question:overnight in lounge at changi

Old May 11, 04, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
question:overnight in lounge at changi

Hello everybody!

Since this is my very 1st post to FT let me say I enjoyed viewing all of your posting over the last months.

Now: I will be arriving in Chiangi at 11.50 pm on UA´s 801, departing 7 hrs later on UA 800 (don´t ask . I am *G and will be holding a C-Class boarding pass for both flights.

My 3 questions:

1. Is it a good idea to transfer to terminal 2 to enjoy Silver Kris "sleeper
seats"?

2. If yes, how do I go back to terminal 1 around 5.30 am with the shuttle not
in operation? If possible w/o going through immigration?

3. Are there any alternatives in terminal 1, especially with sleeper seats? A
friend told me about a "rainbow lounge"?

Thanx for your help in advance!
Old May 11, 04, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
How do you plan to get into the Silver Kris lounge? I've never tried with just a (non SQ) *G card and flying another *A airline. I'll bet SQ directs you to one of their lesser lounges.
Old May 11, 04, 12:25 pm

Location: SEA/PDX/NRT/SIN almost every month. I love my sanctuary at Sentosa Cove
Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Originally Posted by flyin´ruddl
Now: I will be arriving in Chiangi at 11.50 pm on UA´s 801, departing 7 hrs later on UA 800 (don´t ask . I am *G and will be holding a C-Class boarding pass for both flights.

My 3 questions:

seats"?

Welcome to FT!
I assume you have your C boarding pass SIN-NRT issued already when you land in SIN.

If it is, then my answers to your questions are:
1. Yes, although sometimes grudgingly. There is decent food, and showers.
2. Both terminals are connected air-side, so you never have to go thru immigration. There is a walkway connecting both terminals.
3. Not familiar with this though. Best alternative is to book the transit hotel, but that would incur $$.
Old May 11, 04, 1:59 pm

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
Hello everybody!

Since this is my very 1st post to FT let me say I enjoyed viewing all of your posting over the last months.

My 3 questions:

seats"?

for a best rest, i suggest you the transit hotel.
but advance booking is strictly necessary.
www.changi.airport.com.sg
and than search for transit hotel

the sleeper seats in Silverkris lounge are good, but a bed is a bed!
Old May 11, 04, 2:00 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: up in the air
Welcome to FT flyin ' ruddl

1) Officially you will not get into SQ lounge without onward C or F ticket on SQ, LH or NZ (only), unless as PPS. Unofficially, if you wait until 1:30am (just a guess - after the last flights are boarded) when all is quiet you may have a chance of sneaking in

2) You can walk along the passageway (by the E gates) between the terminal - complete with moving walkways if desired.

3) Not sure - try a transit hotel (will cost $$).
Old May 11, 04, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Thanks so far for your replies.

By the way: I WILL BE holding a C-Class boarding pass for the next morning´s flight.

Again: Thanks
Old May 11, 04, 2:42 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Thanks so far for your replies.

By the way: I WILL BE holding a C-Class boarding pass for the next morning´s flight.

Again: Thanks
Yes but the Silver Kris lounge is NOT the *Gold lounge so you dont have right of access flying UA, unless you happen to be PPS.

We dont mean to come across so strong, but it is a common misperception that *Gold or anyone flying any *A in C or F has right of access. SQ are very much more restrictive than other *A in who has access to their lounges. The *Gold lounge at SIN is called Premier (also in T2) and it is very much lower quality than Silver Kris.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; May 11, 04 at 2:45 pm
Old May 12, 04, 12:10 am
Original Poster

[QUOTE=Kiwi Flyer]Yes but the Silver Kris lounge is NOT the *Gold lounge so you dont have right of access flying UA, unless you happen to be PPS.
QUOTE]

Sorry to bring this thread up again, but I didn´t thought that access to the Silver Kris Lounge should pose a problem as the *-site quotes:

"International Business Class:

Customers who present an international Business Class boarding pass, regardless of the Star Alliance carrier they fly, have access to all members' designated business departure lounges. Guests are not permitted."
Old May 12, 04, 12:13 am
Moderator, Argentina; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & All Wines Argentine
Sorry to bring this thread up again, but I didn´t thought that access to the Silver Kris Lounge should pose a problem as the *-site quotes:

Customers who present an international Business Class boarding pass, regardless of the Star Alliance carrier they fly, have access to all members' designated business departure lounges. Guests are not permitted."
The wording is not water tight and open to interpretation.

I assure you the above information posted by Kiwi is correct. Unless you have PPS Status with SQ, the C boarding pass that you hold will not grant you access into the Silver Kris Lounge. There are other, (yes, unfortunately lesser) lounges that you will be able to use.
Old May 12, 04, 12:23 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Yes but the Silver Kris lounge is NOT the *Gold lounge so you dont have right of access flying UA, unless you happen to be PPS.

Unfortunately for us, SQ designates the Premier lounge as the *Gold/*Biz/*First lounge and so that is the one you have available. Silver Kris is not *Gold/*Biz/*First lounge. As mentioned above, it is available if you are flying biz or first on SQ, LH or NZ only - or you are PPS.

Sorry to labour the point - but thats the rule SQ has made.
Old May 12, 04, 12:34 am

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Transit hotel URL

Originally Posted by paffendorf
for a best rest, i suggest you the transit hotel.
but advance booking is strictly necessary.
www.changi.airport.com.sg
and than search for transit hotel

the sleeper seats in Silverkris lounge are good, but a bed is a bed!
Try this www.airport-hotel.com.sg/ for the Transit hotel website. You can fill in a form and submit it. THey respond by e-mail fairly promptly. If they confirm your room, remember to carry a print out of the e-mail confirmation. If they are really full up, they sometimes bump you even if you have a confirmation. Having the printed copy will save you then as its irrefutable.
Old May 12, 04, 12:40 am

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum

The Silver Kris Lounge is _not_ a "designated business departure lounge".
Old May 12, 04, 12:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zvezda
Now - that´s sad, but clear.

I´ll try the hotel, booking is already in progress.
Once more: Thanks!
Old May 12, 04, 12:53 am

Location: SEA/PDX/NRT/SIN almost every month. I love my sanctuary at Sentosa Cove
Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Originally Posted by zvezda
Hmm...not sure if they have changed, because prior to my PPS cards, I did not have any problems entering SKL with my UA C BP and 1K card. I think several UA C pax have done it before.

Suggest you give it a try, since the worst that can happen is that they deny you entry.

If you are traveling light, suggest that you take a cab and indulge in some good food.
Old May 12, 04, 1:01 am
Patron

Kiwi Flyer knows the rule of the game!

Look here and you find *As official answer (as you don’t accept Kiwi Flyer’s excellent explanations and hints):
In Singapore we offer access to the Singapore Airlines Premium Lounge instead of the Silver Kris Lounge (Raffles Class).
UA’s Lounges info

In T1 there are two *A lounges: Thai Royal Orchid Lounge & CLUB ANA Lounge.

Search this Thread