Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

CNN Bus. Traveller tomorrow on SQ SIN-EWR flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2004, 1:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,

For those who can tolerate Richard Quest, there is a small feature of him on board the SIN-EWR flight on tomorrow nights programme.
Old Sep 11, 2004, 5:36 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ PPS Solitaire, AC Super Elite, AA Executive Platinum, CX Invitation
Apparently, the CNN Business Traveller show will focus on the best business class beds in tomorrow's programme and it will certainly be not praising SQ with the SpaceBeds except the credits will be given to South African Airways' Business Class as per Skytrax's comments. Then again, Skytrax is a JOKE from my opinion.
Old Sep 11, 2004, 6:35 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
For those who can tolerate Richard Quest, there is a small feature of him on board the SIN-EWR flight on tomorrow nights programme.
I pity the poor person who had to sit next to him for 18 hours on that flight
Old Sep 11, 2004, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Savage25
Totally.... what kind of journalist goes from working for BBC to CNN anyway ?!?!
Old Sep 11, 2004, 4:59 pm
In Memoriam

Location: Grand Rapids, MI USA UA 1K, AA EXP 1MM, SQ PPS, BA GOLD, Hyatt D, Hertz Plat and AMEX Cent
Originally Posted by zhaobao
Totally.... what kind of journalist goes from working for BBC to CNN anyway ?!?!
Old Sep 11, 2004, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You bad people. Richard Quest is an FT'er. So don't mock a fellow member!
Old Sep 11, 2004, 7:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ PPS Solitaire, AC Super Elite, AA Executive Platinum, CX Invitation
For a moderator, B Watson can behaviour in an inmature manner. I am totally shocked by his Private Messages sent to me.

and to insert "big grin" symbols about Richard Quest and his character is not tolerable, especially the way he communicates with me on Private Messages. You should read some of the messages he has sent me. I am totally offended.

B Watson, I seek an apology from you. I will also report this matter to Randy Peterson and I hope he will strip away your priviledges as a moderator on this forum.
Old Sep 11, 2004, 11:06 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by Guy Nikki
For a moderator, B Watson can behaviour in an inmature manner. I am totally shocked by his Private Messages sent to me.

and to insert "big grin" symbols about Richard Quest and his character is not tolerable, especially the way he communicates with me on Private Messages. You should read some of the messages he has sent me. I am totally offended.

B Watson, I seek an apology from you. I will also report this matter to Randy Peterson and I hope he will strip away your priviledges as a moderator on this forum.
Huh???
Old Sep 12, 2004, 12:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,

I think it's about time you grew up, as your immaturity is mind boggling. Each time you get banned you come up with a new name and totally different supposed FF status, which nobody actually believes. I presume your SENTOR status expired in the last 10 days, did you swap it for your ACSE and AA status ?

May I suggest Walter Mitty for your next 'name'.

Last edited by MAN Flyer; Sep 12, 2004 at 10:23 am
Old Sep 12, 2004, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Savage25
I couldn't tolerate Richard Quest when I was at University with him, and thank God he didn't have much time for me either.
Old Sep 12, 2004, 8:33 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Talk about timing...I just finished watching the F1 race and switched to CNN and whats the first thing I hear? "For viewers in Asia, Business Traveller is next"...
Old Sep 12, 2004, 8:51 am

Aaargh! You think with modern technology they could modulate his voice or something to make it sound better.

CNN is nuts...they are talking about ultra-long haul flights and showing a plane with two engines mounted near the tail landing - possibly a 717 or an MD8x?

They showed the A380 as well....it looks like a bloated Airbus. Still, I'm probably going to be on the inaugural flight for that.

The mockup of the 7E7 interior was interesting....huge windows! The economy cabin also looks larger without the center bins.
Old Sep 12, 2004, 11:42 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I agree Richard Quest is very irritating. I'd love to see the report, but living in the US don't get CNNI.
Old Sep 12, 2004, 12:00 pm
In Memoriam

Location: Grand Rapids, MI USA UA 1K, AA EXP 1MM, SQ PPS, BA GOLD, Hyatt D, Hertz Plat and AMEX Cent

Sorry to hijack this thread, but...

Not that anyone really cares, but let me update the saga. Frankly, I have given a fair amount of thought on whether it is appropriate to post this comment publicly, but this individual has caused such aggravation and distraction on the SQ and CX boards over the past year that I believe it requires discussion.

I sent him a PM asking from where he had been posting from over the last few weeks. I then responded to his cities by asking:

1) If he had been in YYZ.TPE and BKK why all posts came from an Australian ISP and;
2) Why he has the same IP address as:

AviAsian
OneWorldFan
SQPPSClub
SQPPSSolitaire
CXCargo
StarAllianceFan
SkyAsia
TigerAirways

These are of course former banned users ID’s that we all know well.

Naturally, I have received no response to my PM (unless you count the post above)

I am electing to air this dirty linen in public since this singe user has continuously been attacking various members of this board. I have received emails and PM’s from people saying that they no longer what to visit the SQ and CX board as a result of this user. I will simply not allow a single recalcitrant individual to dilute the value of this incredible tool and cause angst in what is a rather close community here on SQ and CX.

In the past I have been too slow to act in dealing with this person and I apologize to you all for my failure to decisively and quickly resolve the matter. In the future I will instantly ban any new users from this IP address (it is shared by no other “legit” FT members) and will work the FT administration to block that IP from registering again.

Thank you for your understanding – FYI – I am cross posting this to CX as well

B Watson
Old Sep 12, 2004, 11:16 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, UA 1K MM
I guess it's always a matter of personal opinion, but I'm a big Richard Quest fan. A good friend actually works with him at CNN London and speaks quite highly of him.

I've always enjoyed watching him and the fact that he is, apparently, a good person to work with gives him extra points in my book.

Just felt like defending him...I made a point of getting the CNN International feed at home in San Francisco just so I could watch him on what used to be BizNews.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.