Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ: Need advice re LAX

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2004, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

SQ: Need advice re LAX

When I made my reservation for SQ 19 (LAX-SIN) by phone, the agent (presumably reading from a script) said "Please be at the airport three hours before your flight time." I said, "Three hours???" and she answered that the lines at security "might be long."
So, I need some real-world advice from those who take SQ out of LAX more than I do. For Raffles class, how far in advance would you get to the airport? I'm familiar with the Bradley terminal at LAX and normally would allow 90 minutes for check-in, even post 9/11.
Thanks for any advice.
Old May 2, 2004, 10:26 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
IIRC 3 hours is about when check-in opened at LAX the one time I flew SQ from there - back in Feb.
Old May 3, 2004, 6:07 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
IMO... 3 hours is way way way toooo long. You are in Raffles, so you will not have to endure a long line. The only thing is that the poorly organized security screening procedures can eat a lot of time, but if this is the case you should get assistance from the SQ counter stand - same goes for the lines to the gate area. Go 90 minutes in advance... and that is more than enough time. Besides, the lounges are all bad so you wont be missing anything.

Have a good flight.
Old May 3, 2004, 8:10 am

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
The only thing is that the poorly organized security screening procedures can eat a lot of time, but if this is the case you should get assistance from the SQ counter stand - same goes for the lines to the gate area.
Are you serious? I wish I'd known that last time I flew SQ out of LAX--the line to go through security clearance took at least an hour.
Old May 4, 2004, 7:24 pm

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by MovieMan
Are you serious? I wish I'd known that last time I flew SQ out of LAX--the line to go through security clearance took at least an hour.
Absolutely. I dont know if its a standard service, but last time out I requested the SQ agent accompany me through security and they did just that.

Actually, I dont understand why Bradley Terminal cannot have elite/premium cabin lines just like many other airports...
Old May 5, 2004, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by MovieMan
I once spent 1 hour 45 mins. in the security line at LAX-Bradley Terminal. I did however arrive 3 hours prior to departure, so I was prepared.
Old May 5, 2004, 9:26 pm

It has to be said that lines are weird at Bradley.... some days they are hell and others its like the place is a ghost town. In any case, they need to work on crowd management at peak hours, the place is even worse than Miami International...
Old May 6, 2004, 2:20 am

hmm.....I don't think I've ever spent more than 15 mins on the bradley security lines.....this is mostly at the south checkpoint, but also sometimes at the north...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.