Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

'Lounge' on board A345s, which is better?

Old Sep 1, 2004, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ PPS, NW WorldPerks, Asia Miles

i am flying SIN-LAX on SQ20 sept 11 (God Bless Me!)

i have heard many people say the 'lounge'/ rest/ snacks area in EY on board the A345 is more happening than in J.

i upgraded from Y-C using miles and was wondering if fellow FT members has had the same experiences as i have been told? if true, i may walk all the way to Y to have a good chat with fellow passengers.

please advise.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 9:37 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Yes definitely better down the end past econ (in all my A345 flights).

While J has a snack area it is near the toilets and galley and barely big enough to fit 2 or 3 pax. Down the end is much larger, away from loos and galley, more windows to see out of.

On the inaugural EWR-SIN we had several FTers and others plus a handful of reporters and even crew (including pilots) from time to time all in that area. Was great!!
Old Sep 1, 2004, 10:01 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
I flew this flight in Raffles, and frankly, the "rest" area isn't worth hanging around, unless you want to chat up one of the Singapore Girls. It's right next to the galley and the loos and one of the exit doors. It's all very cramped. If you stand around there, it really just feels like you're standing in the galley and getting in everyone's way!

I never made it back to the Y rest area, but in looking at the photos of it, it looks a lot more "happening" and larger than the J one!

(BTW, don't worry about the long flight times...it goes by quickly with the excellent Wisemen system ^ )
Old Sep 1, 2004, 11:28 pm

Programs: UA 1KMMGS, EK Skywards Silver, SPG Gold,
I can't tell you about the Raffles area, but on all the flights I've been on, the rear lounge area has been great. The crew seemed pretty pleased to just sit back and chat, they have a big bowl of perfect fruit to munch on (and lots of bad stuff too). If it weren;t for all the movies i wanted to catch up on, I'd probably spend a good part of the flight there
Old Sep 1, 2004, 11:43 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
We did!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 2, 2004, 3:15 am

Programs: ROP Gold
Talking

The Y-section are abviously bigger, but the Raffle Class area have beter stuff...eg. better wine etc..
Old Sep 3, 2004, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ PPS, NW WorldPerks, Asia Miles
Thanks

Thanks a million.

your feedbacks are exactly what i heard before which confirms it. i guess i will head on down to the Y 'lounge' and see if i can find anyone to talk to. otherwise it's back to good old wisemen

thanks again.

Moses
Old Sep 3, 2004, 2:35 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Same here. I'm sat next to the Raffles 'Lounge' on SIN-EWR on 18 Sep, but it sounds like all the fun is down the back end .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.