Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'Singapore Girl' Photos

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2004, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

'Singapore Girl' Photos

My apologies if this has already been posted, but I came across a WebShots album this afternoon with some great photos of the 'Singapore Girl' training process. Serves as a nice departure from the 'robotic' mentality that people sometimes complain about.

http://community.webshots.com/user/estelleho
Old Sep 21, 2004, 10:51 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA EXP & UA Gold
Lovely! Thanks daniel.
Old Sep 21, 2004, 5:31 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by danielmhd
My apologies if this has already been posted, but I came across a WebShots album this afternoon with some great photos of the 'Singapore Girl' training process. Serves as a nice departure from the 'robotic' mentality that people sometimes complain about.

http://community.webshots.com/user/estelleho
Now now...did you find it after a google search for "Singapore Girl"?
Old Sep 21, 2004, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Savage25
Now now...did you find it after a google search for "Singapore Girl"?
Hehe. No, actually, "Singapore Girl" does not aptly describe my particular predilection. I found the site while searching Webshots for SQ photos.

Also note- "Estelleho" links to a similar album of photos at this address:

http://community.webshots.com/user/sq_821
Old Sep 23, 2004, 9:14 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Where is the moderator...??!!!! This thread is gonna start going downhill in no time !!!!

Old Sep 23, 2004, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Where is the moderator...??!!!! This thread is gonna start going downhill in no time !!!!

I guess I'm not really understanding your implication. These are just a couple of interesting links about the SQ F/A training process.

Incidentally, someone at Airliners.net said that USAToday(?) had done an indepth story about SQ cabin crew. And then a bunch of people posted historical photos of SQ uniforms.

http://www.airliners.net/discussions....main/1749281/
Old Sep 27, 2004, 8:56 pm

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by danielmhd
I guess I'm not really understanding your implication.
Sorry.... its kind of an insider joke....
Old Sep 27, 2004, 11:53 pm

Programs: UA 2P
Also see this photo album
http://community.webshots.com/user/sq_821
Old Sep 28, 2004, 4:03 am

great post! perhaps the most animated we'll see SQ FAs in the cabin... 99.99% of the time anyway.
Old Sep 28, 2004, 8:58 am

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by milehighj
great post! perhaps the most animated we'll see SQ FAs in the cabin... 99.99% of the time anyway.
Great! So it's not like 'The Stepford FAs' after all!

(just caught the movie on SQ19 )
Old Sep 29, 2004, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Talking

And perhaps you'dd like to know that each and every Sarong Kebaya is tailor made to fit each and every girl specific to her very exact measurements! ie one girl's uniform can't fit another!

And these are the real uniforms.. .not like the tourist knock-off's you find along Orchard Road!
Old Sep 29, 2004, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
And perhaps you'dd like to know that each and every Sarong Kebaya is tailor made to fit each and every girl specific to her very exact measurements! ie one girl's uniform can't fit another!

And these are the real uniforms.. .not like the tourist knock-off's you find along Orchard Road!
Tell us the details about the optional padding.....
Old Sep 29, 2004, 7:46 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Tell us the details about the optional padding.....
Optional? They have a "recommended" one

And they have been known to be suspended from flying duties if they get a little too plump for those fitted uniforms before the next year's fitting comes aorund...
Old Sep 29, 2004, 8:39 am

Programs: SQ KF Gold
Originally Posted by Savage25
Optional? They have a "recommended" one

And they have been known to be suspended from flying duties if they get a little too plump for those fitted uniforms before the next year's fitting comes aorund...
Do the SQ girls get gym memberships on the job? It must require quite a bit of diligence to burn off any extra calories and to maintain the shape...
Old Sep 29, 2004, 9:15 pm

Programs: PPS Club
Originally Posted by DoctorWu
Do the SQ girls get gym memberships on the job? It must require quite a bit of diligence to burn off any extra calories and to maintain the shape...
to add further, they would be warned by their IFS and suspended from flying shd the gals be overshape or there are too many pimples on their face.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.