Where to check SQ booking online?

Old Sep 21, 04, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Question Where to check SQ booking online?

I have used checkmytrip.com (an Amadeus system) to retrieve flight bookings for my relatives who fly with Qantas and British Airways (I have their PNR and surname). I have also used viewtrip.com (a Sabre system) to retrieve flight bookings for relatives who fly with Thai Airways and United Airlines. However, I cannot seem to do this for relatives who fly with Singapore Airlines. I have tried mytripandmore.com and virtuallythere.com. Does anyone know which reservation system Singapore Airlines uses? Also, has anyone tried to retrieve a flight booking with Singapore Airlines using any of the above 4 websites? Thanks.
Old Sep 21, 04, 6:24 pm

Programs: TK E+, BA Gold, Marriott/HH Gold, IC Amb, Hertz PC
If you booked it on singaporeair.com, you should be able to retrieve the booking using the "Retrieve Booking" link there.

If you booked directly with SQ over the phone, you will not be able to see the booking online as SQ uses a proprietary booking system AFAIK.

If your TA booked the tickets for you, they will provide you with two reference numbers - one is an SQ confirmation number, which you can give SQ if you want to call them directly and make changes to your itinerary or do a telephone checkin; the second will be a booking reference from the CRS that the TA uses (Amadeus, Galileo, Sabre, etc)....you will have to use the CRS booking reference number to use the respective online service (checkmytrip.com, viewtrip.com, virtuallythere.com, etc).

Note that if you make changes to your reservation by calling SQ directly, you may or may not see the change reflected in the CRS's online booking system - my TA uses viewtrip.com and only about 50% of the changes I make are reflected back, so if you make changes directly with SQ, ask them to fax you the revised itinerary.
Old Sep 21, 04, 6:28 pm
Moderator, CoronaVirus and Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Savage25
If you booked it on singaporeair.com, you should be able to retrieve the booking using the "Retrieve Booking" link there.
AFAIK you have to register on the website first (you dont need to register to make a booking and registering afterwards will not give access to previous bookings).
Old Sep 21, 04, 9:29 pm

Programs: SQ TPP25, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
If your TA booked the tickets for you, they will provide you with two reference numbers - one is an SQ confirmation number, which you can give SQ if you want to call them directly and make changes to your itinerary or do a telephone checkin; the second will be a booking reference from the CRS that the TA uses (Amadeus, Galileo, Sabre, etc)....you will have to use the CRS booking reference number to use the respective online service (checkmytrip.com, viewtrip.com, virtuallythere.com, etc).
Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't your TA have to put your e-mail address in your PNR first? Otherwise, you will get error messages even after you put in the CRS booking code.
Old Sep 21, 04, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Thank you Savage25 for your reply. Since we did not book online via Singapore website we could not retrieve the booking. And, I know that if we did that then we could retrieve the booking by logging into as a KrisFlyer member (and I am) - but only for my booking and no one else. Your saying that SQ may use a proprietary system probably explained why we could not retrieve the booking through one of the online reservation services. And, you are right about retrieving SQ flight booking through a travel agent. Last year, I booked some SQ flights through a TA and I noticed there were 2 reference numbers - using the TA's reference number I was able to retrieve the booking (and it also showed a different reference SQ number).
Old Sep 22, 04, 12:26 am

Programs: TK E+, BA Gold, Marriott/HH Gold, IC Amb, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by StarG
Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't your TA have to put your e-mail address in your PNR first? Otherwise, you will get error messages even after you put in the CRS booking code.
I think the email address is only required for virtuallythere.com - I have used viewtrip.com/Galileo and checkmytrip.com/Amadeus without the TA entering my email address (AFAIK)
Old Aug 11, 05, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Is the information in this thread still current? If you do not book using singaporeair.com, is there no way to view your booking online?

I have a UA issued award ticket on SQ which I would like to check up on. I just called SQ to BTC, and found that I no longer had 17K, which I had preassigned to me months ago. Luckily, 17H was still available. From what I have heard, these are the best Raffles seats on a 744...

Anyway, I wanted to check online every now and then to see that I did not get booted out of my seat again, is there now a way to do that?
Old Aug 11, 05, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think the email address is only required for virtuallythere.com - I have used viewtrip.com/Galileo and checkmytrip.com/Amadeus without the TA entering my email address (AFAIK)
I have booked several flights (SQ included) with TAs without giving away my email and have been able to view the itinearies at virtuallythere!
Old Aug 11, 05, 8:46 pm

On SQ's website, I can get a list of reservations I have, be it generated by a TA or SQ, when I check the 'check-in online' section, even when the flight is weeks or days ahead. But they do not provide seat assignment information.
Old Aug 11, 05, 11:24 pm

Programs: SQ TPP25, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Originally Posted by Chiangi
On SQ's website, I can get a list of reservations I have, be it generated by a TA or SQ, when I check the 'check-in online' section, even when the flight is weeks or days ahead. But they do not provide seat assignment information.
Yes, but do note that the list includes flights you have that are still on the waitlist (i.e., there is no way to tell which are the confirmed flights and which are not).
Old Aug 12, 05, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How very inconvinient! Thanks for the replies anyway
Old Aug 12, 05, 10:34 am

How to retrieve reward ticket booked by AC

I got *A reward ticket on SQ using my AC miles, and I got my confirmation #. HOwever, I tried all the various websites (i.e. viewtrip.com/Galileo and checkmytrip.com/Amadeus suggested below), but couldn't find my reservation. I also created a profile on SQ's website and tried to retrieve my reservation, but with no luck.

any other ideas?

thx
Old Aug 12, 05, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by qasr
I just called SQ to BTC, and found that I no longer had 17K, which I had preassigned to me months ago. Luckily, 17H was still available. From what I have heard, these are the best Raffles seats on a 744...
My GF and I had 17HK respectively three months ago on SIN-LHR, and it certainly was the best BC seat/location we could have ever asked for. ^ Consider yourself lucky!
Old Aug 13, 05, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rejuvenated
My GF and I had 17HK respectively three months ago on SIN-LHR, and it certainly was the best BC seat/location we could have ever asked for. ^ Consider yourself lucky!
I'll consider myself lucky when I get the BP with 17H printed on it ...or anything less than 5
Old Aug 13, 05, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by qasr
I'll consider myself lucky when I get the BP with 17H printed on it ...or anything less than 5
Relax!!

From experience, the more you fret the higher the undesirable becomes a reality!

Just like you, our Raffles was under an Aeroplan booking reward where after AE confirmed the booking for us, we immediately phoned SQ to reserve those seats. From there on till the day we flew out, we never called SQ or AE back nor check routinely on the booking to ensure the seats have not been changed.

Last edited by Rejuvenated; Aug 13, 05 at 3:50 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: