Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award availabaility question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2004, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Award availabaility question

I have some LH miles to burn and was thinking of a business class award ticket on SQ from LHR - SYD via SIN in March 2005.

I know nothing about SQ and was wondering how likely I am to find award availability in J on that route, whether it opens up early and then gets filled or whether it only comes onstream late in the day.

Is there any way of checking award availability through an online source if I am not an SQ FF member (or if I join for that purpose) ?

Any tips greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 6, 2004, 4:21 am

Programs: UAL, NWA, AA
You need to call your airline, because SQ seem to have various availability for various STAR mileage programes' members. Hence no reliable online source.
When I flew SQ on UAL miles, availability was fine 10 days before the flight, but in general it is bad with Europe even on paid full-business fares; I flew Sin to NZ award in low season.
Old Oct 6, 2004, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
I have some LH miles to burn and was thinking of a business class award ticket on SQ from LHR - SYD via SIN in March 2005.

I know nothing about SQ and was wondering how likely I am to find award availability in J on that route, whether it opens up early and then gets filled or whether it only comes onstream late in the day.

Is there any way of checking award availability through an online source if I am not an SQ FF member (or if I join for that purpose) ?

Any tips greatly appreciated.
I wish you good luck..

I have a similar problem in that I have an LH award all booked and ticketed for three persons which includes an SQ flight out of SYD-SIN....only trouble is that SQ would only open 2 seats on any one day, the result is i'm on the early flight and the wife and son are on a later flight, after numerous calls to LH they say it's SQ that won't open up more seats yet, SQ only alot 2 seats per flight in business, I called SQ who say talk to LH...who say ask SQ.
So i'm going round in circles, thing is that both of the flights I mentioned still have availability in business....
I did e/mail SQ about this and the reply was, well, strange in that they said before the start of your trip...contact LH....after the start of your trip...contact SQ, now i'm hoping that could mean they would alter things after the first flight had started

I know that my names mud in the Jumbo household...mrs Jumbo is not impressed at flying separately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.