Wiki Posts
Search

Changi Terminal 3 & Renovations

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2004, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Changi Terminal 3 & Renovations

I pased through Changi in July and saw them renovating Terminal 2 as well as them putting in the foundations & supports for the roof for Terminal 3. Does anyone know what improvements are being made the the old terminals and also when does Terminal 3 come into operation? I have read conflicting dates of 2006 or 2008.

I can't wait to see what kind of lounge SQ put in T3 to compete with CX The Wing & The Pier. Hopefully its spectacular! :-:
Old Sep 13, 2004, 8:44 am

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
According to the book "Designing the World's Best: Singapore Changi Airport" by Nirmal Kishnani, the projected opening of SIN T3 is 2007.
The focus in T3 is on natural light. Looking at the design pictures, it looks like it is going to be very nice.
Correct me if I am wrong: I feel T2 has more natural lights nowadays - is this what the renovation is all about?

I too can't wait for the new SQ lounge in T3.
Old Sep 13, 2004, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
There definitely is more light with the new renovations, which I guess is to bring T1 & T2 into line with the new terminal. Also, they seemed to be upgrading the finish of the airport using marble and floor to ceiling glass in the departure hall. The part next to the SQ First Class Check-In area had just been finished and looks great.

I think that the end result would be that Changi will look very modern and luxurious without being cold or minimalist, like HKIA.
Old Sep 13, 2004, 7:24 pm

Programs: EY Plat, IHG Plat Amb
Treminal 1 is starting to look rather old. AFAIK know they want SQ to move to T3 in 2008 when it opens, all the alliances to move to T2 (*A, OW & ST) and all the independant carriers in T1. then all the LCC can go to the LCC terminal (T4), which will be finished way before T3 although they havent started yet.
Old Sep 13, 2004, 8:40 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
So I guess the A380 will operate first out of the old terminals....?
Old Sep 14, 2004, 2:37 am

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by Coathanger
Does anyone know what improvements are being made the the old terminals and also when does Terminal 3 come into operation? I have read conflicting dates of 2006 or 2008.
The Changi website says "early 2008."
Old Sep 14, 2004, 2:38 am

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion

Last edited by MovieMan; Sep 14, 2004 at 2:42 am Reason: Misunderstood the question!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.