQ will not let you keep the First Class leather folder even if you ask nicely for it. The cabin crew in charge has to account each and every one of them. Now if you were to STEAL one.... that's a different matter. But the crew KNOWS who did it if one is missing.

This information is straight from the mouths of my SQ cabin crew friends.
Old Oct 19, 04, 11:20 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Spire AMB, HH Gold, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Uh... no SQ will not let you keep the First Class leather folder even if you ask nicely for it. The cabin crew in charge has to account each and every one of them. Now if you were to STEAL one.... that's a different matter. But the crew KNOWS who did it if one is missing.

This information is straight from the mouths of my SQ cabin crew friends.
Absolutely correct AFAIK. They have gotten much tougher on that one. If the FA's let you have the F menu leather binder then they will be held responsible for it by the IFS who again has someone else bugging him if the count doesn't come up as expected. Trust me, it's not a pretty scene from what I have been told (same source than Guy Betsy's).

Back to the glas topic. This again I think is not such a big deal for the crew as glasses break all the time. Just ask for one as a souvenir and I'm quite certain you will get one. But ask and don't steal it as there is really no reason for that.

Cheers ...
Old Oct 19, 04, 10:56 pm
In Memoriam

Location: Grand Rapids, MI USA UA 1K, AA EXP 1MM, SQ PPS, BA GOLD, Hyatt D, Hertz Plat and AMEX Cent
Personal Hat On -

I find it reprehensible that people think they have the "right" to rip off airlines and hotels - how truly pathetic to actually need MORE than the services and transportation agreed to in the original transaction - where does this slippery slope end?

Moderator Hat On -

Theft is theft - pure and simple and FT does not exist to facilitate or encourage criminal conduct. Therefore, this thread is now dead.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: