Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

No Bottled Water in Raffles? also best seat in 747-400? 777-300? & A340-500

No Bottled Water in Raffles? also best seat in 747-400? 777-300? & A340-500

Old Sep 21, 04, 10:11 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Question No Bottled Water in Raffles? also best seat in 747-400? 777-300? & A340-500

Hi All,

I will be flying Raflles with my pregnant wife in Dec. I just saw on the post that there is no bottled water in Raffless class, is that true? That is so strange, I flew BA on Econ before and they gave you small bottle Evian everytime you ask for water. I think CX on Econ & Biz also gave you bottle water. I cannot believe SQ would not give that.

Also what is the best seat in 747-400 layout 4? 22 H & K? Is the leg room shorter than normal seat because of the cut off?

I do not want the upper floor for the conveniency of my wife.

How about 777-300? & A340-500?

Thank you all for the information. This will be the first time we fly raffless on SQ.
Old Sep 21, 04, 10:34 am

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by fredylee
Hi All,

I will be flying Raflles with my pregnant wife in Dec. I just saw on the post that there is no bottled water in Raffless class, is that true? That is so strange, I flew BA on Econ before and they gave you small bottle Evian everytime you ask for water. I think CX on Econ & Biz also gave you bottle water. I cannot believe SQ would not give that.
Just flew SQ20 SIN-LAX in Raffles, and right after dinner the crew handed out small bottles of Evian, and replaced them when empty. Have had similar experiences on other SQ flights. You'll have no problem getting water whenever you need it, even if you don't receive individual bottles.
Old Sep 21, 04, 10:35 am

Programs: UA 1K (1 mm miler) ; AA plat (2 mm miler); Marriott lifetime Plat, SPG Gold
There may be only a limited number of small bottles which are given to passengers. However, they certainly load adequate bottled water and are very good about keeping your glass refilled. If you're concerned, they will probably give you a large bottle for the flight.
Old Sep 21, 04, 11:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks for the info about water. I almost worried there. It sounded so unreasonable if they do not give out bottled water. It is not the bottle that I am worry about. If they put bottled water on a glass, I am still fine with it. I was worry that they may give you tap water (recycled water from airline tap).

I just watch the news just a couple of days ago about how contaminated those tap water really are. Of every airline in US that they checked, each water carry somekind of bacteria. so watch out if you try to drink tap water or try to wash your face with it.
Old Sep 21, 04, 11:22 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, SPG LTP, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by MovieMan
Just flew SQ20 SIN-LAX in Raffles, and right after dinner the crew handed out small bottles of Evian, and replaced them when empty.
Same here on SQ22 SIN-EWR last week.
Old Sep 21, 04, 1:54 pm
Moderator, CoronaVirus and Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Welcome to FT fredylee

Yes SQ certainly uses bottled water. I find they tend to hand out the bottles more freely on the ultra longhauls (between SIN and LAX or EWR) than on other routes. However if they dont hand out early in the flight, just ask (say you want a large bottle) and there will be no problems getting it.

Your wife will probably want row 22 aisle seat. Easiest to get in and out of and reasonable space. The drawback is less pocket space (the pocket on bulkhead isnt as big or convenient as those on seatbacks.

Enjoy your flight(s).
Old Sep 23, 04, 9:04 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & All Wines Argentine
Having just flown SIN-FRA in J, I can assure you that bottled water is still very plentiful. You even get 1 or 2 bottles taken to your seat before you retire.... rest assure you will be well hydrated...
Old Sep 24, 04, 2:32 am

Programs: SQ TPP, SQ *G, MPC Gold, HHonours Diamond, Starwood Plat
I was on SQ998 SIN - NRT in Class J on UD on Wed night. The Chief Steward asked if I wanted a bottle of water and passed me a bottle of Evian quite readily. So I do not think u would have an issue with "Bottled Water Rationing" on SQ. Enjoy ur SQ flight
Old Sep 24, 04, 4:20 am

Just flew SFO-HKG in Raffles and didn't see the small Evian bottles. They were using Crystal Geyser to fill the glasses though. In regards to seat assignments, I would try to get Row 17 if you can. It can be quite cumbersome to get out of your seat if you have the window seat and your wife who has the aisle is sleeping.
Old Sep 24, 04, 4:33 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Once again, thank you all for the information. Crystal - Evian and other bottled water will do. ^_^

BTW, This is my first time with SQ Raffless. Based on the review and it's good milleage rewards with Star Alliance relation, I think I will make a switch from CX to SQ. Best reward can be taken using United or US Airways

About the seat, I will put my wife in window, and I will be in the isle. I do not mind waking up or standing up for my wife. As she may be more uneasy to wake up in her condition (about 5 m pregnant at that time). She also like it better when there is a little bit more people and space surround her. So we opt for the lower cabin with 22H-K on 747-400 and 11 H-K for 777-500 and 11 A-C for A340-500.

Any more suggestion about the seating arrangement will be nice. Thank you all once again.
Old Sep 25, 04, 12:50 am

Angry Not on SIN-JNB flights (vv)

I just did my SIN-JNB r/t and on neither flight did they distribute bottle water to the passengers. These flights were about 10-11 hours long. So I don't know what's the criteria of a long-haul for SQ.
Old Sep 25, 04, 8:06 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by SeaMeFly
I just did my SIN-JNB r/t and on neither flight did they distribute bottle water to the passengers. These flights were about 10-11 hours long. So I don't know what's the criteria of a long-haul for SQ.
Well, you could also just ask for it.

What class were you flying, btw?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: