FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   First Class seating on 777 aircraft (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/340633-first-class-seating-777-aircraft.html)

bnova72 Jul 26, 2004 8:25 pm

First Class seating on 777 aircraft

Warm greetings! Do any of you have any experience flying SQ's First Class on their 777 aircraft? If so, would you have a recommendation in selecting a seat on this plane? Lastly, are the seats on this aircraft in 1st comfortable? Any feedback you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time and help with this one. Cheers!

kyushuman Jul 26, 2004 8:56 pm

I have a similar question. I right now have an F class ticket HKG-SIN on a 16:00 flight, and am on the wait list for an 18:30 departure, which is a 747. Both flights are listed as a "dinner" service. Will this be similar to the SIN-BKK dinner services I've had, or more elaborate, given the slightly longer flying time (1:55 vs. 3:35)?
I know it's not the first suite on the 777, so what else is different? Is there any difference in service between F class on an intra-Asia 777 and a 747? I will be flying SIN-BKK and then HKG-SIN....thanks!

StarG Jul 27, 2004 12:34 am

This thread might be a relevant read.

skye Jul 27, 2004 1:31 am

Hahaha! :)

SAtransplant Jul 27, 2004 5:10 am

I recently flew CMB-SIN in F on an SQ 777.

2 X 2 X 2 seating, so for a single pax on a full flight, the middle seats are attractive.

The seats seemed only slightly better to me than lie flat J class on CX or SQ. Not to be confused with the luxury of a suite.

CGK Jul 27, 2004 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by kyushuman
I have a similar question. I right now have an F class ticket HKG-SIN on a 16:00 flight, and am on the wait list for an 18:30 departure, which is a 747. Both flights are listed as a "dinner" service. Will this be similar to the SIN-BKK dinner services I've had, or more elaborate, given the slightly longer flying time (1:55 vs. 3:35)?
I know it's not the first suite on the 777, so what else is different? Is there any difference in service between F class on an intra-Asia 777 and a 747? I will be flying SIN-BKK and then HKG-SIN....thanks!

Since SIN-HKG is more than 3 hours and to BKK is only 2 hours, the dinner service to HKG is much more elaborate (I remember there was caviar served on board). It's like the long haul dinner. That's what I experienced taking SQ2 SIN-HKG. And guys, if you can get 744 the F seat is a mile away better then the 777.

skye Jul 27, 2004 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by CGK
And guys, if you can get 744 the F seat is a mile away better then the 777.

Of course! That's why we're hoping for aircraft change. ;)