Time taken to credit PPS Value

Old Mar 31, 2024, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Time taken to credit PPS Value

Just wondering how long it typically takes for PPS value to appear on my account? Completed a paid trip in Suites from SYD to LHR a couple of days ago. Elite and KrisFlyer miles are showing up but there is a dash in the PPS value section. Should I wait a while before chasing this up? Many thanks.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 2:50 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, SQ TPPS, Accor Diamond
It can take up to five biz days, give or take. Its never the fastest but they will post. Havent had any issues needing to chase them.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 6:38 pm

usually 4-7 calendar days from date of flight.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:48 am

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Does anyone know why it takes so long? Surely they have the full data about the ticket price already at time of sale and know whether the flight is completed the same time the miles credit?
Old Apr 3, 2024, 1:51 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, SQ TPPS, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by AAtticus
Does anyone know why it takes so long? Surely they have the full data about the ticket price already at time of sale and know whether the flight is completed the same time the miles credit?
From what I understood some years ago they have to calculate the price per sector and then, if applicable, convert to SGD minus tax etc. It seemed to be less straightforward and sounded almost manual.

I do recall a few years back getting them to credit within a day as I was in NYC and wanted to use VS CH in JFK whilst in J on SQ as that PPS credit brought me over TPPS threshold. But this was out of the ordinary.

Perhaps other members here have better insight they may wish to share.
AAtticus likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by RayG
From what I understood some years ago they have to calculate the price per sector and then, if applicable, convert to SGD minus tax etc. It seemed to be less straightforward and sounded almost manual.

I do recall a few years back getting them to credit within a day as I was in NYC and wanted to use VS CH in JFK whilst in J on SQ as that PPS credit brought me over TPPS threshold. But this was out of the ordinary.

Perhaps other members here have better insight they may wish to share.
sounds like a reasonable explanation since the price of the ticket needs to be pro-rated based on the distance flown. And probably because their Finance will need to process all these and may take a couple of days to receive whatever files they need to process the ticket value pro-ration, convert to SGD etc
This is unlike miles which is a fixed % multiplied by known distance flown so it is straightforward to calculate and credit almost immediately after you fly.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 1:54 pm

Programs: Airpoints
I have some questions. I flew SQ outbound on 17 and 18 March and then SQ inbound on 30 and 31 March al; in qualifying classes.

I credited miles to NZ Airpoints and status points.

To my surprise I was credited PPS Value specifically on the flights on the 30 and 31 March. I didn't think this could happen since I credited my miles to NZ Airpoints.

The reason I am surprised about this is when I flew on SQ code share ticket (which I now know qualifies) in April 2023, I was not credited any PPS Value (given the time passed, pointless to follow up on that now).

This makes me think should I have PPS Value for the flights on 17 and 18 March? If so, how do I follow up on this?

Cheers
Old Apr 10, 2024, 11:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by travellingmip

This makes me think should I have PPS Value for the flights on 17 and 18 March? If so, how do I follow up on this?

Cheers
You have to tell check-in staff that you are a Krisflyer member in order to earn PPS value when putting another FFP for the miles. SQ allows double dipping

You have to raise this via the feedback function on their webpage and they will give you the PPS value. Include your ticket in your request.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 7:12 pm

SQ does allow you to credit miles to other FFP and yet credit PPS value to your KF as long as you specify KF as FQTS at check-in. This allows you to also enjoy complimentary wifi when flying non-premium cabins.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 5:29 pm

Programs: Airpoints
Originally Posted by SMK77
You have to tell check-in staff that you are a Krisflyer member in order to earn PPS value when putting another FFP for the miles. SQ allows double dipping

You have to raise this via the feedback function on their webpage and they will give you the PPS value. Include your ticket in your request.
Originally Posted by bent
SQ does allow you to credit miles to other FFP and yet credit PPS value to your KF as long as you specify KF as FQTS at check-in. This allows you to also enjoy complimentary wifi when flying non-premium cabins.
Thanks! I didn't know it double dipping was allowed, and even if I did, I wouldn't think of specifying KF at check in. Thing is though I bought direct with SQ and my account has my KF number.

Anyhoos, will follow up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.