Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Possibility of purchasing upgrades at the counter for SQ flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possibility of purchasing upgrades at the counter for SQ flights?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2004, 11:44 am

I have done this a few times on Thai - mostly medium haul. One time it was only 10$ as the ticket was issued outside of thailand (thus expensive) - but when calculating the fare difference between y and c they used the local Baht fare. If you know what the local special/discounted fares are you can also sometimes get away by just paying the difference in full Y and discounted C - which can be very little indeed.
Old Oct 5, 2004, 1:18 pm
In Memoriam

Location: Grand Rapids, MI USA UA 1K, AA EXP 1MM, SQ PPS, BA GOLD, Hyatt D, Hertz Plat and AMEX Cent
Originally Posted by MovieMan
Mhmmm, interesting. So you think that simply asking, "Is it possible to purchase an upgrade to C/F?" might not work because of how you word it?
I tend to think that SQ staff are trained to fear the ugly U word
Old Oct 5, 2004, 1:45 pm

Programs: UAL 1K
How about simply asking to pay up to the next class of service if there is availability? No mention of upgrade. Oh, sorry SQ- the "U' word.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.