Sapcebed differences 345 VS 744

Old Nov 19, 04, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by stargold
I am smiling at the thought of some poor sod on the aisle seat finding me (5'11" and not slim!) trying to access the aisle and climbing over his seat, one leg over, the other leg still on the other side. Is it just me, or will his view be not exactly flattering if he was fully reclined, at the said point of aisle access??
That would depend on two things:

1) If he was sleeping on his back, front or side

2) More importantly - if he was awake to witness this event or not.
Old Nov 19, 04, 3:03 pm
Moderator, CoronaVirus and Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Jaffar
Pitch: The A345 is supposed to have 6" more seat pitch. True, I could feel slightly more leg space on the A345. But again it doesn't make much difference because the bed still reclines to an 8 degree angle.
Where it does make a big difference is making it easier to get in & out from window seat.
Old Jun 28, 05, 7:50 pm

Programs: The opinions expressed may not reflect the airlines I work for. However, they may make you smile!
Thought I would resurrect this thread

I'm on the A345 LAX-SIN in Raffles this November. I greatly prefer center aisle seats since I like to get up without disturbing my seatmate.

Someone suggested the 2 bulkheads (11D, 11G, 16D, 16G) since they might have more legroom. Is this true? I like to store my laptop bag near my feet while in the air.

What about light and noise from the lavatories and galley? Is one better than the other?

I found that on the 744 upper deck, I much prefer 11H bulkhead aisle over 11C, since not all 744s have buttons to secure the lavatory/cockpit curtain, and quite often, on the 744s that do have them, most non-bulkhead pax forget to re-secure the curtain anyway (which causes light to shine on 11C in the middle of the night).

What about on the A345?

p.s. If you don't recommend bulkheads for the reasons above, would you recommend the front cabin over the back cabin?
Old Jun 28, 05, 7:59 pm
Moderator, CoronaVirus and Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Wont be able to store laptop bag near your feet on any spacebed on any a/c. When not using laptop it will need to be stowed in overhead bin or in closet. There is no underseat storage (except small cubbyhole for shoes) and I dont think there's much space on the floor - could easily get broken.

On the A345 I think there's less traffic in the front cabin so light may be less of an issue there.
Old Mar 9, 06, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA 3MM CK, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, GP Courtesy Card, Marriott LT Titanium
Was just looking on seatguru, and noticed that they list the seat pitch and width on the aircrafts.. maybe they still haven't fixed the widths yet, but who knows:

345 Raffles 64" pitch 22" width
744 Raffles 58" pitch 20" width
777ER Raffles 57" pitch 22" width

It seems they are saying the 2-2-2 config planes have 2" wider raffles seats, while the 2-3-2 ones are narrower. The logic makes sense to me, since I have only been in a Spacebed seat once on the upper deck of a 744, so I have nothing to compare that with...
Old Mar 9, 06, 10:00 pm

The spacebeds can be installed with a pitch of 58"?

That's an impressive use of space ^

Cheers
Old Mar 10, 06, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Morrissey
I'm looking at the SeatGuru maps for the 747 and the 345. Does the 747 really have 58" seat pitch in Raffles Class compared to 78" inches on the 345, or is that just a typo? That's 20" inches difference. I've flown Raffles on the 345, and the pitch sure didn't seem THAT big!
Seatguru is full of mistakes.
Old Mar 10, 06, 7:54 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, SPG, Hyatt
And only 57" for the 777-ER Space Bed? Amazing! This makes me never want to have them.

Previously it has been suggested that the 345 Space Beds are only one inch thinner. But Seat Guru says the 744s are the thinnest, which does make sense. Then again, lots of errors.

Does anyone know the real truth in comparing the pitch and width of the Spac Beds on the 345/747/777?
Old Mar 12, 06, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by DullesJason
And only 57" for the 777-ER Space Bed? Amazing! This makes me never want to have them.

Previously it has been suggested that the 345 Space Beds are only one inch thinner. But Seat Guru says the 744s are the thinnest, which does make sense. Then again, lots of errors.

Does anyone know the real truth in comparing the pitch and width of the Spac Beds on the 345/747/777?

I wouldn't call my word the gospel truth, but i'm fairly certain that the 345 Spacebeds are narrower than 744 ones. The widest, i think, are those found on the 772ER. I'll get my tape measure out the next time I'm aboard.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: