Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying inaugural EWR-SIN

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2004, 9:20 am

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Originally Posted by CGK
I don't have FT tag. Have not packed yet, so I don't know yet what I am going to wear. But definitely, I will have a distinctive smell since I will not have my shower before the flight , especially after 19 hours in the plane from SIN.
Yes. So if any of you enter the lounge and encounter a mind-numbingly smelly area-there you will find us: me, CGK and Kiwi Flyer.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by StarG
Yes. So if any of you enter the lounge and encounter a mind-numbingly smelly area-there you will find us: me, CGK and Kiwi Flyer.
Ok.... But which lounge are you guys gonna stink up?

I'll be flying in from Montreal, so maybe we can meet somewhere easy to find and convenient...

I don't have any FT tags either, but what I can do is to wear an Airbus Polo or t-shirt. If you guys like to, could you please email me a photo of yourself at sailaway at singnet dot com dot sg and I could collate them all and email you a compiled contact sheet.

See you guys soon!

Gary
Old Jun 22, 2004, 11:00 am

I wish I can go too...

Originally Posted by CGK
I am looking forward to these inaugural flights. And, I am looking forward for the double miles to be posted correctly into my account

Earn Double Miles (at least 38,116 KrisFlyer Miles for one round-trip)
Fly non-stop between New York/Newark and Singapore between June 28 and August 31, 2004 and receive double KrisFlyer miles
Just checked and tickets still available for the 28th EWR-SIN on SQ 21 (or is it 20?). Econ = $1400+

Two questions -
- is that really a MR for SIN. You guys talk about fares half that price, usually.
- Do you get double miles on STAR partners' programs. I cannot imagine opening a KrisFlyer account just for this flight.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA, KrisFlyer, SPG, etc.
EWR - Singapore

I did open a Kris Flyer account just for the double miles, since EWR to Singapore = 18K rt which = almost 40K when you double it.

You could still use the miles on a partner airline inside the U.S., you would just have to book it through Air Singapore. Although I think only free tickets apply that way, and not upgrades.

Worse case scenario we take a trip to Australia on Air Singapore and upgrade (not the worse thing that can happen )

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, anyone.

We are traveling on the EWR - Singapore route at the end of July....myself, husband and 3 kids....flying in S class ("Executive Economy") and am very anxious to hear the reviews from all of you flying soon!
Old Jun 24, 2004, 8:21 am
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by sailaway75
Ok.... But which lounge are you guys gonna stink up?

I'll be flying in from Montreal, so maybe we can meet somewhere easy to find and convenient...

I don't have any FT tags either, but what I can do is to wear an Airbus Polo or t-shirt. If you guys like to, could you please email me a photo of yourself at sailaway at singnet dot com dot sg and I could collate them all and email you a compiled contact sheet.

See you guys soon!

Gary
Sorry, Gary. I am lacking in the knowledge of digital photos. My SO is not here to help.
But, I will contact Stevetas once I get out from the immigration and customs. And I think we should go to both lounges: Virgin before security and SAS after security.
Old Jun 24, 2004, 8:27 am
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by gt0138d
Just checked and tickets still available for the 28th EWR-SIN on SQ 21 (or is it 20?). Econ = $1400+

Two questions -
- is that really a MR for SIN. You guys talk about fares half that price, usually.
- Do you get double miles on STAR partners' programs. I cannot imagine opening a KrisFlyer account just for this flight.
I think it's a good bargain to earn miles. Since you are in the east coast: For 25,000 miles, you can upgrade on SQ JFK-FRA from Y to C. And from my last flight I took, I think it's worth it. Good meals and good services. And I think SQ offers one way fares JFK-FRA for around $400 - quite a saving compare to other airlines flying to FRA.
Old Jun 26, 2004, 1:58 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
cgk, starg, stevetas, sailaway - YHPM.
Old Jun 27, 2004, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Enjoy the flight - and please post your views as I am booked SIN - EWR in the middle of August.
Old Jun 28, 2004, 7:51 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Just a quick post from EWR. Will post more info later.

^ to SQ for providing a hotel room for those of us going straight back so we could get a shower (there are none in terminal B or EWR)

So we wont be stinking up the plane afterall
Old Jun 29, 2004, 8:45 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Any of you guys made it into this clip?
Old Jun 29, 2004, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A photo of the arrival in EWR:

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/BUSINESS...apore.airline/
Old Jun 29, 2004, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I'd like to know the physical condition of the cabin crew after such a long flight. I think SQ at one point wanted to put a 2nd set of crew on board but decided against it.. and only put on an extra 4 crew members instead. I bet you guys were demanding on board...

A friend of mine, who is a SQ cabin crew will be making the flight home with his team mates today 29th July as passengers. He and his team flew one of the last flights of the SIN-AMS-EWR pattern and will now have to be dead-headed home. They will be in economy.. and don't worry... SQ does not upgrade employees.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 3:57 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Dont know - clip not working on this pc.

We are back in SIN. Quite a party of FTers and other aviation buffs. Will post more later.

There were a few tv crews, radio / newspaper / magazine journalists on board.

Will post a report later.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 7:49 pm

OK, which of you were mentioned in this article? It HAS to be an FTer

http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/sin...58978,00.html?
Old Jun 29, 2004, 9:23 pm

Smile First impressions of Exec Economy (LAX-SIN)

Try as much as I did, I couldnt get onto the 28th EWR-SIN (got some last minute work in SIN). So, I didnt the next best thing - flew all the way to LAX and took the LAX-SIN flight. I am returning on the SIN-EWR in a couple of days.

With 117 seats in coach (2-3-2 configuration), executive economy feels as spacious as US domestic first. Bigger inseat video than usual and a self-service area for snacks and water. The long flight didnt feel half as bad as any comparable flights on other airlines (say AA's DFW-ICN or the dreaded UA 747 Asia flights). As usual, the inflight SQ service was superb and the flight attendants today were in a lot more chatty mood compared to the previous SIN-FRA-JFK trips.

The one thing I didn't like is the footrest. OK - other airlines dont have one and therefore, this is an improvement. But, it is a short one and it is not very comfortable (and I am an average height person) when extended.

Love travelling on SQ. Will post if there is anything different on the EWR-SIN sector. So, this trip will become a RTW one for me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.