M1 Citibank Visa for KF Miles

Old Jun 20, 04, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+, BA Gold, Marriott/HH Gold, IC Amb, Hertz PC
M1 Citibank Visa for KF Miles

I was looking for a new Visa card in Singapore and came across this for a good way to top up Krisflyer miles. However, it only applies to Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents who are M1 mobile customers and sign up for the M1 Citibank Visa card. Apart from all the benefits you receive with M1 (such as free phone servicing, vouchers, free subscriptions to value-added services, replacement SIM, loan phones, etc), you also earn something called Bonus Cash on your M1 Visa spending. 1 Bonus Cash dollar converts to 55 Krisflyer miles.

Rates for normal spending are very low (you earn only about 2.75 miles per S$10 spent on the card so I wouldn't recommend using the card very often), but at some partners, you can really rack up the miles. See the short list below for examples of earning rates.

Miles(for S$10) Partner
=========== =====
112.75 Salon4 Hair
85.25 Samsonite
85.25 GoldHeart Jewelry
85.25 GNC
57.75 Hush Puppies
57.75 Spectacle Hut
57.75 Limited list of restaurants
11 M1 bills spending

For comparison, the Krisflyer Amex Gold card gives you about 9.3 miles for every S$10 spent.

Examples of spending:
1. Spend S$500 at GoldHeart Jewelry. Earn 4263 miles with the M1 Visa instead of 467 miles with the KF Amex.

2. Spend S$300 at Samsonite. Earn 2558 miles with the M1 Visa instead of 280 miles with the KF Amex.

3. Spend S$200 at GNC. Earn 1705 miles with the M1 Visa instead of 187 miles with the KF Amex.

4. Spend S$100 at Salon4Hair. Earn 1128 miles with the M1 Visa instead of 93 miles with the KF Amex.

5. Spend S$100 at Hush Puppies or Spectacle Hut or at about 20 restaurants. Earn 578 miles with the M1 Visa instead of 93 miles with the KF Amex.

6. Spend S$100 on your monthly M1 bills. Earn 110 miles with the M1 Visa instead of 93 miles with the KF Amex.

The full list of partners and earning rates can be found here:
http://www.m1.com.sg/M1/CDA/M1Reward...073,85,00.html
http://www.m1.com.sg/M1/CDA/M1Reward...073,84,00.html

Yes, I know its still a very limited list of partners, but hopefully some M1 customers will find this information useful.
Old Jun 20, 04, 11:05 am
Moderator, Argentina; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & All Wines Argentine
Im still waiting for some bank to do a co-branding thing with SQ and allow US based cardmembers to earn Krisflyer miles....
Old Jun 20, 04, 1:22 pm

Programs: LH M&M, CX MPC Green
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Im still waiting for some bank to do a co-branding thing with SQ and allow US based cardmembers to earn Krisflyer miles....
I've given up on that. I need to build some credit, so I grabbed Lufthansa's Miles and More Visa, issued by MBNA during a time when it said that there was no annual fee. I believe its now 60 bucks....
Old Jun 20, 04, 9:14 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Starwood Amex!!

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Starwood Amex is your answer...you can then T/F to KrisFlyer miles at 1:1 ratio
Old Jun 21, 04, 2:26 am

Programs: SQ PPS, Marriott Life Gold
Starwood Amex in Singapore?

Does anyone know if it is possible to get Startwood Amex card if I am not a resident in the United States?
Old Jun 21, 04, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by kpc
Starwood Amex is your answer...you can then T/F to KrisFlyer miles at 1:1 ratio
OK... thanks for the heads up, I have to try this. Still, transfering points from another card is not the same as having a fully co-branded card, which usually comes with additional perks.
Old Jun 21, 04, 5:49 pm

Programs: Ex *A now CX. IHG/Marriott convert
Forget this M1 card... its ridiculous having to search for "participating merchants" just to get the preferred rate for converting cash to KF miles. And the normal rate really sucks at S$10 = 1 mile.
The only perk is that points stays locked in your account untill you're ready to convert to KF miles, ie miles with no expiry dates..

In SG, there is an AMEX-KF card that enjoys double/triple miles this year. Also check out the DBS Black Card which allows conversions at $2 = 1 mile.
Old Jun 21, 04, 6:30 pm

Again, I think its ridiculous that SQ has yet to have a US based affinity card for its PPS members. This would be a big hit.... Im gonna write to PPS about this.

Search this Thread