Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Raffles class worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2004, 11:11 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Forgive me, but if money is not a concern, then one should travel in First.
If money were not a concern, I would never, ever travel in the misery of First Class. I would buy a Gulfstream 550 and place an order for a 7E7.
Old Oct 4, 2004, 12:19 am

Programs: SQ PPS, LH SEN, Amex something, nothing everywhere else
Originally Posted by zvezda
If money were not a concern, I would never, ever travel in the misery of First Class. I would buy a Gulfstream 550 and place an order for a 7E7.
If money were no concern, I'd do all of the above, plus fund a program to develop a suborbital hypersonic business jet, plus put a few billion into oddball research to make quantum teleportation a practical reality.
Old Oct 4, 2004, 2:24 am

Programs: SQ, HHonors, Priority Club
Originally Posted by WearyBizTrvlr
If money were no concern, I'd do all of the above, plus fund a program to develop a suborbital hypersonic business jet, plus put a few billion into oddball research to make quantum teleportation a practical reality.
Beam Me Up, Scottie
Old Oct 4, 2004, 7:34 am
In Memoriam

Location: Grand Rapids, MI USA UA 1K, AA EXP 1MM, SQ PPS, BA GOLD, Hyatt D, Hertz Plat and AMEX Cent
If money is no concern it is time to starting giving just enough of it away so that you respect what you have left.

That said, it is a personal judgment. I whine like a baby if I get stuck in J on a flight with no F so to me at least the value is there.
Old Oct 4, 2004, 9:41 am

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by ramondo
I'm still considering changing my booking to Cathay thru HKG or American thru NRT as I'm reading less then glowing things about Singapore all the time. But then keep seeing that they're the world's #1 in every survey.
Regardless of what you read of SQ, it remains, in many peoples' opinion, one of the best airlines in the world (and yes, when an airline with that to live up to slips even a little, a lot of people do complain). CX is comparable, but both of them are on a whole other league than AA (or any other US airline, for that matter). If you haven't ever flown SQ, I suggest you give it a try and form your own opinion. Let us know how it goes!

Last edited by MovieMan; Oct 4, 2004 at 9:43 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.