Sq F Sin-kul

Old Oct 2, 04, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: HL Gold, SPG Platinum, HY Platinum, EY Gold Elite, EK Gold, LH Gold, AF Platinum
Sq F Sin-kul

Hi,

What kind of service SQ offers on this route? Do I have normal lounge access to First class lounge in SIN? Is this a special 777 as it has only two classes?

Thanks for the info.
Old Oct 2, 04, 8:10 am
In Memoriam

Location: Grand Rapids, MI USA UA 1K, AA EXP 1MM, SQ PPS, BA GOLD, Hyatt D, Hertz Plat and AMEX Cent
Originally Posted by hmattila
Hi,

What kind of service SQ offers on this route? Do I have normal lounge access to First class lounge in SIN? Is this a special 777 as it has only two classes?

Thanks for the info.
quick sandwich with full linen from normal F service

F lounge access and F check-in facility ex SIN

Yes it is a special 2 class 777
Old Oct 2, 04, 8:23 am

Programs: SQ PPS, LH SEN, Amex something, nothing everywhere else
Since it's such a short flight, everything has to be done at high speed. The crew are usually very good about it though. Not much time passes between getting your food served and the captain's announcement to the crew to prepare for landing.

The plane itself does not have "real" F seats, but you'll be in what's otherwise Raffles on longer flights. I've been in both the SpaceBed as well as a lesser seat.
Old Oct 2, 04, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
Service tends to start on the left side of the aircraft (facing the cockpit.. the A/C sides)... so try and get a seat there. Because by the time the meal cart comes to your side on the H/K side ... the pilot would have already made the "Cabin Crew, Prepare for Arrival" announcement and you'd have to wolf down your sandwich in a hurry!
Old Oct 3, 04, 6:22 am

Programs: UA1k 2.5MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
You get use of the F check in at Changi (if appropriate) and F lounge.

F on these 777's would be C class if used on a long haul. Sometimes they are spacebeds, more frequently old C seats (at least IME.)

Meal service is quick, as noted by others. But it is a small sandwich and sometimes also a small fruit plate or dessert. You won't have to gobble it down, although if you are in the back, the FA may be standing next to you waiting for you to finish eating so he/she can remove the tray. (My meal experiences on SQ have not been outstanding, but I have been surprised how tasty some of the snacks on this route have been.)

Occasionally, I get the premier access card for Malaysia immigration, if I don't, it is generally not a big problem at KUL.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: