No more 'priority disembarkation'?

Old Nov 27, 2004, 12:19 am

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by StarG
Just wanted to check again with fellow FTers as I still see no 'priority disembarkation' policy being enforced on my previous several flights on SQ.
As far as I recall, all of my several SQ flights this month still enforced priority disembarkation policy. Unfortunately, on most of these I was behind the curtain...
Old Nov 27, 2004, 12:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Hmm.. let's see... so the FAs saw me boarding the aircraft and tell their colleagues, "Hey, let's do that no priority disembarkation thing again to get on Mr. StarG's nerves... "
Old Nov 27, 2004, 4:50 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Three SQ flights in the past month, always priority disembarkation.
Old Nov 27, 2004, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fimo
Three SQ flights in the past month, always priority disembarkation.
See?
At this rate of travel on SQ, you will be a TPP in no time.
By the way, I saw the new PPS card again somewhere in SKL SIN a few days ago, and I agree the new card is far less glamorous than the old one.

Last edited by StarG; Nov 27, 2004 at 5:18 am
Old Nov 27, 2004, 7:43 am

You assume I was front-side to the curtain on all three trips...

I have to make the SIN-KUL shuttle about once a month, so those are strictly back of the bus.
Old Nov 27, 2004, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fimo
You assume I was front-side to the curtain on all three trips...
I have to make the SIN-KUL shuttle about once a month, so those are strictly back of the bus.
I thought it was that NYC trip you were talking about - or have I been reading things...
Poor fimo... bearing it in coach...
Old Nov 27, 2004, 8:16 pm

Oh I did go to NYC, but also had 2 quick runs to KL before and after...
Old Nov 28, 2004, 7:29 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
No curtains were drawn for disembarkation between J and Y on my flight to BKK earlier this evening. The IFS said that they'd been leaving them open for a couple of months now.

Slightly OT, my last three SQ flights out of SIN this month haven't had any priority boarding enforced as well. Sure, the pre-boarding announcement was made, but before the actual boarding announcements the ground staff have opened the glass doors to the aerobridges and just waved everyone through before walking off.
Old Nov 28, 2004, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by StarG
Hmm.. let's see... so the FAs saw me boarding the aircraft and tell their colleagues, "Hey, let's do that no priority disembarkation thing again to get on Mr. StarG's nerves... "
2 SQ flights this month, and both had priority disembarkation. It really does seem to be a targeted enhancement - perhaps you can post your itinerary here so that we can avoid taking the same flights as you!
Old Nov 28, 2004, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA MP
Flew MEL-LHR and back last week in J, and in both directions they had priority disembarkation on the SIN-LHR leg, but none on the MEL-SIN leg. In fact it was pretty annoying on the SIN-MEL leg, as c-class cabin was over-run soon after landing, making it a struggle to get baggage out of over-head bins.

Perhaps they are only doing it on the 747 routes ? (the MEL-SIN legs were on a 777-300)
Old Nov 28, 2004, 6:04 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
You may be onto something there. All my recent flights with SQ incl priority disembarkation were 744's.
Old Nov 28, 2004, 7:09 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by Savage25
Slightly OT, my last three SQ flights out of SIN this month haven't had any priority boarding enforced as well. Sure, the pre-boarding announcement was made, but before the actual boarding announcements the ground staff have opened the glass doors to the aerobridges and just waved everyone through before walking off.
Not that anybody at SIN has ever checked whether those boarding actually are supposed to be. I'm actually surprised that there isn't (more of) a mad rush of people as soon as the pre-boarding announcement to switch off mobile phones is called.
Old Nov 28, 2004, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

My experience in SIN in regards to priority boarding is 50-50. Sometimes enforces, sometimes gate agent is just to busy with announcements and didn't care about the boarding order.

Hmm.... interesting. It just occured to me that ALL my flights with no priority disembarkation were B777s.
Old Nov 28, 2004, 7:38 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
There's your answer then - change to the A345 CGK-SIN flight and you'll be set
Old Nov 28, 2004, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by Optimus

Perhaps they are only doing it on the 747 routes ? (the MEL-SIN legs were on a 777-300)
Mumbai - Singapore is on a 777-300, but they usually seem to have priority disembarkation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.