Arrival Lounge in Zürich when flying SQ C

Old Jun 2, 04, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Arrival Lounge in Zürich when flying SQ C

A friend of mine will be travelling SIN-ZRH in C + ZRH-FRA in Y (award ticket, no more C available on ZRH-FRA) + FRA-ASB in C.

As he has a 2 hour layover in ZRH , assuming he has no *A membership, can he use any arrival lounge ?

If not, assuming that his continuing flight after FRA is in C (FRA-ASB), and his previous flights out of Europe to Asia were in F, do you think he can try to kindly ask to use the lounge anyway in ZRH ? I know it never hurts to ask but was wondering whether or not there'd be any possibility for him not to wait outside 2 hours in ZRH from 6 to 8 am after a 13 hour flight !

Last but not least, if none of those work, any nice area to take a shower - even with fee ?

Thanks.

Last edited by france usa; Jun 2, 04 at 3:12 pm
Old Jun 2, 04, 6:48 pm

For fee, sure

I dont have an answer to the lounge access question, but...

There is at least one location at ZRH where one can take a shower for about 9 CHF. They provide you with towels and the showers are quite nice. It has been over a year since I was in ZRH and I dont remember where the showers (exactly) are.

Alternatively, it is always possible to buy a daypass to most airline lounges. Some if not all of these will have showers.
Old Jun 2, 04, 10:29 pm
Moderator, Argentina; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & All Wines Argentine
I thought SQ has/d (? is my memory failing me) a dedicated lounge in Zuerich...? Maybe you should PM Rudi about this... Im sure he has the facts straight.
Old Jun 3, 04, 12:17 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: up in the air
No Silver Kris lounge at Zurich. IIRC there is a *A lounge (not carrier/FFP specific) - I presume SQ use this.
Old Jun 3, 04, 12:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks - is one entitled to use an arrival lounge when flying on SQ in C ?
Old Jun 3, 04, 9:19 am
Moderator, Argentina; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & All Wines Argentine
senior moment?

You guys are right.... I think Im confused with the AMS lounge.... there is (was?) one there or am I having another senior moment...?
Old Jun 3, 04, 6:26 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
in ZRH all StarAlliance carriers use the StarAlliance lounge (run by LH staff). The washrooms are outside the lounge.There are no showers inside that lounge (but may be they direct you to another area with showers; I never used it, so I am not really sure). You need either a LH Senator card (no boarding pass needed then) or a StarGold card with same day departing boarding pass on a Star-carrier, or a departing same-day Star-boarding pass in business or first for entrance.

I know that the swiss Allegra lounge, which gives access to all passengers against a fee, offers showers.
Old Jul 18, 06, 10:09 am

I'll be flying LX from JFK-ZRH then connecting to SIN with SQ. What's the update on the lounge access? I think I might only have an hour or so in ZRH< so I might not even have time to shower.

Is ZRH a nicer airport to transfer than FRA? I've connected in FRA few times before and didn't find the airport/lounge particularly inspiring.
Old Jul 18, 06, 2:26 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: up in the air
There are 3 lounges available, but you may not have much time to visit.

SQ uses terminal E which is separate to the main terminal. Not sure where JFK-ZRH arrives, possibly E also. If so then best bet is to head upstairs to the Bellevue Lounge, since the train to and from the main terminal will take up most of your transit by the sounds of it.

If JFK-ZRH arrives in main terminal then you could also use *A lounge (pier B - other end of the terminal) or LX lounge (at base of pier A). Allow plenty of time to transfer out to terminal E including the security check.
Old Jul 19, 06, 8:17 am

Programs: LX Sen, SQ PPS
Your JFK-ZRH flight will arrive at the E terminal - and the ZRH-SIN flight will depart again from the E terminal. Transferring between the E-Gates in Zurich is very convenient and fast - you will like it (and it is certainly better than transferring through Frankfurt)

The 'Bellevue' Lounge is located in the very same terminal building as the E-Gates, on the roof level. The entrance is in the very middle of the terminal building (i.e. between the escalators to the shuttle train). It is a very nice lounge indeed - extraordinary view, some food, tap beer... I think to remember that is has no showering facilities.

If you are in desparate need for a shower, there is multiple showers in the airport's main terminal building but I wouldn't recommend it if you have only 60 minutes in Zurich. It'll take you about 10 minutes to get from the E terminal to the main terminal building, same back and you will have to clear security again. Thus, you will be sweaty again from running back to your gate...

However, should the ZRH-SIN flight be delayed or you decide to run for that shower anyway, here are your options. For all options, you will need to take the shuttle train to from E-gates to the main terminal building. Then proceed as follows:
- Multiple showers in the Swiss Allegra arrival lounge - Follow 'Exit Zurich' -Pass immgration (typcially no queue) - In the baggage claim hall follow the hallway to the other baggage claim hall (hallway is next to lost baggage desks, and signs read something like 'Belts 11-16') - Once you get to the other baggage claim hall the lounge is in the very opposite corner (just left of the lost baggage desk, next to belt 11).
- Star alliance lounge (one shower) - Follow signs for B gates - The lounge is at the base of the B pier
- Swiss F lounge (one shower, if you have a F class ticket) - Follow the signs for 'Shopping and waiting area' - The entrance to the Swiss lounges is on the upper level of the shopping area

Enjoy Zurich!

Cheers,

Pocoloco

Last edited by Pocoloco; Jul 19, 06 at 8:38 am
Old Jul 19, 06, 10:02 am
jhm

A Priority Pass will also get you into the Bellevue, LX and LX arrival lounges.

Search this Thread