Community
Wiki Posts
Search

question:overnight in lounge at changi

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2004, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Leaving all that accurate information aside, the sleeper seats in the lounge are highly over-rated. Most people seem to end up on the floor instead....so I would recommend the transit hotel, or perhaps a cheap room at the newly re-opened Le Meridien Changi.
Old May 12, 2004, 3:40 am

I thought the consensus here (and in other airline forums) is that SQ SilverKris lounge in SIN is open to business class passengers on any Star Alliance carrier, not limited to SQ. I myself have entered there by showing only a NH boarding pass without mentioning/showing my PPS card.
Old May 12, 2004, 3:46 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Chiangi
I thought the consensus here (and in other airline forums) is that SQ SilverKris lounge in SIN is open to business class passengers on any Star Alliance carrier, not limited to SQ. I myself have entered there by showing only a NH boarding pass without mentioning/showing my PPS card.
Chiangi-San-- Glad to see you back on these boards... Im not sure that consensus is there. I guess that there may be some exceptions or cases when the staff dont check, but, unless you are PPS or fly on some of the specially designated Star partners (and United is not one of them) that SQ allows into the Silver Kris lounges, one is usually denied entry. Are you sure NH is not one of the 'special' partners?

My respects to you, Sir.

Gaucho100K
Old May 12, 2004, 4:59 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
unless you are PPS or fly on some of the specially designated Star partners (and United is not one of them) that SQ allows into the Silver Kris lounges, one is usually denied entry.
AFAIK, the 'special' partners of SQ for Silver Kris lounge access are LH and NZ.
All stargold's on other star carriers are asked to go to the designated 'star-alliance gold' lounge at SIN which is the (somewhat inferior) SATS Premier lounge.
Old May 12, 2004, 5:07 am
Patron

Originally Posted by Chiangi
I thought the consensus here (and in other airline forums) is that SQ SilverKris lounge in SIN is open to business class passengers on any Star Alliance carrier, not limited to SQ.
Maybe you should look at the entrance of the Silver Kris Lounge (besides SQ/MI you find only LH & NZ logos), consult *A information or take the time to read some posts on this thread. After doing this, it is hard to believe tht you still think what you wrote above.

@ Swanhunter. The sleeper seats, food, drinks, internet access all maybe overrated, but a lot of travellers like to use these offers (the even come from another Terminal!) and some of them try to find entry keys to join the crowd, other complain that lounge are packed…

Old May 12, 2004, 5:11 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by AJLondon
AFAIK, the 'special' partners of SQ for Silver Kris lounge access are LH and NZ.
This is also my experience...
Old May 12, 2004, 5:28 am

Le Meridien Changi

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Leaving all that accurate information aside, the sleeper seats in the lounge are highly over-rated. Most people seem to end up on the floor instead....so I would recommend the transit hotel, or perhaps a cheap room at the newly re-opened Le Meridien Changi.
Swanhunter,
have you had recent experience with the Changi Le Meridien - how away is it from the terminal - how much time does one need to allocate for "transfer" to the hotel and back ?

TYIA

Cheers

Thomas
Old May 12, 2004, 5:35 am

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by tcswede
have you had recent experience with the Changi Le Meridien - how away is it from the terminal - how much time does one need to allocate for "transfer" to the hotel and back ?
About 15 minutes by taxi.
Old May 12, 2004, 5:40 am
Patron

"Hotel is conveniently located close to the Changi International Airport (12 km)"

Meridien Changi Village (SGD 125,--+++/night)

Old May 12, 2004, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Patron
Maybe you should look at the entrance of the Silver Kris Lounge (besides SQ/MI you find only LH & NZ logos), consult *A information or take the time to read some posts on this thread. After doing this, it is hard to believe tht you still think what you wrote above.
With due respect, who has been denied access at SKL by showing which star carrier's business class boarding pass?

I am sorry I could only read ws8n 's experience on this thread, which I think is contrary to what is perhaps asserted? I did recall reading a few UA business class pax refused but others, I thought, were all admitted with a business class boarding pass.

Mine is also not recent. It was back in December. I do not think it was a fluke as it was the second time that I was admitted with a NH C class boarding pass. On both times, they took note of my name and flight number at the service desk counter on the left side before the F class lounge.
Old May 12, 2004, 6:31 am

Programs: AC*SE; HH*Silver; SPG Gold
Ymmv...

I agree wholeheartedly with the above posters in laying out the "rules" and "regulations" of access to the SilverKris lounge in SIN. I would say however, that it is worth a shot. Here's why...

I (a *G) recently flew Raffles into SIN and arrived around midnight. I had an early flight the next morning on Malaysian to KUL. I meandered up to the SK lounge and politely explained the situation. After checking my itin (which had additional SQ flights in Raffles later in the week) I was let in to the lounge, which was deserted. I had a fitful sleep in the "Sleeper" seats, had some breakfast, and headed to my flight. Of course, ymmv, but the worst they can say is no.
Old May 12, 2004, 7:40 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
FYI, the Changi Village Meridien is closed for renovations and only opening again on 22 May.

Its worth a shot trying to get into the Silver Kris Lounge...Last Wednesday morning I flew into Changi and I had an onward C boarding pass on SQ later that day so I walked straight into the Raffles lounge with a "good morning" to the 3 staff standing at the entrance. It was only as I headed to the showers that I realized that no one had asked me for my boarding pass. There was no obvious indication that I was flying in Raffles - I was wearing jeans - and my Krisflyer Elite Gold luggage tag was in plain sight on my cabin bag.
Old May 12, 2004, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Savage25
FYI, the Changi Village Meridien is closed for renovations and only opening again on 22 May.
Thanks for the information - was looking for the night on May 25 - arriving from NRT at 1:05 am (actually May 26) and continuing at 8:50 that morning.

Always prefer a bed instead of a lounge - especially at € 60 for the night.

Cheers

Thomas
Old May 12, 2004, 9:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Savage25
Last Wednesday morning I flew into Changi and I had an onward C boarding pass on SQ later that day so I walked straight into the Raffles lounge with a "good morning" to the 3 staff standing at the entrance. It was only as I headed to the showers that I realized that no one had asked me for my boarding pass.
Your Raffles class BP must have some kind of radioactive isotope that shows up on SQ warden's scanners as they pass thru

Either that or they recognized you from previous trips. That has happen to me before, and I am surprised they remember my name.
Old May 12, 2004, 1:08 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Yes occasionally I have gotten in without showing any boarding pass or card - either they recognised me, or in rare case no one was manning the front desk! But I have also seen a lot of people turned away who thought they had access. As always YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.