Nose cam? on SQ or NH?

Old Oct 17, 04, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Nose cam? on SQ or NH?

Do SQ's planes have nosecam and bellycam???? I've been on both of them but can't remember if it was NH or SQ.

Thanks for the help!!
Old Oct 17, 04, 7:54 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: up in the air
Not SQ.
Old Oct 17, 04, 8:54 pm

Programs: SQ silver, NH, TG
NH does have it on its 763 and some 747's.
They are switched on the sole discretion of the pilot.
They are not authorized at TPE !
Old Oct 18, 04, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: statusless these days
NH domestic 772s have them too.
Old Oct 18, 04, 9:08 am

Programs: A3*S, LH, SQ, BA, IHG Spire AMB, HH Gold, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by 007
Do SQ's planes have nosecam and bellycam???? I've been on both of them but can't remember if it was NH or SQ.

Thanks for the help!!
A bit off the topic, but I thought BA has them too at least on its 747. Not 100% sure though.
Old Oct 18, 04, 9:15 am
CGK

Programs: UA MM
[QUOTE=007]Do SQ's planes have nosecam and bellycam???? I've been on both of them but can't remember if it was NH or SQ. QUOTE]

In NH. Flew BKK-NRT 744 few months back. It was neat when you could see the runway on the screen. But unfortunately, nothing to see at night flight. It came back on before landing. But one time it was cloudy at Narita so no view.
Old Oct 18, 04, 9:18 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
EK has them for sure...

...on all planes; nose and belly... Always fun to watch but with condensation from high humidity levels upon landing in most cities and ice forming when flying, I wonder what the benefit is of having such cameras As for BA demue, not sure I've ever experienced "live coverage" on a BA flight When I flew BA to YVR this past September on a 747, did not recall having a "view" from the seat
Old Oct 18, 04, 9:19 am
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by demue
A bit off the topic, but I thought BA has them too at least on its 747. Not 100% sure though.
Also OT, Flew LHR-PHL on BA last May. The pilot announced to look out the right window. And yes, it was a beautiful blue sky and another BA flight was flying nearby. (Much much better view than the cam on NH.)
Old Oct 18, 04, 9:41 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, SPG LTP, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by CGK
Also OT, Flew LHR-PHL on BA last May. The pilot announced to look out the right window. And yes, it was a beautiful blue sky and another BA flight was flying nearby. (Much much better view than the cam on NH.)
Same for me on KL flight AMS-DTW a few years ago. Got a great picture of the other 747 through the window somewhere....

I enjoyed the Nosecam view when landing on EK.
Old Oct 18, 04, 9:42 am

Programs: A3*S, LH, SQ, BA, IHG Spire AMB, HH Gold, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by BEYFlyer
...on all planes; nose and belly... Always fun to watch but with condensation from high humidity levels upon landing in most cities and ice forming when flying, I wonder what the benefit is of having such cameras As for BA demue, not sure I've ever experienced "live coverage" on a BA flight When I flew BA to YVR this past September on a 747, did not recall having a "view" from the seat
Should it have been EK ?!? Hmmm, I thought I saw it on a recent long haul flight and that would have been either with BA, AA, or LH. I took the same BA fligth from LHR to YVR in early Sep - what a coincidence. Last EK flight I took was in May I think, but hey who counts them all. I guess you could be right BEYFlyer.

Cheers ...
Old Oct 18, 04, 1:31 pm
In Memoriam

Location: Grand Rapids, MI USA UA 1K, AA EXP 1MM, SQ PPS, BA GOLD, Hyatt D, Hertz Plat and AMEX Cent
Originally Posted by demue
Should it have been EK ?!? Hmmm, I thought I saw it on a recent long haul flight and that would have been either with BA, AA, or LH.
BA, AA nor LH have cameras
Old Oct 18, 04, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: statusless these days
Originally Posted by B Watson
BA, AA nor LH have cameras
I heard some story AA did have cams, but turned them off after an unfortnate incident sme 20-25 years ago.
Old Oct 18, 04, 8:28 pm

Programs: SQ TPP24, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Originally Posted by terenz
I heard some story AA did have cams, but turned them off after an unfortnate incident sme 20-25 years ago.
I remember quite vividly that CX had them some 15 years ago on all their aircraft. But more recently, IIRC, I have seen them on B773s.
Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: