FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   Raffles Fra-jfk (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/319350-raffles-fra-jfk.html)

slasdempo May 7, 2004 2:43 am

Raffles Fra-jfk

Hello
I will fly for the first time SIA Raffles from FRA-JFK-FRA.
I choose Seat 11 A. Is this a good seat and how is the Service aboard?
Is this flight usually full?
Is it bether up or downstairs?

Thanks a lot

Greets
Sam

skye May 7, 2004 7:01 am

Hurray for your first time. Asian airlines have been famed for their service, and SIA has tip-top service. I doubt the flight would be full, and personally, I like upstairs better because it is more private. Have fun on your journey! :)

Gaucho100K May 7, 2004 9:02 am

I think you should get a seat upstairs, its definetely the better choice if you are in Raffles. The SIN-FRA route is a very popular one, and loads are usually very high. What flight are you taking.... the night flight is usually the most popular one - actually harder to get seats on special fares such as RTWs. The day flight (leaving at noon) is much less crowded if this is an issue for you.

Service aboard SQ is someting most other carriers talk (and cry) about.... Im sure you will be very well taken care of. Congratulations on your first premium cabin flight in SQ, it will surely be something you will remember... :D ^

Babu May 7, 2004 4:30 pm

He's only flying the FRA-JFK sectors

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
I think you should get a seat upstairs, its definetely the better choice if you are in Raffles. The SIN-FRA route is a very popular one, and loads are usually very high. What flight are you taking.... the night flight is usually the most popular one - actually harder to get seats on special fares such as RTWs. The day flight (leaving at noon) is much less crowded if this is an issue for you.

Service aboard SQ is someting most other carriers talk (and cry) about.... Im sure you will be very well taken care of. Congratulations on your first premium cabin flight in SQ, it will surely be something you will remember... :D ^

Gaucho,

He's not going all the way to SIN--he says just FRA-JFK-FRA

paffendorf May 7, 2004 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by slasdempo
Hello
I will fly for the first time SIA Raffles from FRA-JFK-FRA.
I choose Seat 11 A. Is this a good seat and how is the Service aboard?
Is this flight usually full?
Is it bether up or downstairs?

Thanks a lot

Greets
Sam

upstairs is the best one!
row 11 the best one.
service is superb..... whateve you need... ASK FOR IT, ASK FOR IT, ASK FOR IT, ASK FOR IT, ASK FOR IT.
SIA's FA know only one answer "You're welcome" :DDD
I love this carrier!!!!

see ya

Buster CT1K May 8, 2004 8:06 am

Originally Posted by paffendorf
upstairs is the best one!
row 11 the best one.
service is superb..... whateve you need... ASK FOR IT, ASK FOR IT, ASK FOR IT, ASK FOR IT, ASK FOR IT.
SIA's FA know only one answer "You're welcome" :DDD
I love this carrier!!!!

see ya

Raffles class crew are exceptionally obliging, and are limited by only how busy they are. When I flew Raffles class FRA-SIN, it was a blowout experience with an incredible crew.

CGK May 14, 2004 8:54 am

I just took FRA-JFK a week ago. Great flight on J-class. I chose the white german asparagus with butter sauce, new potatoes, smoked and cooked ham which is quite good for light meal. The noodle soup for my brunch was also great. Spent my time watching movies for the whole flight.
The only drawback for this SQ flight is the fact that departs FRA at 8:30am. It's too early for me.

paffendorf May 14, 2004 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by CGK
I just took FRA-JFK a week ago. Great flight on J-class. I chose the white german asparagus with butter sauce, new potatoes, smoked and cooked ham which is quite good for light meal. The noodle soup for my brunch was also great. Spent my time watching movies for the whole flight.
The only drawback for this SQ flight is the fact that departs FRA at 8:30am. It's too early for me.

there are no other possibilities... cause the aircraft arrives two hours befor from SIN... It takes off in SIN around midnight...
i know very well that 8.30 am is too early for connection, but it's not possible retarding departure in SIN...