Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ ever coming back to YYZ ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2007, 9:50 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Rejuvenated
Does anybody remember what aircraft they used for this route?
Just found an old timetable eff. 1st July to 27th October 1990, the cover says: "Singapore Airlines introduces Raffles Class".

While the AMS-YYZ is not shown in there, it does show all flights from AMS to SIN (via either ZRH, CAI & BKK, FCO & BKK, ATH, VIE & CAI depending on the day of the week) being operated by 743 or 74D (743 Combi).
Old Mar 20, 2007, 1:50 pm

They flew a 747 on that route

....had the chance to fly it once - - great flight and service as usual!

The government should put some fire under AC on the service front -- - - SQ wasn't "stealing" passangers -- they were winning them. If AC was more competitive on the price and service front they wouldn't have to worry!
Old Mar 21, 2007, 8:24 am

Programs: SQ PPS *G, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
Just found an old timetable eff. 1st July to 27th October 1990, the cover says: "Singapore Airlines introduces Raffles Class".

While the AMS-YYZ is not shown in there, it does show all flights from AMS to SIN (via either ZRH, CAI & BKK, FCO & BKK, ATH, VIE & CAI depending on the day of the week) being operated by 743 or 74D (743 Combi).
I believe it was 1991 (June, IIRC) that they started flying to YYZ. I remembered the ad tagline was something like "roll out the red carpet" with a picture of a megatop sitting on red-maple-leafs-covered tarmac.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.