FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   F Miles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/340017-f-miles.html)

vivamuci Jul 24, 2004 4:15 am

F Miles

Dear All,

I collect my miles currently on LH but as I move to BKK and will be on BKK SIN LAX in F quite often I wonder what the bonus for F is.
Website says 1,5 but I read somewhere that for PPS Member you get like on LH triple miles. Is that true ? How about tierbonus ?

Thanx for your help

zvezda Jul 24, 2004 4:21 am

The website is correct. Tier bonus is 25% for SQ flights credited to KF. In general, mileage accrual on SQ in KF is decent in Y, poor in J and F. M&M or BD's DC would probably be a better choice. The only advantage of earning KF miles is that they can uniquely be used to upgrade SQ flights.

Guy Betsy Jul 24, 2004 11:25 am

You get 3x miles plus tier bonus between now and July 31st. After that, it's without the tier bonus when you credit on LH's M&M. Your loyalty points will still be going to PPS.

vivamuci Jul 24, 2004 1:19 pm

I am not PPS Memeber yet, if I sign up can I credit loyalty points towards SQ and collect miles on LH even though I would be simply Krisflyer Member in the beginning ? And then what are my benefits ? Are there any further advantages that I do not have as ticketed F passenger ?

Gaucho100K Jul 24, 2004 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by vivamuci
I am not PPS Memeber yet, if I sign up can I credit loyalty points towards SQ and collect miles on LH even though I would be simply Krisflyer Member in the beginning ? And then what are my benefits ? Are there any further advantages that I do not have as ticketed F passenger ?

Yes, you will automatically move from KF member to PPS member once you have sufficient amount of flight sectors. There are indeed more advantages, but they are mostly in the form of perks/gifts related to the loyalty program, lounge access rights, etc. etc.

zvezda Jul 24, 2004 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by vivamuci

SQ takes care of their passengers more in accordance with fare paid than by status. As a C fare passenger, PPS is nice to have and makes a difference. As an F passenger, SQ will bend over backwards for you even without status.

ws8n Jul 24, 2004 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by zvezda
As an F passenger, SQ will bend over backwards for you even without status.

This is so funny .... :D

So after Aug 1st, one will get 300% on SQ F instead of 375% for LH Sen? Is the LH 1 SWU per 50k EQM no longer valid after Aug 1st as well?

PERRL Jul 26, 2004 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by ws8n
So after Aug 1st, one will get 300% on SQ F instead of 375% for LH Sen? Is the LH 1 SWU per 50k EQM no longer valid after Aug 1st as well?

(Fixed because I got confused)

It's 325% on LH and 300% on SQ

In other words, it went from
3 * (100% + 25%) = 375% on LH or SQ
to
(3 * 100%) + 25% = 325% on LH
and to
3 * 100% on SQ.

Kiwi Flyer Jul 26, 2004 9:06 pm

325% for M&M SEN/FTL and flying F on LH/OS/LO/UA, 300% if flying F on other *A incl SQ (no 25% SEN/FTL bonus on SQ etc).

Patron Jul 26, 2004 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by ws8n
Is the LH 1 SWU per 50k EQM no longer valid after Aug 1st as well?

EVouchers never expire.

After July 31st 2004 SEN upgrade vouchers will no longer be issued for the accrual of 50K status M&M miles. On August 1st 2004, all SEN cardholders who at that time have earned 25K status M&M miles or more towards obtaining their next eVoucher will receive an eVoucher.

You will receive two Upgrade vouchers each time you requalify for SEN status.

Your new Miles & More