Silver Kris Lounge - SIN - Questions

Old Jul 20, 04, 6:40 pm
Original Poster
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Silver Kris Lounge - SIN - Questions

Hi,

First time through the Silver Kris Lounge SIN on my way to JNB... Just a few questions and observation.. as I didn't quite seem to figure them out when I was there.

(1) Is the lounge open 24 hours? I flew in around 5am in the morning, and to my surprise the Lounge was open (and it seemed opened for quite a while).. My flight to JNB that evening was around midnight... Again, the lounge was full of people close to midnight.

(2) Was planning to use the shower facility at SIN .. But decided against it because I had a quick peak of the shower facility... It didnt look like a lot of room in to bring my roll over carryon bag.. (It didnt look all that private and it was quite dark - I didnt quite feel like wanting to take a shower in that room)... My observation was based on seeing only one of the rooms, so could be wrong.. Anyone else feel this way?

(3) A general observation - why is the lounge so dark (without a window in site)! I felt like I was in a funeral parlor... Again just my observation.. I was going to stay in the lounge for a while, but after seeing it, decided I had to get out for some sunshine.... and checked into the FS hotel for 10 hours.

Last edited by ACfly; Jul 20, 04 at 6:43 pm Reason: Added point 3
Old Jul 20, 04, 7:21 pm

Programs: Starwood Banned, Marriott Plat, UA 1K MM,
SKL's are open 24 hours. The rooms are not huge, they are just shower, and sink, no toliet etc hence not large like some "suites" I can always bring a carryon in. Personally I don't see a need for a hotel. The slumber rooms are great. Especially #4 I believe where it has a message chair/bed to nap in. I have spent the night in the lounge quite a few times And with all the KRUG you can drink, why leave? I personally have not been bothered by the lack of windows, but it would be nice to be able to see the planes..
Old Jul 20, 04, 7:26 pm
Original Poster
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Ryan,

Are you referencing the 1st class lounge? I didnt remember seeing KRUG or sleeping room?
Old Jul 20, 04, 8:16 pm

Programs: Starwood Banned, Marriott Plat, UA 1K MM,
Yes, sorry for not mentioning that. There are no slumber rooms in the J lounge, just a public space with the lounge seats. and a $35 or so champange...
Old Jul 20, 04, 9:11 pm

Programs: SQ TPP25, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
SQ used to have 'suites' bathrooms (showers, toilet in the same room) in their SKL SIN before the renovations. After the renovations, they split those into three types of rooms:
- Shower rooms
- Powder rooms (just sink)
- Toilets

There are enough room in the shower rooms to put my rollaway bag comfortably. And you can lock the door , so I am not really sure what you meant by it being not private.

I too think that the lounges need window (overlooking tarmac if possible) .
Old Jul 21, 04, 3:54 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, SPG LTP, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Dia
I agree the one thing that does let those great lounges down is lack of windows. Can't see that changing though due to their location.
Old Jul 21, 04, 7:12 am

Programs: QR Plat
I'm in the SKL at SIN (J) for the umpteenth time over the last month and have one obbservation: it seems end og holidaytime in Europe/USA its this in to a veritable kindergarden at night....
Old Jul 22, 04, 12:45 am

tiny shower cabin

I do remember there was one very tiny shower cabin in the business class section. It really was a surprise for me. Never encountered such a small one in the F section.
Old Jul 23, 04, 11:25 pm

Programs: The opinions expressed may not reflect the airlines I work for. However, they may make you smile!
Can the SKL be used as an Arrivals Lounge for inbound J passengers? If so, are mileage award tickets valid for entry upon arrival?

I didn't see any type of Arrivals product, such as what UA and BA offer in other airports.

Also, is it true that the SKL can't be used by Star Gold passengers travelling the same day on non-SQ (but Star Alliance) flights? This would be worth knowing.
Old Jul 23, 04, 11:36 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by John26
Can the SKL be used as an Arrivals Lounge for inbound J passengers? If so, are mileage award tickets valid for entry upon arrival?
No and no. PPS members may be granted exceptions, but no guarantees.

I didn't see any type of Arrivals product, such as what UA and BA offer in other airports.
SQ offers none.

Also, is it true that the SKL can't be used by Star Gold passengers travelling the same day on non-SQ (but Star Alliance) flights?
Correct. SQ offers a different lounge to Star Gold passengers.
Old Jul 24, 04, 10:07 am

Programs: Free at last!
I finally made it into the SKL at SIN, both sides and I was terribly disappointed. Really unappealing food, even on the F side. Just not enough workspaces, either side. Could not get ethernet to work ... discovered that there's unadvertized wireless per Krisnet.

Thankfully, there's a great transit hotel and that nearby loung/shower facility for those without entree, besides free hotel accomodation for premium pax laying over 6 hours.
Old Jul 25, 04, 12:19 am
Moderator, CoronaVirus and Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Also, is it true that the SKL can't be used by Star Gold passengers travelling the same day on non-SQ (but Star Alliance) flights? This would be worth knowing.
Almost. If flying biz or first on LH or NZ you can also use SKL at SIN.
Old Jul 25, 04, 9:39 am

Location: SEA/PDX/NRT/SIN almost every month. I love my sanctuary at Sentosa Cove
Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Originally Posted by SAtransplant
Thankfully, there's a great transit hotel and that nearby loung/shower facility for those without entree, besides free hotel accomodation for premium pax laying over 6 hours.
Out of curiosity, which hotel does SQ put up premium pax laying over 6 hrs or more?
Old Jul 25, 04, 10:52 am

Programs: AC 75K,NH PLT&SFC,JL,SPG GOLD,HH GOLD
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Almost. If flying biz or first on LH or NZ you can also use SKL at SIN.
Flying biz OS(NG) can also.
Old Jul 25, 04, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by SAtransplant
Could not get ethernet to work ... discovered that there's unadvertized wireless per Krisnet.
SAtransplant,

Any more details on this service? Charges etc?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: