Wiki Posts
Search

Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2004, 11:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Status Match

I was wondering if Krisflyer would do a status match of an AA Platinum (Emerald)? If so, what level would they comp me to?

Thanks,

Coathanger
Old Oct 8, 2004, 12:37 am

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Your best bet would be to get UA to comp you to Premier Executive. That is Star Alliance Gold to SQ. Then achieve KrisFlyer status by flying while enjoying your Star Alliance Gold status.
Old Oct 8, 2004, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by Coathanger

AA Platinum (Emerald)
I'm sure it's just an oversight, but

AA Exec Plat = OW Emerald
AA Plat = OW Sapphire

In any case, zvezda's suggestion would be the best course of action - after all, Krisflyer (pretty close to) never comps from what I know. Besides, Krisflyer Gold offers little extra compared to UA Premier Executive anyway - this includes the inability to access the Silver Kris lounge at SIN.
Old Oct 8, 2004, 9:56 am

What *G lounges are there in SIN for SQ passengers in Y?
Old Oct 8, 2004, 10:13 am

Programs: SQ TPP, SQ *G, MPC Gold, HHonours Diamond, Starwood Plat
Zvezda's is spot on. I have also never heard of SQ doing a Comp Status match especially in Singapore. As for the lounge question, all *A Gold Members travelling on SQ "Y" will have access to SATS Premier Lounge
. The lounge is not too bad but I would not want to spend too much time in there as it can get quite crowded and the food maynot be all that great

Here is the link to the Lounge Information that SQ Operates. Hope it helps
http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/app/...entSite=global

Here is a link to the SATS Premier lounge if you are interested in the photos of the surroundings and food offerings. Look under Singapore --> Singapore Airlines)
http://www.airlinemeals.net/indexLoungefood.html
Old Oct 9, 2004, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Coathanger
I was wondering if Krisflyer would do a status match of an AA Platinum (Emerald)? If so, what level would they comp me to?

Thanks,

Coathanger
Don't you mean PPS?

Which in any case, they don't comp!
Old Oct 10, 2004, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Don't you mean PPS?

Which in any case, they don't comp!
Not that they comp Krisflyer levels, but I think that Krisflyer Gold will be the closest equivalent to AA EXP, as PPS requires exclusively F or J class travels. (vs. AA EXP where they only require 66,667 miles per year in Full Y or 100,000 miles per year in Discount Y, for example)
Old Oct 15, 2004, 8:39 am

Programs: SQ PPS, LH SEN
Has anyone been successfully comped from SQ PPS to *gold level on other star A airlines or OW Sapphire level if so how do you go about getting the comp?
Old Oct 16, 2004, 7:06 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
If you are crediting miles to another FFP then would, on many (all?) FFPs be *G anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.