Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Good & Bad Business seats 772/773 with no spacebeds?

Old Aug 10, 2004, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBG, LH SEN.

Pls can you give your suggestion on which seat to choose for a 5 hour flight SIN-PVG, in October, never having flewn SQ before, appreicate any hints, and seats to be avoided ?.
Old Aug 10, 2004, 7:07 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, Marriott Life Gold
Which Class?

Just flew this sector 4 times in the last couple of months in Raffles. I assume you will fly Raffles as economy does not offer the choice of pre-booked seats.

The usual rule applies - the middle seats in the center aisle are not great. Everything else is window or aisle - so take your pick. Try and take the dinner service flights that take off around 1630 each way - but they do tend to be more crowded. The midnight timing flights are emptier and if you take a center aisle seat, you will likely have an empty seat next to you. Also, do ask your agent/SQ if the flight is likely to have the on-demand Inflight Enterntainment - big difference in screen size and larger choice of movies. However, on this sector they switch planes around sometimes...

In economy, if you are already a Krisflyer member, you can check in on the internet upto 48 hours before. Else check-in early for your choice of seat (most bulkhead, ahead of the wing seats, will be booked though).
Old Aug 12, 2004, 7:00 am

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
If you have the luxury of choice, opt for the B772 flights as Raffles Class on the aircraft is split into two small cabins, giving you more sense of personal service. B773 Raffles cabin is one huge cabin of 7 rows, my least favourite among the SQ fleet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.